GUILTY CT - Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, & 2 daughters killed in home invasion, 23 July 2007

If there was ever a case for the death penalty - this one is it. Does anyone know when the next trial is scheduled to start?

Death for the kidnapped victim: Jennifer

Death for the victim under 16: Michaela was 11

Death for killing more than 2 persons: includes Haley along with Jennifer & Michaela

Death on 4th count

Another death sentence, for killing Hayley during kidnapping. Wow, may get death on them all

All 6 counts: DEATH

Judge: keep emotions in check, please.....jurors crying

Excellent! Great jury!!! Those beasts were just begging for the DP when they committed the atrocities on that poor family.

:woohoo:

Family: now overcome BUT still dignified!

He77, I'm crying!

All 6 wow. I guess that makes sense. It would make sense that if there was death for one it would be for all. I can't wait to hear about how the deliberation went, if the jurors will share that info. They may not.

The jury will return to the jury room, Judge plans to go back to talk to them according to Marshal in back of court

Family will go with SA and regroup, PROBABLY will meet with jury, will talk with judge for a few minutes

HAYES: stays in custody in lockup at court....goest to DEATHROW ASAP, this PM (again according to Marshall) Judge will sentence him OFFICIALLY later)

Judge now meeting with defense lawyers re: appeal process ALREADY STARTED!!!!!!!!!!!

This may sound weird. I had to sit on a jury (vehicular homicide by a really arrogant punk). We found him guilty. I had really strong anger feelings when the verdict was being read - I was angry the crime took place in the first place, and I was angry that us ordinary law abiding citizens (the jury) had to sit through the gory vile details. My niave view of the world changed that day and I was mad at the person that caused it. I couldn't get home and take a hot shower and make a stiff drink fast enough. I can understand some of the Hayes jury crying.

This jury had it a million times worse.

Great news! Congrats to the jurors!

I just hope it won't take thirty years to execute him, like it would here in California.

As expected: jury polled...happening NOW....and lots of sniffling and teary but they are speaking UP Some are actually looking AT HAYES!

HAYES is NOT looking at them, (I can't see his face but his head hasn't moved)

Each count is asked of each juror, the principle of jury polling is to "attempt" to get a juror to waver while standing up in public.

IMO.......NO WAY TODAY, this "bunch" are getting strength from each other!

As expected: jury polled...happening NOW....and lots of sniffling and teary but they are speaking UP Some are actually looking AT HAYES!

HAYES is NOT looking at them, (I can't see his face but his head hasn't moved)

Each count is asked of each juror, the principle of jury polling is to "attempt" to get a juror to waver while standing up in public.

IMO.......NO WAY TODAY, this "bunch" are getting strength from each other!

Where are you watching????

Super glad I had to testify in another case today! and "brought treats" to my favorite Marshalls to "sneak" into the courtroom!

JUSTICE!

I sat on a jury once and I almost cried when we convicted him. I knew he was guilty and deserved to go to jail but it was still hard. I can't imagine how hard it was to convict and suggest death. Hayes deserves death but I feel for that jury.

Super glad I had to testify in another case today! and "brought treats" to my favorite Marshalls to "sneak" into the courtroom!

JUSTICE!

oops! ok! I get it - you are at the courthouse?

Well, the defense certainly put up a fight so I can't imagine that the DP can be overturned on appeal. Let's hope the state of Conn. doesn't waste too much time and money on SH. I'm anti-DP but this is a case that screamed for it. May this bring some closure and comfort to Dr. Petit and the surviving family and friends.

Thank God the justice system came through...

My thoughts are always with Mr. Petit. Blessings.

Time to put down the other animal.

Goz

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam