WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Mackenzie sexually assaulted, or has this information not been released?

I heard a rumor from someone reliable that did not make sense to me so I thought that I would share it in the hope that others may be able to help me shed light on this rumor.
Someone I know asked me about unsolved murders in Central Washington, they gave me some details that I will not share, and then stated there is fear that this may be a serial. I told them that I was not aware of any serial type murders in the area. Of course I did some research and found this:

• Delbert J. Brazil of East Wenatchee, who was 48 years old when he disappeared in September 1997.
Hikers found Brazil’s car Sept. 14 of that year in a turnout along the Mission Ridge Road about a mile below the ski area. However, a search of the area did not find Brazil, Harris said.
A skull, believed to be from Brazil, was found Oct. 4, 2003, in the area of Squilchuck State Park. Officials at the time speculated that he might have committed suicide as he had reportedly been depressed and talked about suicide. Harris said he needs to find relatives of Brazil on Brazil’s mother’s side so scientists can test mitochondrial DNA. Harris asks that anyone related to Brazil contact him at 667-6431 or Wayne.Harris@co.chelan.wa.us.

Squilchuck State park is not far from where Mackenzie’s car was found. This is the only unsolved death that I can find in recent years. I don’t believe that rumor at this point; however, if there is more information out there let me know.

Jimmy

I heard a rumor from someone reliable that did not make sense to me so I thought that I would share it in the hope that others may be able to help me shed light on this rumor.
Someone I know asked me about unsolved murders in Central Washington, they gave me some details that I will not share, and then stated there is fear that this may be a serial. I told them that I was not aware of any serial type murders in the area. Of course I did some research and found this:

• Delbert J. Brazil of East Wenatchee, who was 48 years old when he disappeared in September 1997.
Hikers found Brazil’s car Sept. 14 of that year in a turnout along the Mission Ridge Road about a mile below the ski area. However, a search of the area did not find Brazil, Harris said.
A skull, believed to be from Brazil, was found Oct. 4, 2003, in the area of Squilchuck State Park. Officials at the time speculated that he might have committed suicide as he had reportedly been depressed and talked about suicide. Harris said he needs to find relatives of Brazil on Brazil’s mother’s side so scientists can test mitochondrial DNA. Harris asks that anyone related to Brazil contact him at 667-6431 or Wayne.Harris@co.chelan.wa.us.

Squilchuck State park is not far from where Mackenzie’s car was found. This is the only unsolved death that I can find in recent years. I don’t believe that rumor at this point; however, if there is more information out there let me know.

Jimmy

I don't think Mack's case is related or is serial. JMO

Here is a link to the unsolved or cold cases. Three men, including the one you posted. (two are listed in gray type on the left sidebar of the article)

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/10/coroners-hunch-leads-to-evidence-of-murder/

I don’t think I’ve seen this mentioned anywhere, so I’ll throw it out as wild speculation.

Something that has been stewing in my mind for some time --the”placing” of the body with her feet in the water.

This seems so deliberate to me, so I googled “feet” and “baptism” to see what would come up. At Wiki, there is some interesting information regarding “foot washing” and baptism and “The Last Supper.”

Perhaps the killer thought Mac needed to be cleansed or baptized. One quote that stuck out was “The Bible records washing of the saint's feet being practiced by the primitive church in 1 Timothy 5:10 perhaps in reference to piety, submission and/or humility.”

Just my thoughts.

I think that the feet in the water may be a red herring. The major problem is that on any given day, the water level rises or drops as much as two feet. During the night he water rises and then it drops in the morning. The dams fill at night and produce more power in the morning.

If the body was found in the evening she may have been on dry land. If the body was found early in the morning, it may have been completely covered with water.

Jimmy

I don’t necessarily believe that this is a serial or related to a serial, I was just passing on info.

If there was a suspected serial working in the area the FBI profiler would have stayed.

Jimmy

Very interesting, James, I hadn't heard of this one.

My feeling is that this is not a serial killer either. One thing about them is that they tend to stay within a certain sex, race and age group that appeals to them when choosing victims.

How sad if this is a suicide and his body wasn't found for that long! Gosh, just to lay there for years and not have anyone to mourn you or have closure.

But in any case, this story is a confirmation of what many of us have been saying. There are so many areas that are remote and untrodden yet close to town where a body could lay undisturbed for years. Why a vacant home in Crescent Bar? Squilchuck State park isn't even 5 miles out of town and this poor guy was there for years!

Can someone please tell me what page the brody pictures are on. I can't see any video or anything at work, then when I get home I can't remember where I was reading. Thank you in advance. I always think "oh I have to watch that" then I lose track of what I wanted to see. Just had another year older Birthday. Sorry. LOL.

I don't understand why there isn't any record on Mackenzie's cell phone of her communications with her killer, if indeed it was someone she knew/planned on meeting up with. I think I read Mackenzie was a huge texter. Wouldn't she have had to have called or texted whoever she was meeting up with?

smb

IIRC, LE reported the last text was "hey" to b/f & "hey" back but there has to be MORE so what's missing?

If there's not MORE (or a call between them) then could this be when she really went missing?

They don't have her cell but they do have the records so they def know more then they're saying.

So many Q's! :banghead:

Can someone please tell me what page the brody pictures are on. I can't see any video or anything at work, then when I get home I can't remember where I was reading. Thank you in advance. I always think "oh I have to watch that" then I lose track of what I wanted to see. Just had another year older Birthday. Sorry. LOL.

Look for post #553 on page 23 :)

Here's a link to girlfawkes' post about the brodie marks:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, missing 2/9/10, Orondo/Wenatchee

Hope that helps! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members