Another New Lawyer for Casey - Dorothy Sims

Just an observation, but I don't think any of the above prepares her for verbal jousting with Dr. G. on cross-exam.

Agree! she sounds more like a personal injury attorney and not really how much she has dealt with homicide

http://plaintifftriallawyertips.com/2010/12/12/dorothy-clay-simss-ideas-for-cross.aspx

Snips from a lecture Sims gave in early December in NOLA.

º Research the internet for talks that aren't included in the CV or subpoena them because you may find these are the talks that show their bias, like talks to defense groups

Challenge him with questions using this phrase "What happens on a cellular level when... He or she will be usually unable to answer it.

Good stuff here. Rather interesting.

She's certainly got tons of intellectually dishonest gimmicks. Too bad she can't be put on the stand and discredited.

She's certainly got tons of intellectually dishonest gimmicks. Too bad she can't be put on the stand and discredited.

Amen.
Do these super-lawyers ever stop to examine their consciences as to what they are trying to achieve?

An interesting tidbit about DCS..

http://legalblogwatch.typepad.com/legal_blog_watch/2007/07/outsourcing-exp.html

Snip
Sims has reduced [medical expert costs] by hiring medical experts in India for a fraction of the price, and she makes the service available to other American lawyers through an Internet-based business called MD in a Box. The U.S. lawyers pay $90 an hour for the medical consulting. The process works through a real-time link to an Indian doctor by computer. Sims describes a typical case in which a U.S. orthopedic surgeon disputes her client's claims in an American courtroom.

"I have my computer with me, and my doctor in India is listening to the orthopedic surgeon the whole time, through a microphone plugged into my laptop," said Dorothy Clay Sims. "He is then sending me instant messages saying, "that is not true. It is actually such and such or so and so." And I look down at my screen and I will just say exactly what the doctor said from India."

Snip
Sims has reduced [medical expert costs] by hiring medical experts in India for a fraction of the price, and she makes the service available to other American lawyers through an Internet-based business called MD in a Box. The U.S. lawyers pay $90 an hour for the medical consulting. The process works through a real-time link to an Indian doctor by computer. Sims describes a typical case in which a U.S. orthopedic surgeon disputes her client's claims in an American courtroom.

"I have my computer with me, and my doctor in India is listening to the orthopedic surgeon the whole time, through a microphone plugged into my laptop," said Dorothy Clay Sims. "He is then sending me instant messages saying, "that is not true. It is actually such and such or so and so." And I look down at my screen and I will just say exactly what the doctor said from India."

That is hilarious. We already knew that JB was basically a ventriloquist dummy getting texts (likely from LKB) during proceedings to appear as if he knew what he was doing. Now I guess we can add another to that list. I can see the necessity of attorneys relying on expert testimony to make their case because they can't always be subject matter experts in scientific or other areas. But when they are being coached live, like some sort of Cyrano de Bergerac scenario, I think it crosses some kind of line to appear to know something you don't. JMO, but if you need an expert to refute somebody because their expertise is out of your purview, then swear them in and put them on the stand for gods' sakes. Or admit you are getting coached. Otherwise, it's like some kind of Karaoke Law.

Let me amend that. Maybe it's more like Milli Vanilli Law.

Snip

Interesting since any doctor coming from another country would not be considered a "doctor" in the U.S. until he went through "residency" in the United States.

First, the physician must to take board exams and an English language test. A foreign-trained physician must go through a residency program. Residency positions
Yet for doctors trained in other countries, fewer than 40 percent of those who apply for a US residency are accepted.
_

SOTS - Hello there! Good to see you back. I missed your posts here at WS. You've been missing for quite some time.

http://ocalaw.com/resources.php

Our firm is asking for donations for used assistive devices such as canes, walkers, wheelchairs and/or braces so that they can be recycled to our own clients and/or their families

And.......I particularly"luv" the "let's train our plaintiffs" booklets....
http://www.dorothyclaysims.com/docs/mommy.pdf

and

http://ocalaw.com/examples/diary.pdf

I wonder what she would of wrote for Caylee and her poor mom.

My mom didn't give a damn about me. I got in her way so I ended up as a bag of bones a swamp.

But hey that's OK, my mom had an excuse for killing me. Dot told my mom that she was a victim just like me.

I'm sorry, I just can't let Caylee go yet.

I wonder what she would of wrote for Caylee and her poor mom.

My mom didn't give a damn about me. I got in her way so I ended up as a bag of bones a swamp.

But hey that's OK, my mom had an excuse for killing me. Dot told my mom that she was a victim just like me.

I'm sorry, I just can't let Caylee go yet.

I can't either. :( Not yet....

I'm not particularly bothered by the overseas-outsourced doc-in-the-box idea for attorneys who wish to inexpensively research general material (I am not to the point where I feel sorry for physicians in the labor force). But I really think it's disgusting that the attorney can circumvent the whole cross examination and vetting of credentials by simply repeating something a possibly-less-qualified expert says IN COURT. Any medical opinions offered in court (and it's still pretty creepy that many are simply hired guns) should be attributed and transparent so they can be open to accredited and reputable debate on the record and in front of a jury.

That kid's pamphlet is pathetic.

I agree, the pamphlet is pathetic. I think that D Simms lives in the land of Sunshine and Lollipops and not in reality when it comes to human nature. She tends to measure others in her own value system as if they held the same value system themselves. It appears that she gives excuses for the Mother's behaviour toward the child. As in: Your Mother's in pain and therefore not responsible for neglecting you or treating you ugly. Which would make the child more sympathetic to the abusing and neglectful parent. There's a lot wrong with that pamphlet. It's not based on reality.

That pamphlet is a feeble attempt to justify child abuse.

Snip

I can't imagine that this works well at all. Have you ever experienced attempted tech support from anyone in India? :floorlaugh:

Thanks sleutherontheside. I admit I didn't read the whole handout, but the beginning of it has me lmao. Really Sims? I'm going to have to go back and read more when I have time.

Snip

Hey, that's how JB got through the whole trial!

Thanks sleutherontheside. I admit I didn't read the whole handout, but the beginning of it has me lmao. Really Sims? I'm going to have to go back and read more when I have time.

I only read the first few sentences where they are comparing an expert to a sociopath. OMG.
No wonder these people worked so well with FCA. They are all, and I do me ALL....just like her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back