Analysis of Casey's Clothes and Body Language

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that her body lang. is scary. Even if she was innocent(doubtful) She show no sadness or remorse there no sadness in her eyes. I just kept staring at her picture thinking what did you do. how can you be so cold when they are talking about your dead little girl. When they mention the crime scene no reaction. I hoping she just crack
and break down. I think that LE is hoping this too.

What Casey looks like in court does not affect what I think of her, or how I would act/think on that jury.
However, I dont think they did a great job with her look. The suit and bun thing is too severe for her. She is a young woman and shouldn't look so matronly. You can look respectful and still look your age, IMO. It's too far from the minidress/flip-flop look that we know she likes. It was just too fake for my taste. As someone said, I thought she looked softer and more vulnerable in her jail scrubs.

Casey's Presentation: Does it matter? Is it circumstantial evidence?

I first stumbled on a NG show in the summer when they were showing the Party Pictures. This intrigued me. How could this be? I studied those pictures wondering if they were just about a normal 22 yr. old out at a club without a care in the world, who had left her child with a trusted babysitter.

Then, the facts came tumbling out. I, among many were shocked. Then the lies. How could this be a grieving mother?

I couldn't believe her lawyer didn't reign in her Missing Caylee T-shirt tied up at the waist, her eye make-up and her strut back in August...was this the public image he wanted of her...so what's with the bun now?

I think the inconsistencies with her looks and appearance, her lies, her behaviors and actitivities that so contrast with that of a truly grieving, unjustly accused mother add up to circumstantial evidence that gives credence, along with all the other evidence, to LA's theory that she is guilty of murder.
the tie up missing Caylee shirt got me too. She still needed to be in fashion. My daughter tie her t-shirts like that. :mad:

What Casey looks like in court does not affect what I think of her, or how I would act/think on that jury.
However, I dont think they did a great job with her look. The suit and bun thing is too severe for her. She is a young woman and shouldn't look so matronly. You can look respectful and still look your age, IMO. It's too far from the minidress/flip-flop look that we know she likes. It was just too fake for my taste. As someone said, I thought she looked softer and more vulnerable in her jail scrubs.

I wish everyone was like that and did not take a person's appearance into consideration... just looks at the facts that the prosecution presents. Unfortunately, though, some people allow their eyes to influence their brain when it comes to judgement. (though, a visual aspect can be good in the fact that one can take into account a perps demeanor during a trial. If Casey keeps up with what she did yesterday, her demeanor will help nail her coffin shut)

She did look far more vulnerable in her jail scrubs, but many a defense attorney will argue that jail attire visually equates to guilt, thus they don't want their client seen in them during hearings.

While I don't care what the witch wears.....I think one of the biggest reasons this is so "newsworthy" is because she is supposed to be wearing her prison garb until the actual trial. JB tried to keep her out of the courtroom citing the media circus that surrounds her every move. Judge Strickland required that she be there and apparently made an exception to allow her to wear street clothes. There was discussion of this on the Rumors thread. Now my question is......who was she looking and smiling at in the courtroom? There are a number of still photos that show her looking to her left ( near the door she comes inthrough) and grinning ear to ear. She wasn't grinning at LKB, so who was it??

My impression of KC in court Friday is she is growing up, something she should have done when she had Caylee. I remember when my daughter came to me at 17 and told me she was pregnant. I told her that it was time to grow up...I agree that reality is setting in with her, I think she is beginning to realize that she is on her own, that Mommy and Daddy are not going to get her out of this. She has alot more hard lessons down the road. I can still see her complaining about the suit she was wearing, I think it was the first time that her butt was actually covered..

While I don't care what the witch wears.....I think one of the biggest reasons this is so "newsworthy" is because she is supposed to be wearing her prison garb until the actual trial. JB tried to keep her out of the courtroom citing the media circus that surrounds her every move. Judge Strickland required that she be there and apparently made an exception to allow her to wear street clothes. There was discussion of this on the Rumors thread. Now my question is......who was she looking and smiling at in the courtroom? There are a number of still photos that show her looking to her left ( near the door she comes inthrough) and grinning ear to ear. She wasn't grinning at LKB, so who was it??
I wonder too who she was smiles at ??? but talking heads said it was her lawyers.

The hungry like a wolf where Diane is bobbing to the song really happen, I follow the diane downs case from beginning. Her Father now has a web site try to prove she is innocent.

If Casey started to start bobbing to a song in the courtroom. Cindy will unglue
and go for neck again.

Dressing a person for a court appearance is almost like an art-form, because it's all part of building a mask of sorts by the defense, as they try to put into play a disguise to help get their client off. Humans (with sight) tend to be visually influenced and the courtroom is no exception... so it is understandable that what she wears will be scrutinized, be it by the general public or media. This kind of stands true for witnesses, as well... some jurors do take appearances into account when deciding a witness' credibility.

I wouldn't be surprised that by the time the trial starts, we will have seen Casey's neckline rise higher, the clothes looking more loose and frumpy, and her eyebrows less coifed. She has the matronly hair down pat, but I can see that changing some, because the severity of how it was pulled back in the front gave her a hard look to her face... so I predict we will see a more loose version of the bun hair style. It's all about creating a mask... and truly is a part of a court appearance... and worth discussing.

I agree Elphaba, I had posted something like this earlier in the thread. Yes, it is worth discussing because presentation of a client is one of the important parts of defense of the client. Whether or not we all agree that it would influence us if we were on a jury. I would like to think it wouldn't influence me, but I haven't sat on a jury so I don't know if it would or wouldn't.

They really need to have someone working with KC, because I watched her during her hearing yesterday and then I muted the sound and watched her a few more times.

Her facial expressions, body language, and the incident where she playfully tapped her attorneys pen and then shook her head while suppressing a smile would not have played well if she were in the trial phase of this case.

I couldn't see LKB's reaction to this playful incident, or if she had one because I'm sure she has her poker face as an attorney and wouldn't let it slip while seated at a defense table.

I can't imagine that LKB wouldn't have something to say to the lead counsel on that playful interlude. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when she brought that matter on the carpet before lead counsel.

I have a feeling we will see a slow yet considerable change in KC's appearence as we move towards the trial phase. It will be interesting to watch, in my opinion.

When i watched her yesterday to me.. I think she just doesnt really think about or listen to what they are saying.. I think she is good at zoning herself out to a differant place in her mind.. that she disassociates herself with what is going on..
It reminded me of scarlett at the end of gone with the wind..
she will think about it another day....

Dressing a person for a court appearance is almost like an art-form, because it's all part of building a mask of sorts by the defense, as they try to put into play a disguise to help get their client off. Humans (with sight) tend to be visually influenced and the courtroom is no exception... so it is understandable that what she wears will be scrutinized, be it by the general public or media. This kind of stands true for witnesses, as well... some jurors do take appearances into account when deciding a witness' credibility.

I wouldn't be surprised that by the time the trial starts, we will have seen Casey's neckline rise higher, the clothes looking more loose and frumpy, and her eyebrows less coifed. She has the matronly hair down pat, but I can see that changing some, because the severity of how it was pulled back in the front gave her a hard look to her face... so I predict we will see a more loose version of the bun hair style. It's all about creating a mask... and truly is a part of a court appearance... and worth discussing.
It certainly is a mask, Elphaba, and the courtroom itself is a stage designed to give visual cues to the jurors (the audience) observing from their box seats. As in theatre and religious ceremonies (the first theatre), the spatial arrangement, the protocol, and the wardrobe are integral parts of the ritual that occurs at trial. It's an interesting topic of discussion for those who like to study trials.

It certainly is a mask, Elphaba, and the courtroom itself is a stage designed to give visual cues to the jurors (the audience) observing from their box seats. As in theatre and religious ceremonies (the first theatre), the spatial arrangement, the protocol, and the wardrobe are integral parts of the ritual that occurs at trial. It's an interesting topic of discussion for those who like to study trials.

Yes bessie, I agree and I will be interested to see not only how she is presented at trial but the colors they choose for her to wear. Her wardrobe is important, style and color. It is very much like theater and I am glad you brought that up.

I think that there is the possibility that the pictures may not make it to trial, certainly the defense will try to keep them out. I can't help but wonder if the prosecution will argue that the pictures not only represent KC's state of mind following Caylee's disappearance, they may also use them to actually account for her time. From what I understand they are date/time stamped, suppose that LE/Prosecution has created a timeline for x, y, and z days using cell phone records(pings), stores/banks video surveillance tapes, etc,...and the time stamped photos are used to fill in a piece of the timeline by showing the date and time of her whereabouts. Maybe the prosecution would have to establish that it's directly linked to the day or days that she committed a crime, i.e, purchased a new comforter to replace missing one,... first, it will be interesting to see.

Forgot to add: I was wondering if she may have had a bullet-proof vest on under the jacket because I noticed "puffiness" on each shoulder which at first I thought was just shoulder pads from the blazer but when I looked closer it looked like a vest...??

MOO

You know, I noticed that too...I could see something dark peeking out from beneath the jacket. I thought maybe it was just a tank. I thought it was weird that if you are going to go to the trouble of putting on a business like jacket, why not go the whole way an add a blouse? The jacket seemed very ill-fitting and she appeared way more bustier than normal. Something didn't seem right.

My impression of KC in court Friday is she is growing up, something she should have done when she had Caylee. I remember when my daughter came to me at 17 and told me she was pregnant. I told her that it was time to grow up...I agree that reality is setting in with her, I think she is beginning to realize that she is on her own, that Mommy and Daddy are not going to get her out of this. She has alot more hard lessons down the road. I can still see her complaining about the suit she was wearing, I think it was the first time that her butt was actually covered..

I agree, one of the reports I read said with out make up she looks young. I don't think so, if we look at the pictures of her taken last spring (the party at the Oviado House comes to mind) it's hard to believe this is the same girl. Her skin has taken on prison pallor, her hair no longer has that shine.

I still don't think she get's "it" though. The smiles and the giggles don't make me think of a parent in court over the suspicious (understatement) death of her baby. I can't put my finger on where exactly she thinks she is, maybe it's all a part in a play to her. But certainly not someone fighting for her life and her freedom. And not someone whose baby's remains are sitting in a box unable to be properly inurned.

You know, I noticed that too...I could see something dark peeking out from beneath the jacket. I thought maybe it was just a tank. I thought it was weird that if you are going to go to the trouble of putting on a business like jacket, why not go the whole way an add a blouse? The jacket seemed very ill-fitting and she appeared way more bustier than normal. Something didn't seem right.

That is something I did not consider pattymarie. Now I will have to go back and review again her motions hearing.

As far as looking more busty, I think she needs a better foundation under her clothes than the sports bra she is wearing from the prison. I would assume that will be brought to her at a later date, when she is dressing for the trial.

We really NEED someone who can READ HER LIPS!

The female defense attorney is shielding her face from camera with her hair--pretty cagey.

The laughter from KC after talking with the attorney to her side, IMO, probably is giggling about setting off the reaction she is about to get from the media, public, about her radical change in appearance for the courtroom.

Can anyone on websleuths read lips, such as someone who cannot hear and relies upon this method, or an interpretor? Sincere.

First impressions mean alot---whether it is a job interview,a first meeting,or a courtroom,I must get a little snarky and say that I hope LKB,is not advising her,when it comes to appearance impressions,as I would love to pull her hair back in a bun!That being said,I do think KC's behavior needs an up grade,and I will once again voice my concerns about the control issues JB,seems to have over her. Perps of DV exhibit some of these very behaviors,and I realize that these people are not usually on trial for murder,but I feel that if JB has to be in such control over what KC says and does,because he is afraid of what she may say,without his permission,that this speaks alot to her guilt in this case.

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Dress-for-Court&id=188367

(snip)
Since that time, I have let my clients know that they should dress nicely for court, further describing the clothing as "church" wear. These clients have thanked me for informing them about how to appear in court.
If my clients do not have and cannot afford such attire, I even loan them some of my clothes or take them shopping. This has had a tremendous effect on my clients, and some of them had told me that this helps them tremendously, as they now no longer worry about "looking stupid" in court.
In conclusion, if you are about to attend a court hearing, even though you are not there as part of a fashion show or to be criticized in any way for your apparel, clothes really do make the man. Or the woman.

Thank you guys for bringing back the body language thread--sorry I didn't see it at first!

We need someone to READ HER LIPS, someone either who is deaf and has a well-refined sense of this, or maybe an interpreter.

As I said in Presentation thread, I think she is giggling to her female attorney about the upcoming onslaught of media/public opinion concerning her "cleaned up" appearance. The female attorney is hiding her face with her hair, I believe, in order to cover what she is saying to KC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get