IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I type this, it is 12:06 pm here in Iowa.

The temperature here (90 miles and southwest of Evansdale) is 85 F right now. That's over the limit for flying in dogs.

Last night, it didn't drop to 84 degrees here until it was almost dark out (8:30 pm or so).

Getting dogs in and out of Iowa by air in the summer is always a dicy business.

Is FBI bringing in more dogs???

if they are, geesh I would hope they could be considered service dogs and could fly in the cabin...or private/government transport
hmm not sure how that is handled specifically by FBI

I understand being thorough and agree, but I honestly don't think I have ever seen this much care go into searching a body of water even in similar cases. Like, dragging sonar divers draining and then more dragging sonar and divers.

Maybe I have some of the facts twisted or maybe they do do all of that in other cases and it just isn't reported?

I don't have sound on my computer, can someone tell me what the video says?

TIA!!

Paraphrasing: FBI is taking a two-pronged approach to the investigation. Public sees dredging of the lake, the lake being drained, but what public doesn't see is that we are conducting polygraphs, we are conducting interviews...we are leaving no stone unturned.

I understand being thorough and agree, but I honestly don't think I have ever seen this much care go into searching a body of water even in similar cases. Like, dragging sonar divers draining and then more dragging sonar and divers.

Maybe I have some of the facts twisted or maybe they do do all of that in other cases and it just isn't reported?

There have been multiple dives and searches of certain specific areas of teh Kennebec River in Waterville Maine in the Ayla Reynolds case as well. We are equally puzzled by those. But you are right, it is not something I am used to seeing or would consider SOP either.

Transcripts of last night's JVM Show with interview of Tammy B (sister) below.

A few of us wanted to confirm whether Tammy had said that DM had been working out a plea deal in his upcoming case:

BROUSSEAU: OK. He doesn`t have a job. He`s not working. And, you know, his issue is not -- it`s not that he`s purchasing the meth. It`s that he was caught with three meth labs. And it`s on public record. There`s a trial to take place in maybe a couple weeks here. He`s been offered a plea agreement. You know, it`s still all pending. It`s all pending.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/18/ijvm.01.html

So if the girls ARE in the lake...the soonest we will know is tomorrow?

mod note: at this time we can discuss what is in the main stream media in regards to the parents. That being said, there has been nothing reported that links any of these parents to the vanishing of these two girls. Websleuths is a victim friendly forum and the family are considered victims at this time as well. Thank you for your understanding.

Is FBI bringing in more dogs???

if they are, geesh I would hope they could be considered service dogs and could fly in the cabin...or private/government transport
hmm not sure how that is handled specifically by FBI

No more dogs, I made a mistake with a date on an article.

Transcripts of last night's JVM Show with interview of Tammy B (sister) below.

A few of us wanted to confirm whether Tammy had said that DM had been working out a plea deal in his upcoming case:

BROUSSEAU: OK. He doesn`t have a job. He`s not working. And, you know, his issue is not -- it`s not that he`s purchasing the meth. It`s that he was caught with three meth labs. And it`s on public record. There`s a trial to take place in maybe a couple weeks here. He`s been offered a plea agreement. You know, it`s still all pending. It`s all pending.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/18/ijvm.01.html

My respect for Jane Velez-Mitchell just went up:

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HOST: Well, I don`t think any of us can judge what these family members are going through. And people have been judging, saying, oh, well, one is smiling too much. Psychologists will tell you that we have absolutely no idea how people react. That the way they react in the movies has nothing to do with the way people react in real life.

We just heard that the FBI asked local LE to stop draining the lake. Apparently they need at least 6 feet of water in the lake to properly use their side scanning sonar equipment.

OT - your kitty looks just like mine - his name is Shadow Man - he's a manx.

Adding to this...there has also been comments on the Waterloo/Cedar Falls courier live comments section that the divers would need to be briefed, get their plan, etc. before they dive - which could by why the dive may not happen until tomorrow.
These people are only coming from California...which on a normal commercial flight would take maybe 4-6 hours (if they came through Chicago...which God willing they are on a DIRECT FLIGHT and not taking their time). They had known as of yesterday they were coming in, so why couldn't they be briefed, and get their plan in place on that plane ride? I know I am just rushing things and there are measures that need to be taken, but geez...these families are beside themselves...get them in the water immediately! It really shouldn't take an immense amount of planning...this body of water is NOT that big.

I also find it hard to believe that the original dragging of the lake/sonar/wading searchers would not have found them if they were in there. I don't believe for one second that if those girls DID get in some boat (as pp have suggested) that no one would have seen this boat. The deep parts would NOT be near the edges, which then puts them out in the open. If it was a drowning I also find it hard to believe that some sort of thrashing/arm movement (between the 2 of them) would have gone unnoticed.

I also don't think anyone could have disposed of their bodies in that lake without someone seeing SOMETHING either. Whether it's as simple as "yes, while I was out there walking/riding etc. I did see a boat over in X area."

I'm pretty sure they were briefed before they left CA. They were told the reason, the length/width of the lake, the depth, how much water is left, percentage of visibility, etc... However, I'd imagine that they'll need time to get acquainted with all the LE/FBI players working the case, a better idea (visually) of what the conditions are (visibility, plant life, etc). Based on these calculations they'll determine the best place to systematically start. Its a pretty extensive prep/process...I have the pleasure of knowing a few experienced divers...

Has it ever been stated whether or not the girls wore bike helmets? If they did, it doesn't
seem likely they would ever go swimming with them on.

thx Grainne- thought I missed something:) on dogs

You know I am still a little confused as to why the Aunt, grandma & nephew went rushing down to the lake from the get go :waitasec:
I mean the river is literally less than 1000 ft from the Collins residence...

maybe they rushed to the lake because that is where the bike trail is located? Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246