2010.05.10 - Casey Anthony Motions Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the repeat coverage of the trial on InSession and she passed the note/envelope just prior to JB spouting off about people holding signs on street corners and just before Judge P interupted him.. If it were to be given to JB... WHY did the guard kind of hide it in her pocket??? Something seems fishy to me....

2.jpg

note.jpg

I wish I had gotten up earlier to watch this. I am a bit late weighing in on this ; ;

I just wanted to comment on a few things earlier said in the thread about Jose's media appearances. He absolutely ran the gamut on every outlet of the media circuit (circus!)
And therein lies the irony in displaying this media video of "public opinion" in open court. That irony was well reflected in Judge Strickland's motion recusing himself. I really don't think Mr. Jose Baez is a media hound to be honest. I think his inexperience as a lawyer in high profile cases lead him to think that he needed to balance the media coverage. I believe he thought if he could put just as much out there supporting Casey Anthony, that he was in some way actually preserving the potential of a jury to be unbiased. Of course, that backfired. And much of what he said on television about the case has provided fodder for months, and only fueled the fire of the public's anger in this case (quite justified I might add.)

I just wanted to add that thought:) And as usual, I state that I am wrong alot, and could certainly be mistaken again. I know Mr. Baez has certainly given the impression that he wants to use this case to increase his coffers, or to use this notoriety as a launching pad for a more lucrative career. I'm sure those two reasons play some part in his media campaign, but I think his media mistakes are more likely due to inexperience.
I've thought this too sometimes. Other times, I just think he's not that bright, but you're reasoning is closer to reality, imo.

I noticed at the hearing, that the paralegal left the room and came back in several times, and spent most of the hearing sitting back in the benches instead of up by the defense table. Thought it was odd... I missed the note-passing though.

Something was going on there, just not sure what. :waitasec:

If anyone missed it it is here http://www.wftv.com/video/23506764/index.html at the 12:17 mark

I just watched the repeat coverage of the trial on InSession and she passed the note/envelope just prior to JB spouting off about people holding signs on street corners and just before Judge P interupted him.. If it were to be given to JB... WHY did the guard kind of hide it in her pocket??? Something seems fishy to me....

Yup... it's right after Baez not so subtly compares himself to Atticus finch. :rolleyes:

It's shown very clearly beginning at @ the 12:00 mark in Part one of the video from WFTV.

Yup... it's right after Baez not so subtly compares himself to Atticus finch. :rolleyes:

It's shown very clearly beginning at @ the 12:00 mark in Part one of the video from WFTV.
Can't even imagine how Judge Perry managed to keep a straight face there.

Could the note passed to the guard have been letter from George and/or Cindy?

I don't think so. I definitely saw the assistant writing on the piece of paper before she passed it to the guard.

Sure - NOW Casey is trying to make a connection! After a couple of hearings with Judge Perry telling the court this is a murder trial with a DP and should the defendant be found guilty....etc. etc. - NOW Casey wants to stay on the good side of her parents. Please mommy and daddy don't say anything bad about me in the court!

I'm guessing she was instructed to by her lawyers, against her will.

OMG! What can be done about this?

Probably not a darn thing.. I suppose we could try bringing it to the media's attention or maybe try getting it to the State Team and let them go after the defense team.. NOW THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING TO SEE !!!!

Kathi......Kathi Belich.......are you reading Kathi?????????

I think it might have been a note regarding a phone call....I posted screen caps on the note thread [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104343"]2010.05.10 - Paralegal passes note to female corrections officer at Casey's hearing - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

She also motioned phone call with her hand to someone near the court reporter as she was stuffing it in her pocket.

Maybe it was a note from Cindy and George asking if they could see ICA before she went back to PC?

I am just now being able to watch the recording of this mornings hearings. I know it was mentioned by several posters that GA was wearing a security uniform so at least one of them is working, but I think he has on an Orlando Magic shirt. Lol! Someone help me with this one because I think that is what it is! At the 30:30 mark on part 1 of the hearing.

It's like you're talking about a hearing that took place today in another universe, imo.

ETA, notthatsmart, I refer you to this post, especially the last paragraph: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2010.05.10 - Casey Anthony Motions Hearing and perhaps watch the vids of today's hearing and listen to Judge Perry schooling Baez on the rules of discovery.

That link provided is comparing apples to oranges. I was speaking of bench notes. I listened to the Judge and heard loud and clear. These things are now finally going to be looked at by line item. A win for the defense. IMO

Just a thought, Judge Perry coming in really takes the energy in the room back to where it should be, there is a little girl that deserves justice and this is not a circus for the defense team to show their clever skills at. IMO, no offense to Judge Stickland, because I feel he was doing what he thought was fair, things just got out of control and these big shot defense attorneys took advantage of JS's fairness, because they are sleezy like that....thank God things are in an accelerated pace now and JB and team are put in check. Caylee deserves justice and this should not be forgotten! :gavel:
:angel:

Watching JB in practice grates on my nerves, and I am nowhere near being an attorney.

However, I do have some concerns. It seems like his strategy is working at least a little bit. He files motions asking for evidence, a lot of these seem to be asking for evidence he is not entitled to, or asking the wrong agency for, and he is seemingly leaving the impression with at least a few by these motions that the state is withholding evidence from the defense.

From what we saw today I think Judge Perry will set him straight on that approach. That is wasting the Court's time, whining because you are asking information that is not covered by Discovery rules.

Well looky who gave a ten minute interview after court! Why, it's the one and same who keeps harping on all the media coverage. Go figure, huh?

Notice Marinade Dave in the background. Reminds me of 'Where's Waldo' how he pops up everywhere.

http://www.wftv.com/video/23507127/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member