Kyron's General Discussion Thread for 2012-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all; It's been quite a while since I was on here. Please forgive my style, it may take me a bit to get warmed up and remember protocol and how to follow a thread.

With the new developments of Kyron's biological mother filing her law suit, I revisited my notes and thoughts on this situation and I would really like to offer this:

From the get go the authorities in that area have felt they conducted the best search they could. All legal avenues that we know of have been looked at and yet this case remains at a standstill and Kyron remains missing.

To that end, I submit that the authorities have tried their methods and it is time to look at something new.

Long ago the case of Staci Wilmoth caught my eye. I believe it would be well worth their while to take a good look at her case and how it would apply to Kyron's.

Just a thought.

Welcome back to posting IBsleuthin.

Hello all; It's been quite a while since I was on here. Please forgive my style, it may take me a bit to get warmed up and remember protocol and how to follow a thread.

With the new developments of Kyron's biological mother filing her law suit, I revisited my notes and thoughts on this situation and I would really like to offer this:

From the get go the authorities in that area have felt they conducted the best search they could. All legal avenues that we know of have been looked at and yet this case remains at a standstill and Kyron remains missing.

To that end, I submit that the authorities have tried their methods and it is time to look at something new.

Long ago the case of Staci Wilmoth caught my eye. I believe it would be well worth their while to take a good look at her case and how it would apply to Kyron's.

Just a thought.

Well there is one guy who was at the school on the 4th...
lives a couple miles from Sundial beach...
drives a white pick up...
and din't come forward until a week after the abduction...

Well there is one guy who was at the school on the 4th...
lives a couple miles from Sundial beach...
drives a white pick up...
and din't come forward until a week after the abduction...

I'm sorry, but who? Please help me out here. TIA

Just checking in here after not being on this thread for ages. Think about Kyron a lot. Terri always seemed hinky to me, but I have always thought a stranger abduction by a school employee was also highly likely. Would love to see him found.

I would like to know what it is that the police chief (I think) said would shock everyone, and the thing(s) that he said they wish they had never known. (this isn't verbatim, but is the jist of what was said that day.

Like all of us here, I'm extremely heartbroken that Kyron hasn't been found. W/o finding him, I think it's best to continue looking for leads to both a living and a deceased child. I appreciate the age progression photos, as they do give us an idea of what he possibly looks like now. I still do not know what to make of Terri's silence and her giving up her relationship with her precious little girl. Is it to protect herself, is it to protect her daughter? Did she arrange Kyron's abduction, did she lead SZ to him directly or indirectly? I simply do not understand. This frustrates me beyond anything.

I would like to know what it is that the police chief (I think) said would shock everyone, and the thing(s) that he said they wish they had never known. (this isn't verbatim, but is the jist of what was said that day.

I am glad you brought that up. In so many cases, but especially this one, LE puts out statements that have us on pins and needles waiting for the follow-up that never comes. I know that LE's priority is not and should not be to make accurate and authentic public statements. I trust that whatever they do say is done in good faith for the most part. But it is exasperating to be told things that never materialize, and nothing is ever mentioned about it again. In my dreams I'd just like to hear "we thought we knew XYZ but it turned out it was QRS and so we were wrong and we're sorry". I guess it is impossible to hold officials accountable in some way for things they say and claim, but it is unfortunate that it results in undermining public confidence.

I am glad you brought that up. In so many cases, but especially this one, LE puts out statements that have us on pins and needles waiting for the follow-up that never comes. I know that LE's priority is not and should not be to make accurate and authentic public statements. I trust that whatever they do say is done in good faith for the most part. But it is exasperating to be told things that never materialize, and nothing is ever mentioned about it again. In my dreams I'd just like to hear "we thought we knew XYZ but it turned out it was QRS and so we were wrong and we're sorry". I guess it is impossible to hold officials accountable in some way for things they say and claim, but it is unfortunate that it results in undermining public confidence.

Why do you think their statement about the evidence they were examining was not accurate and authentic?

Why do you think their statement about the evidence they were examining was not accurate and authentic?

What I mean is that I understand and accept to a degree that LE does not owe me or the public a full and accurate accounting of what they think, what they have, and what they know. I am just frustrated that public statements that I truly believe were made in good faith, were just left hanging out there with no follow-up or explanation. Early on, within the first few days, I believe it was the sherriff who said he expected to wrap this case up within a week. I tried to find a link to that news item but omg that is a hard search to do! Then the statements about learning things they wish they had never found out, with no explanation, had me speculating wildly and hoping it would be clarified to make sense for us. But that did not happen either.

I can only imagine how hard it is to be thrust into the spotlight by a case that breaks your heart, and I sympathize with the officials that have to be expert investigators AND excellent communicators and PR folks. You can't win unless skill and luck form the perfect union and the case is resolved quickly and in a positive way. Otherwise you have yokels like me complaining about what you said and didn't say. I'm just venting here, but I am 20 degrees of separation from the true heartbreak and misery in this case that Kyron's family and friends live with every day. And I count the investigators in that as well. I am sure some of them carry a hurt like no other that they have not been able to find Kyron and bring him home.

Early on, within the first few days, I believe it was the sherriff who said he expected to wrap this case up within a week. I tried to find a link to that news item but omg that is a hard search to do! Then the statements about learning things they wish they had never found out, with no explanation, had me speculating wildly and hoping it would be clarified to make sense for us. But that did not happen either.

respectfully snipped.

I know that in interrogations, the investigators are perfectly within their rights to lie to suspects. Isn't it possible that LE was sharing something in order to try to deliberately get someone to come forward? If they pretended to have lots of information, perhaps that would get someone talking.

Of course it's extremely likely that they actually did find shocking unpleasant evidence or at least circumstantial evidence. I've always assumed that his comments were connected to the awful emails Desiree spoke of. That kind of hate language would have shocked us early in the case, but it probably wouldn't shock us now.

I believe they found evidence of a pedo ring, or human trafficking, but that's just my opinion.

My best friend who moved to Portland a year or so ago tells me that SHE isn't interested in all the sleeze that goes on around there. I'm afriad her attitude is the one that permeates most of the good, and upright people in that area. Yet, sleeze goes on, and seemingly, no one cares.

Sad - sad commentary on human nature. Didn't ostrichs get on an endangered list that way?

It is my own opinion that he was referring to the sexting and photo exchanges that were going on between Teri and the landscaper. I know if I had had to read that nastiness or see those photos I would certainly consider it stuff I wish I didn't know or have to know or see.

I could be completely wrong, but that is how I took that statement as it was made at the same time as the news was breaking that this landscaper was purportedly approached to kill Mr. Horman and all the news came out about the sexting etc. So in my mind, I tied the statement to that lead.

A pending Horman divorce proceeding also this week was delayed until Nov. 23 of this year for any future hearings

I'm convinced that Terri could be arrested tomorrow, and it wouldn't go to trial until 2020.

Kaine Horman's restraining order against his wife is renewed for another year
Published: Thursday, June 28, 2012, 5:05 PM

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2012/06/kaine_hormans_restraining_orde.html

Once again Terri's refusal to fight for her daughter speaks volumes. It says a lot that she's still isn't contesting Kaine's restraining order requests. And she has willingly set aside the divorce for another 6 months, which guarantees another of her daughter's birthdays will pass this fall without her.

WOW..... I just watched Judge Judy....
and the wife talked of a secret club that rides nude on bicycles in Portland, Oregon.... (nearly 1,000) The husband admitted to it , and said it was part of his being........ :) To each there own I guess........ :

WOW..... I just watched Judge Judy....
and the wife talked of a secret club that rides nude on bicycles in Portland, Oregon.... (nearly 1,000) The husband admitted to it , and said it was part of his being........ :) To each there own I guess........ :

I don't know about it being secret? It's well known around these parts. In fact, while the hunt was on for Kyron, we heard LE discussing it on the scanner. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member