TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine knowing the blood is Holly's would cause them to regroup; I think they probably assumed it was anyway, and we don't know either way. Why stop searching because of results from the blood, no matter whose it is?

if anything, knowing the blood was NOT hers could give them a pause. If the blood came back to a specific person in the LE database then LE would focus on that person in particular versus tromping around in the woods on a wild goose chase.

I'm actually wondering if the blood was either NOT Holly's or was not from a person. Otherwise, you would think that they would not need to go into a different direction.

Assuming that LE probably assumed the small amount of blood was Holly's in the first place, if it did come back and confirm that, why would they go in a different direction?? Makes more sense to me that it was either not hers or came from an animal.

Someone help me out. When has such a hot case run cold with investigators (without a body or suspect)? Why stop a search in the early stages unless they feel there's no longer a need to search. This confuses me, because they then say they need searchers on Friday.

I'm not going to get much sleep tonight!

Could it be weather-related? Are they expecting severe weather to move into the area tomorrow?

Sorry if this has been covered...I haven't read all the threads. Do we know how far her brother was from where she was dragged out? I don't understand if he saw her being dragged out, why not run out or drive his car/atv as soon as he saw her being dragged off? Also, has it been confirmed that the brother saw her being dragged out but proceeded to eat his bowl of cereal before calling the cops? I can't discern what are rumors and what is fact. I am not trying to speak ill of the brother. I am just trying to understand why he didn't try to run after her if he saw the abduction.

Rumor

But I read they had to turn away hundreds? Can't they bring some of those folks in? How about the military (ie, Hailey Dunn).

People (although not many) still search for Hailey everyday. I just can't see turning away all of them.

hugs,

Mel

True, but think of the man power involved to make sure everyone was a fresh volunteer. Would not be surprised if Nat. Gaurd is brought in. I really think they are worried about possible liabilty. This ongoing for a week, I'm sure many of the same people have been out there daily. The heart is in the right place but the body can take only so much. Needs a rest. I have an understanding as to the conditions they are searching in. It's not a stroll in the big beautiful forrest. It s*cks! LOL! It's hot, humid, sweaty, makes you dizzy and weak, bugs, scratches, cuts, nausea, weakness. It's tough work going through hot humid forrest. I think this was a very public comminity type concern for health and wellbeing. hugs back :)

if anything, knowing the blood was NOT hers could give them a pause. If the blood came back to a specific person in the LE database then LE would focus on that person in particular versus tromping around in the woods on a wild goose chase.

This is my gut reaction, or maybe my wishful thinking. Having the perp's DNA would be a big break.

I'm actually wondering if the blood was either NOT Holly's or was not from a person. Otherwise, you would think that they would not need to go into a different direction.

Assuming that LE probably assumed the small amount of blood was Holly's in the first place, if it did come back and confirm that, why would they go in a different direction?? Makes more sense to me that it was either not hers or came from an animal.

This makes sense to me. I'm calming down now:great: If the blood is not hers, that would make a difference in the investigation, but only if the blood is not in some sort of database, right? If the blood is from a person in the database, that would definately change the search.

Could it be weather-related? Are they expecting severe weather to move into the area tomorrow?

I think there is a 60% chance of rain tomorrow but no talk last time I heard of severe weather. Of course, in West TN it can happen in a few minutes. Last night we had tornado warnings everywhere.

prime news just tweeted that they have the phone lines open to take questions on the Holly Bobo case

http://twitter.com/#!/HLNPrimeNews

Pat Brown tweets she will be on nancy tonight to cover the case

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Criminal-Profiler-Pat-Brown/387068190642

for those who want to watch the shows they usually will stream live here (they are not currently broadcasting):
http://www.ustream.tv/user/timer55

if you want to complain about nancy grace there is a thread to do so in the parking lot
eta: we do not do it here

perhaps LE's "regrouping" for a day - and with regard to searchers - is a decision to relocate/change the major search area.

Perhaps information or leads LE may have gotten yesterday/today or via roadblocks, etc. could call for a change in search venue.

I don't think its animal blood, fake blood, etc. Thats a TV hokey ploy. Whoever did this wasnt kidding around or trying to frighten anyone. He was there to nab Holly and not leave potential evidence or anything behind.

So... the blood is hers (would not tell us anything) or his (maybe he got cut, bit, scratched) in the assault. In that case LE can do several things. THey would look for a match in the offender data base. If the suspect had submitted a DNA sample for some sort of prior he would be in the system. OR LE could, possibly, try to obtain DNA samples from a possible suspect. i.e. the cops suspected someone they might try to get a DNA sample to see if it matched the blood.

perhaps LE's "regrouping" for a day - and with regard to searchers - is a decision to relocate/change the major search area.

Perhaps information or leads LE may have gotten yesterday/today or via roadblocks, etc. could call for a change in search venue.

exactly what I am thinking Emma..

no way they could clear Natchez in a few days.... meaning they may have other areas they may want to concentrate on after a "regrouping"

I thought today was Thursday:loser:
I thought it was Friday :banghead: ......seriously, my daughter & I both did. Anyway.....

Last night I was leaning towards LE might have an idea who took her but now......starting to wonder if they've pretty much got most of the people in the area accounted for......in other words......no other locals reported "missing" or any of them "acting strange". And, anyone they "may" have suspected ruled out for the most part.

The other thing, and a few others here have mentioned it previously, is there doesn't seem to be any mention anywhere on the internet, or in the media, of Holly having any problems, suspicions, fears, nasty break-ups, etc. which, as we know, do tend to start leaking out in situations like this.

LE may be moving more towards "this wasn't a local" which unfortunately, in my opinion, ups the odds this may not have a good outcome. I'm hanging tight on to HOPE but admittedly am feeling more and more discouraged.....sigh.

My thoughts are exactly as above. If blood is Holly's then nothing has changed, and no reason to follow to "new leads". Am so hoping that it does belong to the perp for more reasons than the obvious.

Talking about the brother on prime time. Saying he is having a hard time.

I don't think its animal blood, fake blood, etc. Thats a TV hokey ploy. Whoever did this wasnt kidding around or trying to frighten anyone. He was there to nab Holly and not leave potential evidence or anything behind.

So... the blood is hers (would not tell us anything) or his (maybe he got cut, bit, scratched) in the assault. In that case LE can do several things. THey would look for a match in the offender data base. If the suspect had submitted a DNA sample for some sort of prior he would be in the system. OR LE could, possibly, try to obtain DNA samples from a possible suspect. i.e. the cops suspected someone they might try to get a DNA sample to see if it matched the blood.
bbm... ITA

and I tend to think a knife or something sharp was involved... because a scratch will generally not cause blood to drip down....enough for the brother to see and alarm him.. someone was hit or sliced in this situation.. just my gut feeling...

aside: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/TIMER55
they are streaming now prime news...

hln: blood was found in the car port.. cannot talk about it

lunch box.. hoping they have evidence on the lunchbox that can connect to the case

saying lunch box was recoverd. Does have results back from blood in carport. Can't elaboraet on it but it was blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member