Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Old 03-06-2014, 01:39 AM

So going on one week and still no autopsy report. Police many times release the results of an autopsy pending toxicology results, so I don't believe that is the hold-up as was posted above.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoods View Post
So going on one week and still no autopsy report. Police many times release the results of an autopsy pending toxicology results, so I don't believe that is the hold-up as was posted above.
Is the Houston coroner often backed up? Do you think they haven't completed the autopsy yet or do you think they're withholding information purposefully?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ohhieliz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2014, 12:41 PM

I believe it could be good news or bad news since the autopsy has not been released. IMO LE does not release autopsy results when they suspect foul play or an investigation is on going. I believe if the manner of death was ruled an accident they would have released that by now. Have they had Antonio's funeral as yet?
JMO's
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jggordo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2014, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jggordo View Post
I believe it could be good news or bad news since the autopsy has not been released. IMO LE does not release autopsy results when they suspect foul play or an investigation is on going. I believe if the manner of death was ruled an accident they would have released that by now. Have they had Antonio's funeral as yet?
JMO's
BBM I tend to agree with you on this. And as far as I know there has been no funeral for Antonio yet, since the body has not been released. I do know the family held a benefit to raise money for funeral expenses by selling Bar-b-Q at $7 a plate.

From article:
Friends are hosting a benefit on Sunday to help the family pay for his funeral costs. It will start at noon at Stephanie’s Ice House on 5434 Lawndale St. in Houston.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Famil...248097461.html

This makes me sad for some reason. You don't see the family starting a "please give me money" type website, they are just holding a simple Bar-B-Q trying to raise a little bit of money to bury their son.

I really hope they get some answers soon.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhieliz View Post
Is the Houston coroner often backed up? Do you think they haven't completed the autopsy yet or do you think they're withholding information purposefully?
I don't see how they could not have completed the autopsy by now, I'll bet it was done the next day. My very uninformed guess would be that they must be purposefully withholding information, ohhieliz. What else could it be?
Old 03-07-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
I don't see how they could not have completed the autopsy by now, I'll bet it was done the next day. My very uninformed guess would be that they must be purposefully withholding information, ohhieliz. What else could it be?
Your uninformed guess is probably right. just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. I hope we hear more soon!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ohhieliz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Your uninformed guess is probably right. just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. I hope we hear more soon!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ohhieliz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2014, 09:06 AM

I sent an email to one of the reporters that covered Antonio's story, so I'll let you know what he says as soon as I hear back from him.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:22 PM

Just thought I would check in to see if any news. Was a memorial fund ever set up to help the family? Is that why they are waiting for the funeral. A lot of these funeral homes will not do the services without money or insurance. I know it's shameful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jggordo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2014, 11:43 PM

Jggordo I haven't been able to turn up anything about a funeral or memorial fund. Nor have I heard back from the reporter I emailed.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhieliz View Post
The Harris County Medical Examiner's Office is always backed up. I had a dear friend die unfortunately on 7/5/13. The circumstances were questionable and it still took 5 months.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thorpedo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2014, 12:39 AM

I think they are probably waiting on toxicology results. And still may not be able to make a determination for sure. JMO
Old 03-22-2014, 10:10 PM

I checked with the Harris County ME's office public website. It shows that Antonio's COD and manner of death are still pending, And that the report is not complete. There must have been possible foul play or an ongoing investigation I think. JMO's
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jggordo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2014, 11:47 PM

Antonio's cause of death is still pending, but now the family wants new investigators assigned in hopes that they can solve the mystery of how the teenager ended up in the water.

Local 2 contacted the Houston Police Department, but they have yet to comment on the investigation.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/fa...annel/25181650

This surely seems like an ongoing investigation for a homicide, do y'all agree?

Last edited by Snoods; 03-27-2014 at 01:18 AM. Reason: adding
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Snoods For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2014, 11:52 PM

His funeral was held on March 11. Oh my, they had a viewing? Considering the length of time the body was in the water, that surprises me.

The viewing and visitation for Antonio Saldivar will be at Santana Funeral Home on Tuesday – March 11th 2014 from 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.

http://texasequusearch.org/2014/03/f...io-saldivar-2/
Old 03-27-2014, 12:06 AM

It has been my experience in following cases where the family will not wait for answers and demand that LE find another avenue to solve the puzzle nothing more is accomplished. Much is lost in the continuity and accountability of the investigation. Many people do not understand decomposition of remains. Possibly if people could get it that if a body is in water for two weeks, a mortician if they are good can do miracles, but a ME cannot get evidence that is no longer there. Toxicology can be telling but without knife or bullet wounds or skull fractures, they cannot prove a crime, that they cannot prove.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jggordo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2014, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jggordo View Post
It has been my experience in following cases where the family will not wait for answers and demand that LE find another avenue to solve the puzzle nothing more is accomplished. Much is lost in the continuity and accountability of the investigation. Many people do not understand decomposition of remains. Possibly if people could get it that if a body is in water for two weeks, a mortician if they are good can do miracles, but a ME cannot get evidence that is no longer there. Toxicology can be telling but without knife or bullet wounds or skull fractures, they cannot prove a crime, that they cannot prove.
Yikes! Two weeks floating in the polluted warm Houston ship channel water, getting jostled about between large ships? I honestly don't even know how it would be possible. I looked online at some bodies that had been in the water for two weeks and they weren't a pretty sight.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:52 AM

I may very possibly be wrong...

But... I get the feeling that someone(s) knows something... and LE knows that... but the people "in the know" are not revealing what they know...

I hope this makes sense...

I so feel for this handsome young man's family... they must be so frustrated not getting the answers...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2014, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Yikes! Two weeks floating in the polluted warm Houston ship channel water, getting jostled about between large ships? I honestly don't even know how it would be possible. I looked online at some bodies that had been in the water for two weeks and they weren't a pretty sight.
Somehow it didn't dawn on me that the poor guy had been in the channel for almost two weeks before he was found... (February 14 to February 26 or 27)

That is a long time to be in water... when considering decomposition...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2014, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHAVENOCLUE View Post
I may very possibly be wrong...

But... I get the feeling that someone(s) knows something... and LE knows that... but the people "in the know" are not revealing what they know...

I hope this makes sense...

I so feel for this handsome young man's family... they must be so frustrated not getting the answers...

I hear ya, sistah.....It's hard not to feel for this family. Of course rationally I understand that LE needs to do their job. I agree with you, I believe there is a lot going on that we don't know about. LE isn't going to hang this family out to dry.

I noticed that Quanell X was with the family at a rally. I hope it doesn't get crazy and they allow LE to do their job without interference.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:54 AM

WARNING PHOTO MAY BE DISTURBING TO SOME

Well, this article explains the rumor of the teddy bear stuffed down the front of Antonio's pants. The person who made the random comment under one of the articles was right. Apparently the day Antonio was found someone took a photo of his body and sent it to the family. The family has now released the photo and you can plainly see the teddy bear sticking out the front of his pants.

This just keeps getting stranger and stranger .

Screenshot (50).jpg

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/25...-a-17-year-old
Old 03-27-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
I hear ya, sistah.....It's hard not to feel for this family. Of course rationally I understand that LE needs to do their job. I agree with you, I believe there is a lot going on that we don't know about. LE isn't going to hang this family out to dry.

I noticed that Quanell X was with the family at a rally. I hope it doesn't get crazy and they allow LE to do their job without interference.
I can't help but wonder if Quanell X, with his reputation, is going to be a help... Or a hindrance?

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
WARNING PHOTO MAY BE DISTURBING TO SOME

Well, this article explains the rumor of the teddy bear stuffed down the front of Antonio's pants. The person who made the random comment under one of the articles was right. Apparently the day Antonio was found someone took a photo of his body and sent it to the family. The family has now released the photo and you can plainly see the teddy bear sticking out the front of his pants.

This just keeps getting stranger and stranger .

Attachment 42333

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/25...-a-17-year-old

such a sad picture...

I wonder who sent this pic to Antonio's family... On the day he was found?

LE would not just "send" the picture... Would they?

so who was there to take the pic... And send it to the family?

was it taken before the LE arrived?

Is it a message of some sort?

so puzzling!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHAVENOCLUE View Post
such a sad picture...

I wonder who sent this pic to Antonio's family... On the day he was found?

LE would not just "send" the picture... Would they?

so who was there to take the pic... And send it to the family?

was it taken before the LE arrived?

Is it a message of some sort?

so puzzling!
I know, a very strange thing to send a grieving family. The article doesn't mention who sent the photo, just that they were sent a photo. Interesting, a message. Wow, that's scary.

Another interesting point the family brings up is that Antonio was 6'1" and that the driver's seat was pushed up to far for Antonio to have been the one driving.

I tend to believe a bit more now the rumor that Antonio was seen with three other men before the accident, since the teddy bear rumor was true. But we can't forget the witness that saw his car pushed into the pillar, either.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
I know, a very strange thing to send a grieving family. The article doesn't mention who sent the photo, just that they were sent a photo. Interesting, a message. Wow, that's scary.

Another interesting point the family brings up is that Antonio was 6'1" and that the driver's seat was pushed up to far for Antonio to have been the one driving.

I tend to believe a bit more now the rumor that Antonio was seen with three other men before the accident, since the teddy bear rumor was true. But we can't forget the witness that saw his car pushed into the pillar, either.
That is interesting that his family says he was 6'1"...

Because the following link describes his height and weight as approx. 5'7"... 145 lbs...

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=9436196

maybe there was an error some where in reporting...

Last edited by IHAVENOCLUE; 03-27-2014 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Typo...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post: