George Zimmerman's Injuries #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/cops-witnesses-back-george-zimmermans-version/story?id=16371852

Two police officers reported that when they arrived at the scene of the shooting, Zimmerman seemed to have a battered nose and bloodied face. One wrote that his "facial area was bloodied," and the back of his clothing was soiled with wet grass.

"Zimmerman was also bleeding from the nose and the back of his head," Officer Ricardo Ayala wrote.

Another officer wrote, "I saw that Zimmerman's face was bloodied and it appeared to me that his nose was broken."

From the bit that I have read regarding Zimmerman's injuries it seems to support his claims that his nose was broken ( assuming contained type fracture) and that he suffered injuries during the altercation. I think this will help him a lot. Remember breaks are often not even seen by doctors until after the swelling has subsided; at least in my experience with broken bones.JMHO of course.
ETA: but should add that it does not advance the question of who did what to whom first. Still too many questions.

Yes, but that will make it even more difficult to prove!

The initial conversation was always that for SYG, GZ has to show how he was in fear of his life.

Now with the doc dump, if it can collaborated by more than one witness that they either saw him on the bottom or a person with a red jacket on the bottom, that will go a long way to showing he was in a defensive position.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the whole "career criminal" conversation started with this:

Things just sort of snowballed from there.

I wasn't saying that Trayvon was going to be a career criminal. I meant that he was a young man that might of smoked pot.

That does not make him a career criminal to me. I think he's a young man and may not make the same choices others would make in smoking or not smoking pot.

I was pointing out that we have a man that has openly said he smoked pot and did other drugs, sitting in the White House. He broke the law and did not become a career criminal.

"Houston, he has a problem". The following link is to an article by Associated Press with frontal pics of GZ taken Feb. 27. The article reports the photo was released by the State. I think the State is getting sick of MOM's hijinks! You will be shocked!

www.news.yahoo.com/evidence-mixed-zimmermans-self-defense-claim-073928701.html

It looks like GZ has a swollen nose, bruising, and blood running down the back of his head (after he was "cleaned up" by the EMTs). So what's shocking about a guy who says he was attacked and beaten looking like he was attacked and beaten?

From the article you linked:

Larry Kobilinsky, professor of forensic science at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York, said that after reviewing the evidence, he thinks Zimmerman is in a good position.

"I think the prosecution's case has been seriously diminished by all of this evidence," he said.

It does not matter, according to that law, if GZ had life threatning injuries...only what GZ believed about the danger he was in as TM broke his nose, straddled him and pounded his head into the ground.

"Deadly force is justified if "the person reasonably believes that he or she is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm and that he or she has exhausted every reasonable means to escape such danger other than the use of force which is likely to cause death or great bodily harm to the assailant;"

Witnesses gave statements that GZ was crying for help...TM was not stopping..so all reasonable means were "exhausted." I'm reminded of the movie star (Vanessa redgrave, I think) who died after a fall skiing...it doesn't take much sometimes with head injuries amd you don"t need blood.

"When George Zimmerman tries to convince a judge or jury that he shot Trayvon Martin in self-defense, the evidence he'll be able to call on appears to be a mixed bag."

http://news.yahoo.com/evidence-mixed-zimmermans-self-defense-claim-073928701.html

Well, if it is a 'mixed bag', then the tie goes to the runner. In other words, if it is a tie, then the jury will have reasonable doubts. JMO

This is true. But at this point, I wouldn't even call it a mixed bag. IMO, and IANAL, from a purely legal and evidential standpoint, the defense has the advantage. The biggest hurdle for the defense at this point is finding a jury without bias.

Here is comes:

Frances Robles ‏@RoblesHerald

Discovery in the #Zimmerman case will be released after 5 PM tonight. #trayvon

https://twitter.com/#!/RoblesHerald

Looking at GZ's injuries and looking at his gun is it possible those injuries were caused during a struggle and his gun and holster fell unto the ground and GZ landed on top of it. The injuries and apparent bruising on his head are such an odd shape and not consistent with a straight piece of cement. Could that "hard surface" Gilbreath referred to at the bond hearing have been the gun? I think the marks on his head are interesting when you look at the pictures of the gun. I see nothing in the area of where TM's body was found that would cause those shapes of GZ's injuries???? It's just a thought. jmo

Still waiting to see photos of Zimmerman with two black eyes. His eyes are not black at all in the photos released. Have others been released?

Still waiting to see photos of Zimmerman with two black eyes. His eyes are not black at all in the photos released. Have others been released?
Here is one of his nose and no black eyes and that does not look like a punch injury to me. IMO

gnose.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/17/george-zimmerman-photos_n_1526045.html

I am on the hunt for whether or not a tox was done on George. And are there photos of him in his clothing that he was wearing when he shot TM? Like full length?

Do we know whether those are the clothes he was wearing before he changed?
Yes, the officer who took the pictures said they are and after they took the pictures they waited for his wife to get him new clothes to change into then they put those clothes into evidence. Let me find the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73