MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning !!!!!!!!

According to this article the guns were in plain sight during a search of the house, but the charges say from Jan 14th, 14 CCW charge, so is this a double violation from the welfare fraud conviction? Will she be denied bond? This has me more confused than I normally am.:waitasec:

http://www.newsms.fm/finding-myra-lewis-sheriff-gonna-follow-every-lead/

What it means the way I understand is that she violated her probation. She was charged with and convicted of felony welfare fraud and got probation. I just spoke with my mom who had various positions with MS DHS ( county & state) for nearly 30 years, including food stamp eligibility, county social worker,& fraud investigator. Of course, she has been retired for the last 12 years or so. She says the most common charges of felony welfare fraud come from unreported income for the household. Also, if there is another wage-earning adult in the home that is unreported, this constitutes fraud. Those are the first things that came to her mind. In her opinion, being a felony means the fraud met a certain $$ amount but since she only got probation it might have been on the lower end of the spectrum of that amount. Just her own speculation, of course.

We discussed the possibilities of what might have happened to Myra. Some of those I'm not sure I can go into here due to TOS. What I think I can say is that the element of dishonesty is a known fact due to the welfare fraud conviction. Not in any way convicting of a more serious crime, but still present. IF something happened at the home between family members, then there was already a sense of fear of getting into further trouble, in other words, someone going to jail. This could, hypothetically, cause someone to hide the truth.

She also added that the door-to-door searches, the stopping of cars on Saturday, together with the fact that LE is yet again searching the surrounding woods, leads her to think they have not ruled out some involvement of someone else in the community. The searching has not been only at the home. She reminded me of how private and secretive a community such as that can be at a time like this. These are opinions only and I hope I've stayed within the rules.

One thing that has not been mentioned. If there is as much as a dead armadillo unburied, there will be 15 buzzards circling within 24 hours.

The TX body farm did a study a few years back and the vultures took 37 days to find that particular body. After finding it...it was quick work. Results are showing that skeletal remains might not be as old as previously thought due to scavenger activity.

Sorry. I've looked & looked but can't find it. Will someone please provide a link where it was reported that someone said Myra went with her mommy. TIA

Perrise Thomas WJTV ‏@Perrise_Thomas 14m
Tweet 1/2: Two Madison County deputy patrol cars are posted on Mount pilgrim rd. near the home of missing two year old, Myra Lewis.

Perrise Thomas WJTV ‏@Perrise_Thomas 13m
Tweet 2/2: I'm told the deputies are "monitoring traffic" and are not searching for Myra Lewis at this hour.

https://twitter.com/Perrise_Thomas

I'm afraid to watch that presser so I'll be reading along here :( tia

How does the bond work there? Is it 10% or a portion of the 5k?

10% plus fee bonding company charges.

:seeya: everyone. Catching up and checking in. Have been away from forum all weekend but have followed on local news and caught up on thread this morning. Low bond for mom so not sure they think she's involved with Myra missing. Anxiously awaiting press conference...

I think I do not want to know what's going to happen at the presser.....

Awaiting new info *holds breath*

Also, fingers crossed for GOOD NEWS!

10% plus fee bonding company charges.

:seeya: everyone. Catching up and checking in. Have been away from forum all weekend but have followed on local news and caught up on thread this morning. Low bond for mom so not sure they think she's involved with Myra missing. Anxiously awaiting press conference...

Every article I read this weekend stressed that she was arrested for a completely separate incident and it has nothing to do with Myra's disappearance. However, with that being said, they did not blatantly state that they don't think she had anything to do with it.

FBI announces new press conference on Myra Lewis case
The Madison Co. Sheriff's Office and the FBI will be hosting a press conference today, Monday March 10, in regards to the Myra Lewis investigation.

The press conference will be given by Special Agent in Charge Dan McMullen and Madison Co. Sheriff Randy Tucker at 3 pm at the Madison Co. Sheriff's Office.

Our reporter, Courtney Ann Jackson, is in the area where the toddler disappeared and she tells us that there is currently no active search going on at Mt. Pilgrim Road

http://www.msnewsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=24926090

Every article I read this weekend stressed that she was arrested for a completely separate incident and it has nothing to do with Myra's disappearance. However, with that being said, they did not blatantly state that they don't think she had anything to do with it.

True that. But since bond was set this morning and she could technically bond out within the hour, any pressure applied (if that was the intention) over the weekend certainly didn't implicate herself. With this new press conference today with the FBI and sheriff dept. just had one yesterday, makes me think something is up.

When the state takes your children, do they bring a court order with reasons? Or do they knock and take??

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/2492...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

During the conference Sheriff Tucker commented on rumors that he himself had heard about little Myra being run over.
Tucker said a brown SUV was taken from the Lewis home on Friday and the vehicle was processed, but there was no blood found.

Ericka Lewis, the mother of little Myra, was arrested Friday.

"You know it's unfortunate the timing of it, you know I won't get into too much detail with the arrest, but she is not charged with anything related to the child at this point," Tucker added.

<snip>

Lewis has posted bail and a release order has been sent. We do not know yet if she has been released.

Morning !!!!!!!!

According to this article the guns were in plain sight during a search of the house, but the charges say from Jan 14th, 14 CCW charge, so is this a double violation from the welfare fraud conviction? Will she be denied bond? This has me more confused than I normally am.:waitasec:

http://www.newsms.fm/finding-myra-lewis-sheriff-gonna-follow-every-lead/

In plain sight! Really?! That leads me to believe they were also in plain sight of the children as well.

“I’m sure you guys hear the speculation on the street,” he said. “One of the scenarios was that Myra had possibly been run over by that vehicle. It will be tested by technicians for the presence of anything. If not, it’ll be returned. But, it’s just another lead that we’re following up on.” - See more at: http://www.newsms.fm/finding-myra-lewis-sheriff-gonna-follow-every-lead/#sthash.uWrGEzx7.dpuf

And now I'm confused. I thought earlier LE stated there was no blood found on or in the SUV? Yet this article is dated today and says technicians will be testing the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member