GUILTY TN - Rev. Matthew Winkler, 31, shot to death, Selmer, 23 March 2006

So they couldn't dial 911, not call the dad.

I don't much like Oprah, but I've got to say I think she wanted to take a cattle prod to Mary. I also don't think she believed one word out of her mouth.

Thge oldest knew he was "hurt" because she had seen Matt lying on the floor and Mary had told her Daddy was "hurt"...........so if you know kids one would probably whisper to the other and they'd be concerned about their Daddy.......that had to be a miserable car ride to that motel.........

cattle prod?..........even better!

I could only watch half the interview. She's a pathetic liar imo. She couldn't even come up with anything resembling abuse.
I just hope she doesn't get custody of her children. That is a very scary thought.

I could only watch half the interview. She's a pathetic liar imo. She couldn't even come up with anything resembling abuse.
I just hope she doesn't get custody of her children. That is a very scary thought.

Mary had difficulty making eye contact wth Oprah. She is clearly Emotionally Disturbed. She killed her husband. Were there bruises on her body when they found her, NO. Why did the jury feel sorry for her, I wonder.:doh: She should have been tried out of the county. If this had been a man, he would have gotten life.

She is not capable of taking care of 3 children. The children have been traumatized enough!!

Mary had difficulty making eye contact wth Oprah. She is clearly Emotionally Disturbed. She killed her husband. Were there bruises on her body when they found her, NO. Why did the jury feel sorry for her, I wonder.:doh: She should have been tried out of the county. If this had been a man, he would have gotten life.

She is not capable of taking care of 3 children. The children have been traumatized enough!!

I still find it hard to believe that she's out walking around never mind on Oprah! I agree - "She is not capable of taking care of 3 children." Hopefully the family court Judge will see that her having custody is not in the best interest of the children. She killed their father for goodness sakes!

I know I didn't buy a word of her story today. It makes me sick to see her on TV saying how much she "loves" Matthew. :doh::doh: I think that Oprah was disgusted with her also. I really don't like Oprah, but I thought she did a fair job interviewing Mary Winkler.

I caught the part where Mary said she's apologized to Matthew's parents and that she misses them. Personally, I don't think she's ever given them a sincere apology, because I don't believe she's sorry that she killed Matthew. :hand:

I wonder if this interview can be used against her in the civil suit that Matthew's parents have filed?:confused::confused:

I have to agree with Lisa Bloom, Mary does have poor impulse control. I don't think she should ever regain custody of those poor children. Highly supervised visitation should be all she is allowed! IMO, JMO, and all that jazz....

That woman is devoid of all emotion. And she's still acting like she's making it up as she goes along. She wiped the blood from his mouth out of instinct - she said she didn't know what else to do because she "didn't know how he was hurt". Duh - you shot him honey. :waitasec: It's really no different than Phil Spector. If it was an accident, then call 911. How this woman got away with cold blooded murder is something I'll never understand.

That woman is devoid of all emotion. And she's still acting like she's making it up as she goes along. She wiped the blood from his mouth out of instinct - she said she didn't know what else to do because she "didn't know how he was hurt". Duh - you shot him honey. :waitasec: It's really no different than Phil Spector. If it was an accident, then call 911. How this woman got away with cold blooded murder is something I'll never understand.

I agree. You could visibly see the wheels of her brain turning around trying to formulate responses to Oprah's questions. The truth doesn't take that long to come out. The answers should have flowed off her tongue like oil after this long.

I know I didn't buy a word of her story today. It makes me sick to see her on TV saying how much she "loves" Matthew. :doh::doh: I think that Oprah was disgusted with her also. I really don't like Oprah, but I thought she did a fair job interviewing Mary Winkler.

I caught the part where Mary said she's apologized to Matthew's parents and that she misses them. Personally, I don't think she's ever given them a sincere apology, because I don't believe she's sorry that she killed Matthew. :hand:

I wonder if this interview can be used against her in the civil suit that Matthew's parents have filed?:confused::confused:

I have to agree with Lisa Bloom, Mary does have poor impulse control. I don't think she should ever regain custody of those poor children. Highly supervised visitation should be all she is allowed! IMO, JMO, and all that jazz....

I was wondering the same thing too Tez.

This woman is either a manipulative liar or she has some type of mental defect, IMO. I yelled at the television several times, "Just spit it out already!" I got the impression that Oprah thought Mary's story was farfetched.

A few things that I want to know: (1) If it were an accident, why didn't she call 911? After all, Matthew bled to death. (2) Second, if Matthew was the mastermind of the check kiting scheme, why wasn't his name on any of the accounts? (3) Third, was it merely a coincidence that Matthew was murdered on the day that Mary was supposed to bring him in to the bank for a meeting about her illegal practices?

Thge oldest knew he was "hurt" because she had seen Matt lying on the floor and Mary had told her Daddy was "hurt"...........so if you know kids one would probably whisper to the other and they'd be concerned about their Daddy.......that had to be a miserable car ride to that motel.........

cattle prod?..........even better!
Mary also took the gun with her. For what purpose no one knows, but it would not have been in the best interests of the children to have it with. IMO I think she planned to use it again. For that reason alone I wouldn't give her custody of her children.

Mary also took the gun with her. For what purpose no one knows, but it would not have been in the best interests of the children to have it with. IMO I think she planned to use it again. For that reason alone I wouldn't give her custody of her children.

Good point,Fundiva!

I live in McMinnville, TN where Matthew and Mary lived for a short while. Matthew was my son's bible teacher at school. (He attends a private christian school). My son and all the boys that Matthew taught absolutely loved Matthew and they called him "Wink" or "Mr. Wink". He was so friendly and nice and the boys really admired him.

I think Mary got away with murder. He was shot in the back and she left him to bleed to death. I just can not get past those facts.

How true. Mary said Matthew was dead when she left. Remember in her interview she said a body changes color immediately after they die.

SO if she KNEW Matthew was dead then why oh why did she load up the shotgun AND shells along with her children?

She will never own up to anything much less this but imo it is obvious to me she had full intentions of using that gun again when she took it.

Also how strange. Here she had already brutally murdered one man but when questioned by LE she was still raging........this time about wanting to rip her father's head off.

This woman is scary. I see a psychopath that got lucky by having sleazy lawyers who are known to get guilty people off.

imoo

He's got guts dating that murderous b....

He better make sure he doesn't have firearms in his home or he could loose his "guts" if Mary thinks he has got to go.

Strange she was in jail until latter August or the first of September 06 and she met her next honey in October 06. Mary sure seems to make a move at lightning speed.

Wonder what Matthew's little girls think about the replacement of their daddy?

imo

How true. Mary said Matthew was dead when she left. Remember in her interview she said a body changes color immediately after they die.

SO if she KNEW Matthew was dead then why oh why did she load up the shotgun AND shells along with her children?

She will never own up to anything much less this but imo it is obvious to me she had full intentions of using that gun again when she took it.

Also how strange. Here she had already brutally murdered one man but when questioned by LE she was still raging........this time about wanting to rip her father's head off.

This woman is scary. I see a psychopath that got lucky by having sleazy lawyers who are known to get guilty people off.

imoo
------------

Hi Ocean, I dont understand mary saying a body changes color immediately.I have been with five people when they passed, none of them changed right away~a bit whiter maybe,maybe not.I held my son in my arms for 1/2 hour,he was the same.
I read on the Tenn.paper the hospital (someone) said she should remain single. Now does anyone beside me think that she should be Alone? no children~visitation maybe but not permanent residng.I am praying for Matthews parents.

------------

Hi Ocean, I don't understand mary saying a body changes color immediately.I have been with five people when they passed, none of them changed right away~a bit whiter maybe,maybe not.I held my son in my arms for 1/2 hour,he was the same.
I read on the Tenn.paper the hospital (someone) said she should remain single. Now does anyone beside me think that she should be Alone? no children~visitation maybe but not permanent residing.I am praying for Matthews parents.

Maybe it was because the poor man was bleeding to death.

So sorry about your son. I cant fathom the pain you must have felt Nore. My heart goes out to you.

Well today the Judge decided that Mary does not get the children back. He did give her supervised visits and she can call the girls every other day to talk to them.

What absolutely is heart wrenching to me is the thought that the older girls may not want to talk to or see their mother at all but will be forced now that the Judge has taken their choices away.

Allie and Patricia did not testify today.

But guess what? Dr. Keith Ablow testified for the Winklers.

imoo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back