LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
The absolute only picture of a truck that exists that is wanted for questioning in this case. There is not, nor ever was any other truck as far as everyone should be concerned.
I looked at the Lafayette Transit map just now. There is definitely a bus stop on the corner of ST landry and University. The route seems to going from university (from govt building side) and taking a left onto St John. I see people waiting for the bus all the time in this block, but I do not pay enough attention because I drive. If this route is true, I find it odd that a bus bench would be on the corner with the gas station on both sides. I see buses coming from ST john going up St Landry just like the route MS took ALL THE TIME. I just do not know where the stop is. I know it is not on St John at the University intersect directly diagonal from gas station. There is a wedding dress store on ST JOHN directly across from the gas station. There is not a bus stop on the corners of the consolidated govt building. SO if there is a bus stop at all it must be on the corner bordered on each side by the gas station. Though it does not make sense that in pictures with another truck we did not see anything that looked like light or car behind the trees. Any local know where the bus stop is for buses coming from ST JOHN crossing university and going down St Landry like MS did? I am baffled as to why in one photo we saw nothing behind those trees in the gas station and in the TRUCK OF INTEREST PHOTO we see something. Some people proposed a motorcycle; I did not make that out. It looked to me like a white car; then I looked more closely and it looked like a white bench. A white bench would not move and it would be seen in each picture. shivers....we are looking at something MOVABLE in those bushes at the corner of the gas station in the PHOTO with the truck of interest.

I have followed this case from the beginning but I have had to miss a few pages here and there.

I did not realize that the truck that is following Mickey and the truck we see coming back in front of the Circle K in the opposite direction from Mickey is not the same truck? Really? My head hurts.

ETA: Ok...went back and read some from yesterday (which I had to miss...been sick). Only 1 vehicle of interest...the truck following Mickey. I swear...those trucks look exactly the same to me. But glad we have eliminated all but 1 of the trucks.

Yes schefner, I am afraid so.

Is this truck in this attachment the same as our truck of interest?

Attachments

• uX372.jpg
    uX372.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 45
I really don't see how another day of comparing white trucks is going to find Mickey.

Here's hoping today brings her home or at the very least brings new (actual facts) information to light.

I just realized maybe something others already have, but in case not, I will share what I see. In both our TRUCK OF INTEREST photo and our last spotting of MS, the same cars are at the gas station. Am I to assume that this vehicle was following MS and not in front of her?

If he was in front of her, perhaps the other white truck in this attachment would be involved. just something to speculate; not meaning to start the day with with trucks.

Attachments

• uX372.jpg
    uX372.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 31
Are there any mods here to close this thread and open another one?

Ok. These pictures are close in time. I was trying to figure out which came first. In the pic with truck you see a small black body part to the right; that person is going into Circle K. That person is not seen in MS picture. I think MS rode after this truck of interest. Does anyone agree with me that this truck was not following me; could not be following Mickey. If that truck had been following MS, that person would have been seen clearly going back to his car or entering Circle K.

IS that a person? Could it be anything else?

That person was inside of Circle K when MS went by.
That person was going into Circle K when the truck went by. Can a stalker be looking in the rear view mirror? Could he have stopped and MS ran into him by "accident"; and that is when it all happened?

freaks me out to think she was followed by someone looking in rear view mirror in front of her. Once he knew there were no security cameras he could have grabbed her. Can we tell who is in this truck. Ladies and gentleman, I think this man went up st landry too; and something transpired in those fields.

MS was not followed; she was stalked from someone IN FRONT OF HER.

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 65
  • mickey1.jpeg
    mickey1.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 66
Here is a youtube video to show how strong the current is in the Whiskey Bay Pilot Channel.

http://youtu.be/-JSrs88g4RA

Thanks.

Threads moving so fast, so...

Has anybody answered or speculated:

1) If the bike could have traveled downstream at all based on its location, or was it simply too far out of the water?

2) If the water is fairly deep, why wouldn't the person have just tossed the bike further into the water?

2) If the water is fairly deep, why wouldn't the person have just tossed the bike further into the water?
Maybe they were in a hurry, or maybe they wanted it to be found (for deceptive purposes, etc.)

Imo, the awareness resulting from the Mickey Schunick case will prevent others from facing this same tragedy. There has been multiple abductions prevented in TN, by good samaritans, due to awareness provided by the Holly Bobo abduction 04/13/2011. Every US state has experienced these abductions due to a feeling of contentment or self-satisfaction, especially when coupled with an unawareness of possible danger.
Seems, in every abduction case I see the following comment:

“Things like this just don’t happen around here,” said Laura Ritchey of Scott who sounded as though she was in disbelief. “They just don’t.”

Read more: AcadiaParishToday.com - Acadiana unites in search for missing Lafayette girl Mickey Schunick was last seen early Saturday morning...

http://www.crowleypostsignal.com/pa...684795&instance=secondary_stories_left_column

Ok. These pictures are close in time. I was trying to figure out which came first. In the pic with truck you see a small black body part to the right; that person is going into Circle K. That person is not seen in MS picture. I think MS rode after this truck of interest. Does anyone agree with me that this truck was not following me; could not be following Mickey. If that truck had been following MS, that person would have been seen clearly going back to his car or entering Circle K.

IS that a person? Could it be anything else?

That person was inside of Circle K when MS went by.
That person was going into Circle K when the truck went by. Can a stalker be looking in the rear view mirror? Could he have stopped and MS ran into him by "accident"; and that is when it all happened?

freaks me out to think she was followed by someone looking in rear view mirror in front of her. Once he knew there were no security cameras he could have grabbed her. Can we tell who is in this truck. Ladies and gentleman, I think this man went up st landry too; and something transpired in those fields.

MS was not followed; she was stalked from someone IN FRONT OF HER.

It was my understanding that the picture of her passing on the bike was first, then the truck. I think it's really all hard to tell without timestamps. Wasn't her picture released first?

IMO, she was followed, if the white truck is the perp.

Is it always like that or does it change? The video was uploaded on May 8th, 2011.

I'm really not sure. I read somewhere that the divers and search parties in boats were having trouble searching because the current was so strong. I just wanted to give everyone an idea of how strong it really can be. I'm sure someone on here could give a better answer than I could.

Imo, the awareness resulting from the Mickey Schunick case will prevent others from facing this same tragedy. There has been multiple abductions prevented in TN, by good samaritans, due to awareness provided by the Holly Bobo abduction 04/13/2011. Every US state has experienced these abductions due to a feeling of contentment or self-satisfaction, especially when coupled with an unawareness of possible danger.
Seems, in every abduction case I see the following comment:

“Things like this just don’t happen around here,” said Laura Ritchey of Scott who sounded as though she was in disbelief. “They just don’t.”

Read more: AcadiaParishToday.com - Acadiana unites in search for missing Lafayette girl Mickey Schunick was last seen early Saturday morning...

http://www.crowleypostsignal.com/pa...684795&instance=secondary_stories_left_column
How can this be prevented.

Keeping all friends inside homes at night? having spare beds/couches for strangers to crash on who are coming and going? expanding one's networks within areas that travel just in case they get stranded.

How does anyone prevent someone from stalking them from the rear view mirror? That is a professional PERP IMHO.

It was my understanding that the picture of her passing on the bike was first, then the truck. I think it's really all hard to tell without timestamps. Wasn't her picture released first?

IMO, she was followed, if the white truck is the perp.
Try running these pictures through your head. That truck had to be first. Had to. He had to have stalked her from his rear view mirror for Gods sake. That is why she is not spooked. I would not be spooked by a car traveling ahead of me either; until they stop abruptly, 'making me' hit them.

Maybe they were in a hurry, or maybe they wanted it to be found (for deceptive purposes, etc.)

Imo, when the bike was originally dumped, it was completely submerged & hidden, but due to fallen water levels, revealed itself enough for the observant fishermen to notice it.
Coincidence? Not in my opinion.

Try running these pictures through your head. That truck had to be first. Had to. He had to have stalked her from his rear view mirror for Gods sake. That is why she is not spooked. I would not be spooked by a car traveling ahead of me either; until they stop abruptly, 'making me' hit them.

It was the rear tire of her bike with the damage, according to reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member