2011.05.28 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have an openng theory thread or transcripts of the opening by the defence?

Also who else thinks it is completely odd that no grass will grow since 2008?

I have a weird theory about that. I do not think they are walking their dogs through the neighborhood much anymore. I bet the dogs were going out and urinating on the grass way more than usual. Perhaps it killed it. I say that because our German Shepherd killed what little grass we had left and we put patio pavers out there instead.

LBD with her examination of CA has shown a loooong standing practice by ICA to lie regularly to her parents. Long before Caylee was ever missing. the cross on Tuesday will be ugly. JB will attempt to tie that loooong standing pathological need to the penis excuse and claim that she is this way because of the abuse and CA allowing it and failing to protect her.

JB will go for the jugular on Tuesday, mark my words. Lucky for Caylee, I think it will backfire bigtime. All the jury will see is that he is picking on a loving grieving gramma.

my own feel for it of course.
Ya know...JB never said George would do that...didn't he use the word "could"?

One question...After all HELL broke loose and KC left Tony's apartment Tony L asked KC how long she had known the Nanny and he stated KC told him the Nanny used to take care of her friend, Jeff's (I think thats his name) child.. Hasn't it been proven her friend Jeff didn't even have a child...

She'll smack his smirk away by pulling her grieving grandma card and the entire jury will be silently cheering her on IMO.
CA wasn't mentioned in his opening as a conspirator. If he treats her badly, I'm poking him with a voodoo doll I'll make in his honor.

Baez threw out a barb at Cindy when he said in opening that maybe Cindy left the pool ladder down, and now she feels so much guilt over that .....[in the defense delusions, I guess that is supposed to explain Cindy's 911 calls and the "dead body in the damn car" and other negative statements about her daughter being a psychopath and liar and will take her boyfriend for all his money ....]

Older jurors?? Those doorknob protectors have been around for at least 30 yrs. :seeya:
I had them for my daughter when she was little-
My daughter just turned 27.
Same age as me. :angel:

Does anyone else besides me think it is utterly ridiculous when JB gets up and asks a witness to agree, "isn't it unbelievable that she thought this way, believed these things or acted this way"? (something to that affect). Insinuating that only a crazy, delusional, abused person living in a 'fantasy world' would act this way!

Ummm NO ! A lying psychopath who murdered her daughter and didn't give a **** could act this way!

I'm telling you, the people on that jury are not going to fall for this. They KNOW people lie to cover their crimes EVERY DAY! We all know people do this. Even if some of the people on that jury are not avid readers they will have watched a movie or many movies that show this very same thing; Murderers attempting to get away with... well... MURDER!

I'll say this again- I always thought ICA would be convicted and sentenced to LWOP, I now think the jury will seek the Death Penalty. MOO!

That's a zinger! So, there was no way that it was an accident. No possible way. It was deliberate and now they know in their hearts their own daughter would destroy the entire family before taking any responsibility for her own actions.

I wonder if they are going to try and say she stepped up on a patio chair or something. I hope they clarify that there is no way she could have done that either.

The depos were in relation to the civil case not this one. JB could use them I guess to show a prior, inconsistent statement but CA could just say that she was being protective, believed her daughter and was angry - she did not want to air dirty laundry.

I saw the exact opposite. What purpose would it be for cameras to catch this? The jury is who is deciding her fate, not t.v. viewers and the jury didn't see this.

I recognize a full on, 100%, down and dirty temper tantrum when I see one and that's what it was. casey was furious. I guess she might have realized (I did not watch CA's testimony yet, just the replay of the tantrum), from how CA failed to look at her or how she did look at her, body language and what CA was saying, that CA was not going to protect her anymore and was going to side with Caylee.

casey was so livid she didn't care anymore that cameras were on her. She was enraged.

rbbm: spot on! The narcissism ICA has was put aside for her anger. Loss of control, although she will recover shortly after and start manipulating again. When my relative was in court, they were convinced they would serve no jail time. When the judge smacked down that gavel and gave jail time, I saw what y'all saw from ICA. Tears; me, me, me. Then after processing happened, like ICA did, they adjusted to jail life. Got out and still pulling the same carp as before. No change in their manipulations of others.

In the Greta video didn't CA say they have to remove a tree or pool box cause Caylee could climb on it and fall in?

yeah, you are right, he never stated it as fact, simply suggested the image for the jury. JB is fast and loose with "the truth" imo and will continue to be on tuesday, all he has to do is continue in the same vein (in his opinion). Won't work - moo

Everytime Cnn focused on George, he was doing motions around his nose and mouth, almost like signally, did anyone notice that?

That is a self comforting gesture, running his fingers back and forth across his lips, very basic, very oral. He can't chew gum, but needs to soothe himself while he is in the courtroom. He's been doing it since the first day this week.
Edited to add - It's one I use when I am anxious/concerned - when I am anxious/angry I stroke my eyebrows, as does one of my girls - lol

Originally Posted by tlcox
LBD with her examination of CA has shown a loooong standing practice by ICA to lie regularly to her parents. Long before Caylee was ever missing. the cross on Tuesday will be ugly. JB will attempt to tie that loooong standing pathological need to the penis excuse and claim that she is this way because of the abuse and CA allowing it and failing to protect her.

JB will go for the jugular on Tuesday, mark my words. Lucky for Caylee, I think it will backfire bigtime. All the jury will see is that he is picking on a loving grieving gramma.

my own feel for it of course.

The word "could" was used in the context of what 13 yr old Casey "could" do ...Baez said this young girl "could" have her father's penis in her mouth in the morning, then go to school and play with her friends and act as if nothing had happened....

I agree that Baez will be merciless on Cindy on Tuesday.

Jumper....and ??? A movie I saw and hated because it was so disturbing...senior moment...lol.

Wow. I did not hear the movies mentioned! I could be wrong...I might have zoned out...seriously. :yes:

So, I said they did not state what movies were rented on June 16th by Tony and Casey but I don't think I am correct.

I will go back over that video and see.

:tyou: RR0004

LCoastMom :yes:
BBM

I am getting the feeling this is exactly what the State is going for, and no less. How do you explain to someone what is a sociopath? We have tried for quite a while here, it is difficult. The only way is to experience a sociopath to truly understand.

LDB is in the land of Disney and has had to create a ride called "Casey's World" and day by day she is having the jury enter that world...until her closing arguments when she will have done her best to give them that experience.

How do you show people that someone is "evil"? It is like Scott Peterson...the facts put one on top of the other start to not make sense to people who are not afflicted...normal folk. But normal folk are not evil in their thinking so they cannot on their own think to that degree.

That is what makes a personality like Casey's so dangerous. LDB, has been given the task of showing such evil intentions for what they are...

(Credit to WS Astros) Smoke and Mirrors they said, and I agree. I felt it was to describe the defense tactics, and Casey but it also describes the energy that the State, the energy LDB must reveal to the jury.

:twocents:

Thank you for describing the situation so well.

I was thinking about the jury this AM listening to CA. Remember, we have been listening to this for three years. We know every lie, every excuse, every diabolical thing ICA has done.

Does the jury feel like they have fallen down that rabbit's hole while listening to CA? Or is this making them angry as CA spells out ICA's lies, as if they were the truth? I hope the jury is hearing a grieving mother/grandmother.

It is easier to find CA believable since she dropped the rabid dog attitude, but I'm still concerned that they will feel the disfunction in this family may have contributed to Caylee's death. I hope not. I hope CA can maintain her composure with the DT. 6 weeks is not much time to change years of behaviors.

Go CA - you were there for Caylee Marie today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain