Photos of the Couple - *WARNING: Graphic Images*

Just temporary visit.

Maria Vasquez Buenos Aires, missing with boyfriend or brother, since 14 May 1976

Attachments

• maría martha vasques 14 maj 1976.jpg
    maría martha vasques 14 maj 1976.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 1,364
Just temporary visit.

Maria Vasquez Buenos Aires, missing with boyfriend or brother, since 14 May 1976

Hi you're not referring to this Maria Vasquez from Buenos Aires are you ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/crossing_continents/1752960.stm

If you are she has been found dead but before she died she gave birth and her son was adopted out.
If you are not referring to her then WOW what are the chances of two girls same name same time going missing ! spooky

WOW!!!! That's the closest match I've ever seen!!! I hope the one that's been found isn't her. It would be great to solve this.

More pictures here of both Maria Marta Vasques & her husband Cesar Amadeo Lugones: http://www.memoriaabierta.org.ar/pancartas/13556.jpg
http://www.desaparecidos.org/arg/victimas/lugones/

"Servini de Cubria is also investigating the location of a third child, the son of María Vásquez Ocampo y César Amadeo Lugones. Both Vásquez Ocampo and Amadeo Lugones were seen at the ESMA. Vásquez Ocampo was two months pregnant when she was kidnapped, and gave birth to a baby boy in December 1976, according to the testimony of former navy captain Alfredo Scilingo."

Some more info about MV & CAL from : http://eaaf.typepad.com/pdf/1996_1997/02Argentina96_97.pdf

Also, google books has an account of their apprehension: http://books.google.com/books?id=Nt...&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=7&ct=result

"An ESMA task force kinapped Monica Mignone the daughter of Lanusse's former education minister, Emilio Mignone, on May 14th 1976. She had been doing Catholic charity work in one of Buenos Aires's slums and also holding a consciousness-raising classes for the poor. On the same day another task-force picked up Maria Vasquez Ocampo, daughter of a diplomat and one of Maria's coworkers, as well as her husband, Cesar Aedeo Lugones....All attempts to locate these women by their fathers was frustrated."

Theoretically, as it was known to have happened at least once, I wonder if Maria and Amadeo might have escaped from the ESMA detention center, or possibly bribed their way out. The resemblance is eerie. This would be an even more tragic ending than I think anyone could have ever imagined. I know it would be unbelievable, unbelievable that they escaped death in Argentina only to be killed in the United States, but I will go on record now that I think this very well could be a match.

Wow, Maria really does look like Jane Doe. I wish we could see a closer picture to see if she has the moles that were so prominent on Jane Doe's face. I am trying to picture her boyfriend with longer hair and w/o glasses to see a better resemblance to John Doe.

Someone e-mailed me a long time ago about the Dirty War in Argentina going on in the 70s, and a possible connection to the Mystery Couple. I never had a chance to look into further. I did say a long time ago though that I thought both of them had a South American look to them. I just haven't searched much in that area because of the comment John Doe made to the guy at the KOA Campground about being from Canada. Of course, that doesn't mean it's necessarily true, it could have just been a story he told the guy.

Good find about Maria.

Okay, I'm not sure what all this says but when I looked up Cesar's name and images, this is what came up.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7SUNA&sa=N

Hi PRD, the first link of my post is to the page on Maria & Cesar that is listed at that particular site, which appears to be a commemoration of victims. If you scroll down you will see the names listed along side of the images, the man on the blue posterboard is not Cesar Amadeo Lugones but Ricardo Cesar Poce. Just to clarify :blowkiss:

The link for Maria & her Cesar at that same site is here (http://www.memoriaabierta.org.ar/pancartas/13556.jpg)

Maria's husband was Cesar Lugones and the one you found was Ricardo Cesar Poce, so I think it's a different person. Interestingly, Poce LOOKS like the South Carolina John Doe!

Also, after reading further it says in one of the articles that Maria gave birth to her son in December 1976 so it definitely isn't our Jane Doe, as they were murdered in August 1976. The resemblance is uncanny though.

Can no one see me ?
I posted a link to the article.
Jane Doe can not be Maria because Maria has been found and identified
Unless it is a different maria (as I said on my previous post)

Can no one see me ?

Yes, I'm sorry Jane, I was just going to post something about the article you posted the link to. I read the articles out of sequence. Thanks for posting the link. Next time I'll read everything in order...LOL... I just got too excited also thinking it could have been a match. :)

I see you. I was just hoping it's not the same one. If you look at the last picture at the bottom, the guy with glasses has very full lips like Jock. Maed said they might have been kidnapped twice.

Lol I was just getting a tad paranoid thinking everyone has me on ignore ! lol

So our Jane Doe isn't Maria.....

Maria from the link I gave was kidnapped and killed but before that gave birth and the son given for adoption...

UNLESS there were TWO Maria's in 1976 that went missing ?
After all the photo in my link looks different to the girl in the photo that was posted to start with (slightly)

Can no one see me ?

I read the article, not sure where you see that she has been identified? Maybe I missed it? From what I can tell she is still "disappeared" and presumed dead. Most of the information on their fates, I gather, is based on the testimony of individuals. I think this deserves further investigation.

ETA: From the caption beneath the photo-

"Maria Vasquez disappeared without trace - but what about her baby?"

I think people assume she is dead ("without a trace") there is no way to verify without her remains.

To compare (sorry for large size):

janedoe.jpg

jondoe-1.jpg

I find the physical similarities chilling. Someone tell me I am insane and to snap out of it, because I am already trying to fit the peices together of how this could possibly have happened. And is it just me or does it appear that MMVO, like Jane Doe, have two moles around her mouth? Am I hallucinating?

I saw a mole on her left side (Jane) and saw a mole on Maria's right. I really think it could be a match though. What could be the harm in finding out? Sometimes things are hard to see in pictures.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back