IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just curious. I had seen that posted in the comments of an article and just wondered if it was the truth. What kind of jail is it?

Pretty sure it's just the county jail. It's right behind the courthouse, on 7th and Morton I believe. Just a block from Smallwood.

Who are the students that confronted them?? And, why??

I haven't read much about this case, so maybe I'm misinformed. But CR claims to have lost his memory of events during the key time frame? C'mon! Seriously?

I've never characterized anyone I've encountered on these walks unsavory. There are homeless people that hang out downtown, but in my opinion they wouldn't do anything to hurt me because when they're downtown they're in well-lit, crowded areas.

In RE to cipius: He's in an off-campus Jewish fraternity with no house referred to as APES. Long story short: they were kicked off campus for one reason another when they were known as AEPi. This past year AEPi was started again and will have a house on campus, but none of the existing members of the off-campus fraternity were allowed into the new AEPi and they can no longer refer to themselves as AEPi brothers, so they go by APES.

I agree that the bf seems pretty suspicious despite his facebook posts proclaiming his love for LS and his filing of the missing person's report. He quite obviously knew what LS was up to that night and still claimed to not have looked for her until morning? Yeah right.
I know that they are not allowing him to be involved in the search for her...

BBM- Can I ask how you know this?

The two most likely scenarios in my mind are that the boyfriend was involved out of jealousy OR that LS never made it out of the apartment at 11th & Morton alive. In the latter case she could have OD'd (from alcohol or other drugs) and the two guys panicked and dumped her somewhere, or they could have taken advantage of her while passed out and killed her to silence her. The problem with the scenario with the two guys is that we have to believe that the roommate at the very least LIED about what happened, as did the guy who lived two doors down (so three people at least would have to be involved). And to get rid of LS would have taken at least 1-2 hours to dispose of. However at this point we have no other evidence besides the word of these three men that LS ever left the apartment complex at 11th & Morton.

The most likely scenario then would be that the boyfriend did something to LS out of jealousy. After her boyfriends friend decked CR he may have immediately called his friend and told him that his gf was with another guy. In this case though HOW would the boyfriend have located LS? The walk back to her place would have only lasted 3-5 minutes. And she never made it back there. And she had no cellphone. Therefore the boyfriend would have had to have either known where she was and waited outside the building at 11th and Morton, or waited outside of Smallwood (presumably without being picked up on camera). The other possibility being that she walked TO her boyfriend's place (anyone know about where he lives?). However I find the likelihood that the boyfriend just HAPPENED to be driving around and intercepted her before she got home to be highly unlikely for such a short walk.

And yes about a block away from Smallwood there IS a building that contains courts, a jail (Monroe County Correctional facility), and the Monroe County Sheriff's office. I know this because I served on a jury once there.

If the boyfriend had an iron clad alibi, why would police insist he is a POI?
However, maybe he expected for her to text him in order for him to come over, and she never did.

I am thinking there were text or phone records showing he was wide awake and active around this time...maybe some communications with some of the "fighters"...

From this article:

"From what he (Jesse) told me, he was watching the basketball game at his house and was then supposed to come over to hang out with Lauren," Tamir said.

But Spierer left her phone at the bar.

"She could no longer get in contact with (Wolff), so he never came out," Tamir said. "He ended up just sleeping at his house."

So he was at home watching a game then supposed to come over. Lauren ends up going by herself to meet CR and friends at 12:30am. I'm certain the basketball game was over before 12:30am, so why hadn't he come over? This still doesn't add up for me. He knows his GF is out with 3 guys and is just okay with that? I find that hard to believe.

If he did have something to do with her disappearance, he would have had from 4:30am until 2pm to do whatever. I hope he has provided an alibi.
I'm sure LE has been very interested in his phone activity. With all the goings on he was probably very involved in texting/calling late that night into the early morning. When he stopped might tell a tale one way or another.

I'm sure LE has been very interested in his phone activity. With all the goings on he was probably very involved in texting/calling late that night into the early morning. When he stopped might tell a tale one way or another.

With cell phone use, police should be able to figure out someone's approximate location, such as did that someone go out of town (assuming the cell phone was on).

The two most likely scenarios in my mind are that the boyfriend was involved out of jealousy OR that LS never made it out of the apartment at 11th & Morton alive. In the latter case she could have OD'd (from alcohol or other drugs) and the two guys panicked and dumped her somewhere, or they could have taken advantage of her while passed out and killed her to silence her. The problem with the scenario with the two guys is that we have to believe that the roommate at the very least LIED about what happened, as did the guy who lived two doors down (so three people at least would have to be involved). And to get rid of LS would have taken at least 1-2 hours to dispose of. However at this point we have no other evidence besides the word of these three men that LS ever left the apartment complex at 11th & Morton.

The most likely scenario then would be that the boyfriend did something to LS out of jealousy. After her boyfriends friend decked CR he may have immediately called his friend and told him that his gf was with another guy. In this case though HOW would the boyfriend have located LS? The walk back to her place would have only lasted 3-5 minutes. And she never made it back there. And she had no cellphone. Therefore the boyfriend would have had to have either known where she was and waited outside the building at 11th and Morton, or waited outside of Smallwood (presumably without being picked up on camera). The other possibility being that she walked TO her boyfriend's place (anyone know about where he lives?). However I find the likelihood that the boyfriend just HAPPENED to be driving around and intercepted her before she got home to be highly unlikely for such a short walk.

And yes about a block away from Smallwood there IS a building that contains courts, a jail (Monroe County Correctional facility), and the Monroe County Sheriff's office. I know this because I served on a jury once there.

In RE: to the BF, I could see it happening this way:

LS and CR go to her place. Are met in the lobby with a group of friends of JW's. Drunk people mouthing off to each other, a couple fists are thrown. Lauren caught in the middle of it all and possibly annoyed with JW's friends for acting that way. I imagine she says something to the effect of her helping him home. Friends text/call JW to say what has just happened. JW knows they are headed to CR's apt. JW drives to the apt, parks nearby and waits....

New thread coming. This one will be closing soon.

A friend who knows LS and her bf told me. It could be a rumor, I guess, but it seemed factual when I was told.

Thanks-

I find that interesting because I kind of thought that JW would be at the PC's. Not on camera, but standing nearby with LS's sister maybe. But maybe JW is not close with the Spierer family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee