NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be sick all over again.

What Country Song are You?
Elesa took the What Country Song are You? quiz and the result is "Your Gonna Miss This" By Trace Adkins
You are all about your kids, You Couldn't think about anything else but them. Thats so sweet. But you got to realize that some day they are gonna be gone and all you will have are the memories of when they are little. So enjoy your time now.

Elisa comments - she knew this already

Oh yeah Elisa, you are all about the children how sickening.

Good grief :innocent: if she isn't playing a Victim or a know it all Physiologist shes Mother Teresa.

Not if he was out of the country - he would not get those benefits. Maybe the stimulus check, I believe some ex pats did get based on their tax returns, but not disability payments etc.
Even if he was just on a visitor's visa? How long do those go for? What if he had said him and Zahra were coming here for some type of treatment for her?

Not if he was out of the country - he would not get those benefits. Maybe the stimulus check, I believe some ex pats did get based on their tax returns, but not disability payments etc.

Thanks Darnudes, I wasn't entirely sure.

Argh, I wish the Dad had of been selfish and just left Zahra behind in Australia with her Grandparents. I guess he was in luuuurve and desperately wanted a Mum for his daughter.

If he kept that bank account in Australia and came here - would the authorities know he's left the country? Do they interface with the agency that issues visas and passports?

Another thing is that this tree trimming job - boss says that dad has worked there for the past 6 months. Ok, they've been here around 2 years IIRC yet we've heard nothing about where he worked previous - just that for a short while they lived with her father who kicked them out for not paying the bills.

Immigration/Customs and Centrelink "talk" to each other, so it may not have been found out right away if he didn't notify them but they would have discovered it eventually. When you leave the country you fill out an immigration/customs slip that is checked to your passport details when go through customs on departure at the airport.

Saying all that he may very well have tried to defraud the Gov, if that's the case I hope they get him on that as well.

Funny you mention that. My mother has just gone to the UK on a trip - by law she had to advise Centrelink (she gets the pension as over 65) of the dates she was leaving and returning to the country. If she was going overseas over the allowed time they would cut her benefit off until she returned. The Australia government is not going to be paying benefits to anyone if they are not in the country. The laws have just recently been tightened up to stop people ripping off the system.

I wonder if children could be an exception though, especially children with disabilities.

LW who is a friend of Elesa's did this 13 hours ago

L just got a Wood Chipper from her Crime Spree!
L was helped by [TBA] [MMWF] [AP][MMA]... and looted a Wood Chipper on her Crime Spree. Her Respect Meter is now at 30%.
Mafia Wars Game

Is this some sort of sick joke?

Yeahhhhh... I saw that too. I think that's a very major coincidence MAYBE. I don't play mafia wars, but I think you don't know what you are winning before... correct me if I'm wrong please! lol

Thanks Darnudes, I wasn't entirely sure.

Argh, I wish the Dad had of been selfish and just left Zahra behind in Australia with her Grandparents. I guess he was in luuuurve and desperately wanted a Mum for his daughter.
I don't understand that either. I wonder how grandma really felt about him leaving with Zahra? Did she try to get him to leave her with them? That poor woman must be so heartbroken.

I feel so bad for Zahra, the only family she truly had in the States was her Father and he failed her miserably. I am sick to death of people hurting the children, my heart hurts.

(((hugs))) I know how you feel. :(

Aaron Young is Elisa Baker's ex-husband. He is the father (stepfather?) of Elisa's daughter Brittany, according to his postings on newspaper pages. According to his facebook page, he is engaged to a woman with initials KR. Both AY and KR have pictures of Zahra as their profile pictures.

Way back on first thread or so EB's ex AY was posting comments on CNN I believe, this can be verified, the comments at least. Anyway, just an aside if you read them, paying attention to language, syntax ect., he honestly sounded as if he were Australian. I thought at the time, that this is really dad pretending to be the ex, or this is ex AY who must be Aussy. The language was in no way what we use here, I am from the South, I know and understand alot of accents and language use, this was not typical is all I'm saying of Southern American use. Reminded me of Australian or Great Britton English. FWIW. ( I also spent 15 yrs in Boston so I'm aware of those accents in the N.E.). Meant to post this way back when but was'nt registered.

any word on any type of press conference soon? Locals? Hearing anything?

I've read several things that indicate that AB was close with his family back in Australia. He and Zhara lived with his mother and she seemed to think there was no way he'd ever harm Zhara.

This morning an Australian posted on WS's, that knows his mother, and said his mother never gave an interview. It was made up by the reporter.

I can't fathom taking a child with a history of cancer from her home, family, doctor & resources, to a country where they're living on the edge. He obvously isn't a skilled worker or he wouldn't be shoving wood through a wood chipper for a living.

Let's say his mother did say that he'd never harm Zahra. Well to allow someone else to harm her & beat her falls in which category? The sin of omission?

Even if he was just on a visitor's visa? How long do those go for? What if he had said him and Zahra were coming here for some type of treatment for her?

Hmm, your stretching my knowledge now. Say he was receiving some sort of payment from Centrelink (SS) and I can't imagine what that would be other than unemployment (doubtful he had a job at the sugar cane place) or a carers allowance (more likely) then he would have to notify Centrelink on departure, even if he was only going to the States for a two week holiday. For any international departure of any duration you must notifiy Centrelink.

All Australians passport-holders are eligible to travel to the United States under the Visitor Waiver Program in which you are allowed to stay for 90 days.

He may well be in the US under a tourist visa and could be an illegal alien along with Zahra.

If I was LE I would be checking on that - nothing would surprise me. I don't know how you would get around the checks from Zahra's schools but I guess it could be done.

I wonder if children could be an exception though, especially children with disabilities.

No exception as Zahra (herself) would not be getting any benefits the father would be and the only benefit I think he would be eligible for is a carers allowance, which is actually not that much. However, if he was getting this I wouldn't put it past that couple to try to keep getting it.

It is possible he spun some sort of story to Centrelink but I don't think they would still be buying it two plus years later and paying out that benefit.

hhhmmmmmmm now ya got me wondering about those passports found in the Tahoe. Maybe those passports were theirs but under alias names? Maybe that's how they got in and still gave them the benefits from Australia?

Its obvious they were scammers (albeit not very good ones). Would love to know what LE has found as far as background on all this!

Here is a link to all SM's Aliases

Alisa F Allred
Alisa Baker
Alisa Annette Baker
Annette F Elisa
Elisa Fairchild
Elisa A Fairchild
Elisa Annette Fairchild
Elisa H Fairchild
Elisa Fairch Haris
Elisa Harris
Elisa A Harris
Elisa Annette Harris
Elisa F Harris
Elisa A Proctor

I guess Elesa Baker and Elesa Annette Baker are newer names she goes by!

http://www.ussearch.com/consumer/people-search/names/nc+granite+falls/elesa/young.html#

This morning an Australian posted on WS's, that knows his mother, and said his mother never gave an interview. It was made up by the reporter.

I think what was meant by that comment was that she hadn't given an interview since Zahra's disappearance, and that the quotes from her were taken from a previously published interview with her, back when the Australian media was covering Zahra's battles with cancer. I don't think the reporter actually "made up" quotes from the grandmother -- just used old quotes in a new article.

Here is a link to all SM's Aliases

Alisa F Allred
Alisa Baker
Alisa Annette Baker
Annette F Elisa
Elisa Fairchild
Elisa A Fairchild
Elisa Annette Fairchild
Elisa H Fairchild
Elisa Fairch Haris
Elisa Harris
Elisa A Harris
Elisa Annette Harris
Elisa F Harris
Elisa A Proctor

I guess Elesa Baker and Elesa Annette Baker are newer names she goes by!

http://www.ussearch.com/consumer/people-search/names/nc+granite+falls/elesa/young.html#

Seriously? Is that really all her? I am shocked.

If he kept that bank account in Australia and came here - would the authorities know he's left the country? Do they interface with the agency that issues visas and passports?

Another thing is that this tree trimming job - boss says that dad has worked there for the past 6 months. Ok, they've been here around 2 years IIRC yet we've heard nothing about where he worked previous - just that for a short while they lived with her father who kicked them out for not paying the bills.

Wonder if he got a check at his mothers?

I don't understand that either. I wonder how grandma really felt about him leaving with Zahra? Did she try to get him to leave her with them? That poor woman must be so heartbroken.

I, too, think the grandmother must be heartbroken. IMO, Zahra's Dad made a selfish decision to move that little girl away from her main network when she was struggling with illness so much of the time. Moving, and moving, sticking her with somebody that sounds like a witch from nightmares - how could he really care that much about Zahra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288