2011.05.28 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I missed most of the morning trial, can anyone tell me if the names of the movies that TL and ICA rented at Blockbuster were released into evidence?

ok i've been wondering how the new anthony testimony is going to be squared with the old anthony testimony.

omitting previous depositions surely cannot work, because JB will bring them in as inconsistent testimony.

so they just don't bring it up.

still how can they contradict their previous lies?

The depos were in relation to the civil case not this one. JB could use them I guess to show a prior, inconsistent statement but CA could just say that she was being protective, believed her daughter and was angry - she did not want to air dirty laundry.

Yeah, it was a show for all her "at-home viewers"

but very conscious of possible lip readers watching. Even during her hissy she tried very hard to to keep her head turned, hand up to face dabbing eyes and first covering mouth as she spoke

Thank you! And I'm of the opinion she very much intended for the cameras to pick this one up.

I saw the exact opposite. What purpose would it be for cameras to catch this? The jury is who is deciding her fate, not t.v. viewers and the jury didn't see this.

I recognize a full on, 100%, down and dirty temper tantrum when I see one and that's what it was. casey was furious. I guess she might have realized (I did not watch CA's testimony yet, just the replay of the tantrum), from how CA failed to look at her or how she did look at her, body language and what CA was saying, that CA was not going to protect her anymore and was going to side with Caylee.

casey was so livid she didn't care anymore that cameras were on her. She was enraged.

I would love to know what ever happened to Teddy......:(

Hummm.. Should I crack a ill natured joke about him not being reported missing for a while and stuffing being found in the shed ,but only stolen duct tape was reported and the investigation for that is on going?

Do we have an openng theory thread or transcripts of the opening by the defence?

Also who else thinks it is completely odd that no grass will grow since 2008?

In reply to your second question, no I don't think it's odd.....and it seems to confirm the possibility that Caylee had been "buried" somewhere in the yard prior to being moved to the car trunk.

MOO

Thanks for the updates everybody - about a half hour before the end today my elderly cat decided it was a great time to puke up all over the kitchen and got herself messy in the process. I had to give her a bath and then mop the kitchen floor, so I missed everything til the very end when they went to the final sidebar.

If the DT is having a little jail consult time with ICA I'd bet a chicken dinner (mashed potatoes included) they redraft their master plan to tailor what's been said in court already. Big time.

Is it happy hour yet? Please?

Wonder when Juliette Lewis will testify...:crazy:

I read a tweet about a month ago from someone who asked her how she felt about being part of this case-- she tweeted back, "Now, what? What case???"

So, I wonder if she's watching now... jmo :seeya:

Sorry, I missed most of the morning trial, can anyone tell me if the names of the movies that TL and ICA rented at Blockbuster were released into evidence?
This morning TL testified to the dates on the receipt.

FYI........HLN channel is showing today's testimony now. :)

In reply to your second question, no I don't think it's odd.....and it seems to confirm the possibility that Caylee had been "buried" somewhere in the yard prior to being moved to the car trunk.

MOO

I just wondered if some chemical was used in aiding decomp and removing evidence from Caylees body and that killed the grass forever.

One can never describe the mind of one of these. I had fourteen at one time and had to quit my job. I only worked part time. for 20 weeks..It was a Borderline ward...OMG! You have no idea and I can't explain it but every emotion you are capable of will be put to the test. Some are diabolical and it can be frightening. I can't explain it to you. I wish I could...and I was in Psych.

The extreme narcissit combined with extreme borderine personality..is what evil is.

:tyou: Respectfully Quoted Whisperer
BBM

I also believe that to be true. I have no professional opinion. Of course. But that rings true for me when I ask myself what Casey is...

so, if she were willing to be diagnosed..could she be? And would that be a defense?

But she won't be diagnosed as such because that type of personality thinks they are perfect, to be simple about it? Right? That is the catch 22 of a sociopath/psychopathic person? TIA

:websleuther:

I'm wondering if the defense's opening statement wasn't supposed to be serving multiple purposes. Yes, they conceded that Casey was a liar...but they also knew that the jury would hear those lies. What if they wanted to get the pool theory out there in order to get the jury thinking that Caylee drowned and Casey lied to cover it up (not because she was taught how to lie as self-preservation)? Yes, folks could believe that. Then, they introduced the theory that she was molested as a way to get mitigating circumstances in from the getgo. Let the jury be wondering about it all the way through to the penalty phase. The one thing I can't figure out is why Jose didn't encourage her to tell the truth and accept her punishment 3 years ago? Did he know about the duct tape?

Cindy answered a burning question for me. I couldn't figure out how Caylee got in the pool in the first place. GA and CA said they were always very careful about removing the ladder. She remembers putting it up on the 15th. Caylee couldn't have set up the ladder to get in the pool.

I believe ICA put her in there and drowned her,thinking that sounded like a plausible accident, then realized that not even she would be able to convince CA/GA that was what happened. She finally got her out, lay her where the dogs 'hit' - the rest is history...

they need to call Zanny to the stand.....and then wait....and wait....and wait some more for her to be brought in.......LOL

I just wondered if some chemical was used in aiding decomp and removing evidence from Caylees body and that killed the grass forever.

I honestly hadn't thought of that, however, I suppose it's possible.

I think casey also took Caylee's momma doll from her. I thought she would have buried it with her but she didn't. It was stripped and found in the car.

Wasn't that Casey's doll when she was a child? I think it may have been and that is why Caylee called it "momma". Casey was probably mad about that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni