Post-Verdict:Jose Baez-Sanctions? Florida Bar Investigation!

Not slander, it's civil...defamation of character....it's federal! And, I must say to the poster who wonders why everyone hates JB.....he just makes it too easy~;)

I mean, come on, the middle finger guy goes to jail, Casey gets acquitted...what are the odds? He was an extremely fair judge, I think...actually more so than he should have been so that she would get a fair trial. He did this in case of appeal & I fully believe he was as surprised as we were at the verdict. I've heard of drug dealers who gets more time than she did/does!

And the middle finger Attorney got away with it. What's wrong with that picture?

I did not much care for JB from the start, but after the opening arguments, his crassness, rudeness, disrespect for all parties, his behavior, his not paying child support for 10 years, and even his inability to spell simple words and his poor grammar made me strongly dislike him.

Don't forget the checks that bounced. ;) Now THAT'S law abiding. :floorlaugh:

I hope he does but I'm not holding my breath for it. IIRC the SAO was supposed to draft up the sanctions motion and submit it to HHJP at the end of the trial.

Since JA is retiring, who knows if anyone will pick up that ball and run with it.

They may all just want to move on and put this behind them.

Personally, I think that would be a shame if that happens. Baez not getting any sanctions for his obvious disrespect for the court systems, court rulings, etc. and then winning the case will only underline to him that sort of behavior is acceptable.

IMO

I agree. One thing we all agreed upon was that this case involved a lot of bad behavior from start to finish. One thing I learned in this trial is that this type of behavior is acceptable no matter how atrocious, contemptible or gruesome. While I will not be holding my breath, I would like to unlearn what I've learned:banghead:

I'm hoping someone can refresh my memory. Exactly what did JB do that HHJP decided to wait until after the trial to rule on? Or is there more than one instance delayed until after the trial? I just can't remember what discovery violation was. I watched every single day but somehow since the verdict my brain has just turned to mush.

I'm hoping someone can refresh my memory. Exactly what did JB do that HHJP decided to wait until after the trial to rule on? Or is there more than one instance delayed until after the trial? I just can't remember what discovery violation was. I watched every single day but somehow since the verdict my brain has just turned to mush.

Perry ruled a "willful" and "substantial" violation had taken place by the defense.

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28313342/detail.html

Trial by ambush. JB tried to bring in evidence that was not presented to the court which was a violation of the court's order.

One issue that still bothers me is the IRS. JB had control of KC's money from the sale of Caylee's pictures but never paid the taxes on the money for her. He never expected KC to be set free. There is no other excuse for not paying them because she is ultimately responsible. Now that KC is free JB has a big problem, IMO. No wonder he wants to play "let's make a deal" in between his client being found "not guilty" and her sentencing. IRS gives you, what, 30 days to contest it. JB has bigger worries than those "contempt of court" issues hanging over his head. jmo

Ya know, I think the jury REALLY like JB. I liked his style until he started being sleazy and trying his little ambush tactics. I hated how he threw stuff out their to taint the jury cuz he knew they couldn't unring the bell. He used dirty tactics and that jury fell for it as we heard - loud and clear.

Those tactics just may not work in another courtroom. I don't foresee a stellar career for him in the long run. I'm fully expecting him to do a few days jail time and pay some hefty fines when he gets slapped with contempt charges in a case or two down the road. We shall see.

Those tactics just may not work in another courtroom. I don't foresee a stellar career for him in the long run. I'm fully expecting him to do a few days jail time and pay some hefty fines when he gets slapped with contempt charges in a case or two down the road. We shall see.

I agree.Not all jurors are like this jury.There are some very very smart people out there and they will see through JB'S BS and not like it at all.Let him do what he did in this courtroom in other one and other one and see how many of his clients go to jail.Then word will get around that he is no good good!
Also I like to say about the IRS.He made a lot of money in the last week since the verdict,he probably paid them back,65,000 is going to be small change to him.I don't like it,but the only way we can stop this madness is NOT to buy their books or watch the shows they come on and give the networks ratings!!!!It has to be in the pocket where it hits them all,The Lawyers,GA,CA,the jury and most of all CFCA!!I'm telling you money talks and if they don't have it..they LOSE!!

Us Websleuths folk are a small percent of the people who will refuse to buy
books and other forms of paid communication

Us Websleuths folk are a small percent of the people who will refuse to buy
books and other forms of paid communication

Over 882,600 people have signed the Caylee's Law Petition. There is social outrage that goes far beyond this website.

NBC's Today Show, this morning, spent more airtime on the rescue of a little gray kitten then they did on anything Anthony/Baez.

ETA: There are 39,567 Websleuth members that is only about 4.5% of the number of people who signed the petition.

Here is something I would love to see in the future, during one of the status hearing JPB warned JB that there were defence attorneys that worked for the JAC in reviewing how all of the money was spent on cases where the JAC was giving money in an effort to recoup any money that could have been misappropriated, I can only see one reason that JBP would give JB this warning and that is because JPB has looked over the receipts that were or were not being turned in on this case, Now that JA has retired for the SAO I would love to see the JAC employ JA and have him review any and all monies that were spent on this case, I can't think of a better Attorney to go after JB than JA, I also think that JA would take satisfaction in being able to take JB down....Thoughts?

I do not hate JB but I dislike his tactics and he sucks as a lawyer imo, I don't even hold him responsible for the opening statements since they are in all probability lies straight form ICA, he was just her mouthpiece and doing his job spouting her lies.
My hope is that HHJP does sanction him or that the FL bar gets involved, even if it's just a fine or reprimand it's better than letting it slide.

Not slander, it's civil...defamation of character....it's federal! And, I must say to the poster who wonders why everyone hates JB.....he just makes it too easy~;)

I mean, come on, the middle finger guy goes to jail, Casey gets acquitted...what are the odds? He was an extremely fair judge, I think...actually more so than he should have been so that she would get a fair trial. He did this in case of appeal & I fully believe he was as surprised as we were at the verdict. I've heard of drug dealers who gets more time than she did/does!

Wonder how ICA's pen pal feels, RA is in for 15 yrs. and ICA walks free.
If JB and CM knew it was an accident didn't they look beyond trial when they were making all these accusations. In pretrial they asked and asked for more and more money from JAC. There is a time I am sure the defendant can throw a hammer in the pretrial by admitting to an accident and cover up and change the whole landscape of their charges. Not walk to the end of the hallway lieing, spending 3 yrs in jail pretrial.
I believe in his fairness the judge practically was JB's assistant and now I bet he wishes he would have left the enept lawyer defend his lieing client.
Does CM have any expertise in lawyering? CM basically sat there like a doofus not helping JB as much as the judge did.
I truly feel bad for the prosecution. They were experienced and had to sit thru a defense who didn't know the law inside and out like the prosecution.
I hated the sly smile JB gave the jury every time the came in It was really weird, weird, weird.
I still think if a defense is going to present a scenario
there should be truth in it or they are no better then their lieing client.
And I think the law should make them prove it. JMO I don't think the defense can cheat to win.

He will pay whatever fine imposed on him gladly. He won a major high profile case I don't even think he thought he could do this good.

The drudge of society from the prison will line up to get him to represent him. He'll have plenty of business to offset his fine...

I've been wondering about. Where will JB's clients come from. Will the tax payers of Forida pay again for these types of people. JB can do what he did in the middle of the trial when asked that FKC be considered indigent ? Or will his guilty clients come from only the rich?

Why does everyone hold such hatred for JB and want his career ruined? He did not kill Caylee. If everyone thinks he such a bad attorney, then you must also think that he had nothing to do with the not guilty verdict. Why the vendetta against JB? Why would anyone take pleasure in seeing a man's career ruined because you did not like his client? Does this bring justice for Caylee? If you had a child Caylee's age, would you teach them to hate like this?

I dislike any attorney who will destroy innocent people just to get his client free. I believe no attorney needs to lie to do his job. I would not/did not teach my children to hate, as I also taught them to be honest and to be respectful of others. If JB ever learned this he soon forgot it in the court room. That's why I dislike JB. JB didn't get FKC her not guilty verdict, the jurors gave it to her. All JB did was try to ruin innocent people, in this statement I do not include the A's.

This is so true. The other night when I was speaking with my son he said the exact same thing. There are people who are IN PRISON for smoking weed. I'm pretty sure murdering your child is as much against the law as getting high, or maybe I'm wrong about that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back