UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree 100%, What is up with Nancy? This is really a far cry from what she normally does. The Tiger story is cool and almost cold. Sheen is the typical celeb domestic story . . . What about Susan? Today was the day of the national blitz. Don't get it.

Something must be going on with the programing department of her show.

Don't know if their ratings took a hit and so they are trying to cover more celeb stories or what but something is going on behind the scenes of that show. No doubt.

Let's hope tomorrow she covers Susan. Maybe by then we will have some new tips.

On Nancy Grace's FB page, the comments are almost 100 percent in :
Don't talk about Tiger anymore or Charlie S. There are missing people out there and unsolved cases.
So, I don't think we are alone in thinking NG has gone off base and I also
am thinking that no one is reading her FB comments and no one is reading emails.

Speaking on NG - I just don't watch her anymore. If I hear one more story on TW or the Sheen's I'll scream. And Jane - I don't get her. Some of her shows are really good, while others I sit scratching my head. It's kind of a hit and miss. Then there's Joy Baher - she touches on some interesting topics too, but then goes on to tabloid stuff. I think I'll stick to this MB. You all provide more information than all 3 shows put together!

Hugs,

Mel

Hey All,

Reading up a little here about your discussion re: NG -- I could not agree with you more. There have been several cases out there not getting any or very little attention from NG. REAL STORIES. REAL PEOPLE. They are turning a show that has the potential to help people who have been victims of crime etc into celebrity smut coverage. IMHO. I am going to guess the ratings were high during the Caylee coverage and then just dropped off. The networks are getting hammered by Fox News. What they are missing is that it is THEIR job to make us the viewers interested in a story!!! What happend to them actually putting a little effort, research into a story and break some news???Instead, they rehash the same thing over and over that we all read online during the daytime when it was breaking news ...sheesh... I haven't read Susan entire thread but I could imagine yall have come up with some info that viewers would be interested in!

What ever happend to Greta covering these types of cases? I haven't watched the tv in awhile, it makes my blood pressure rise and I am only 30! She was all over scott peterson and joran vander sloot - has she given Susan any coverage??

-- I found an EXCELLENT media link for contacts. I don't think I have ever seen actual phone number before and I have looked. It has the contact people at the different netorks and their email. This contacts in here the best I have seen ever -- better than the basic email such as news@newschannel.com !!!

http://www.cabletvadbureau.com/html/03conf/expo_networks.htm

Re: NG

I refuse to watch that ridiculous show anymore. First watching her disgusting display of pampering and coddling Shaniya Davis' father, then her obsession with Tiger Woods when there are SO MANY cases out there just BEGGING for some airplay...IMO she is a joke.

Random thought:

I've been thinking about how there's been no push by LE or friends/family of Susan to get pics/info of Josh's van out there. No clear description, no photos, no anything. I think there's a definite reason behind it. I just wish I could figure out what that reason is.

There is a reason behind it. I don't know what it is but I am sure its a good one. A trusted source told me that LE specifically asked people not to publicly talk about his vehicle or show pictures. I am sure they are planning on tracking it or want Josh to feel like there isn't any heat on himself so he gets comfortable and then they can catch him in a false sense of security when he slips up.

Thanks suzyq for the link, I signed it immediately! Unfortunately I don't twitter... I wish they had a "share it on Facebook" option- that I could and would do!

JennaLee, I think you are right. I think the reason is because they are hoping he revisits the dump site, and they want him to use the vehicle that they know is his so they can follow it (they should have a bug transmitter on it; that's been done before).

BTW I am brand-new to WS. Have read most of the five Susan P. threads, skimmed some earlier ones to catch up the last couple nights. There is an old saying that I think is very applicable to JP: "If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck."

In the last couple of years I have watched every true-crime murder mystery episode I find on the cable channels, from "American Justice" hosted by Bill Kurtis (my fav), to "48 hours Mystery", "Forensic Files", "Cold Case Files", etc. There are elements from many of these past murder investigations that make JP look so guilty it's not even funny. As someone has already said here, this is a text-book case of "when hubby snapped."

But the biggest issue I think the police have to deal with is THEY HAVE NO BODY! So they can't even say it's a murder investigation! All they can do is say they "suspect foul play." I recall two cases that bear POSSIBLE similarities. One was the murder of a prominent attorney by her husband (from a city in the south USA). They never could find her body! Finally, years later, they finally convicted the husband, and here is how: The husband's father confessed to driving south to meet his son, taking the body of the wife, and he stashed it in a branch pile of a logging operation, where it was shortly burned along with the branch pile. Pray that's not what happened here. They have to be able to present evidence to a jury that convinces them "beyond a reasonable doubt", as everyone knows. And sometimes it's just better to wait for the better evidence than to jump the gun prematurely on flimsy circumstantial evidence (we all know what defense attorneys will do to explain everything away.)

In another case in the northeast USA, the husband confessed to disposing of the dismembered torso of his wife by pushing it in a sled through the snow (it actually got away from him and he had to run after it). But he simply pushed the sled into some undergrowth. A week or so later he went back and dug a shallow grave so the remains wouldn't be found after the snow melted. Other wife-murderers have also been found out because they went back to check on the burial site to make sure it hadn't been disturbed, or to look again at how well it blended in, etc. Suffice to say that JP needs to be closely monitored.

The lack of progress is frustrating to perfect strangers of SP, so all of her family, friends and even acquaintances have my most heartfelt sympathy. We could be in for a long wait for justice.

I watched an episode of 48 hours Hard Evidence last night and a man killed his wife, buried her on land that he owned, later went back dug her up and stored her in a storage unit. Her body stayed there until years later when the case was reopened. He had already moved to another state and remarried. He returned to town, went to the storage unit, cut her remains into parts and dumped her in the landfill. Her body was never found but he ended up confessing at the end. He received only five years for Reckless Homicide in return for confessing. He only had to serve three years.

OKand3J's I have read before where it was said he controlled what she ate. Could you explain a little bit about this? What could she eat and what things could she not eat? Did he also control what the children could eat also or was it just Susan? Also, if there were certain things she was not allowed to have, did he follow the same rules?

VB

Unlike OKand3J's, I have no personal knowledge of Susan's situation. However, I was (briefly) married to a controller, and my guess is that the foods he didn't want her to eat were related to a wish to control her weight. Many controllers belittle women for gaining even small amounts of weight. This is speculation and JMO.

There is a reason behind it. I don't know what it is but I am sure its a good one. A trusted source told me that LE specifically asked people not to publicly talk about his vehicle or show pictures. I am sure they are planning on tracking it or want Josh to feel like there isn't any heat on himself so he gets comfortable and then they can catch him in a false sense of security when he slips up.

I find that very hard to believe that the police would ask people not to show pictures of his Van. The police have put the heat on him from the start and call him a person of interest. They would never have done that if they wanted him to be confident they were not looking at him.

Speaking on NG - I just don't watch her anymore. If I hear one more story on TW or the Sheen's I'll scream. And Jane - I don't get her. Some of her shows are really good, while others I sit scratching my head. It's kind of a hit and miss. Then there's Joy Baher - she touches on some interesting topics too, but then goes on to tabloid stuff. I think I'll stick to this MB. You all provide more information than all 3 shows put together!

Hugs,

Mel

Oh Lord don't even get me started on Joy lolol!!! :sick: :banghead:

I watched an episode of 48 hours Hard Evidence last night and a man killed his wife, buried her on land that he owned, later went back dug her up and stored her in a storage unit. Her body stayed there until years later when the case was reopened. He had already moved to another state and remarried. He returned to town, went to the storage unit, cut her remains into parts and dumped her in the landfill. Her body was never found but he ended up confessing at the end. He received only five years for Reckless Homicide in return for confessing. He only had to serve three years.

So he doesn't even disclose location of her body and cuts a deal like that, a little slap--more like a tap--on the wrist! :furious:

:parrot:

Hey, I am glad others here agree about NG. I am so disappointed in her show now, and I used to be such a fan. The above poster was correct - the ratings went up with Casey Anthony - she developed a fan base, and recently started with the tabloid jazz. I loved watching and finding out about the status of new and old cases.
Now, I do not even watch.
I have an idea - is there anyone out there who can start a new show? I'm kidding, but it would be awesome.
Until then, I will stick with these forums, as I get more and the latest info here.:eek:

That channel 2 "blue hat" interview video that JennaLee kindly reposted at [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4637803&postcount=249"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - UT-Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City; thread #5[/ame] contains many inconsistencies. At the same 4:24 mark where the reporter questions Josh about not feeling well, he also inquires what time she went to bed "We've heard it was around 5that night." Josh replies, "No, she went to bed that night." OUTRIGHT LIE!!! JoVonna already told us that she went to lie down around 5. Regardless of how she was feeling, Josh is denying that she went to bed early!

O/T I'm all on board with ya'll about NG. I cried the day that CourtTV changed their format, because all the best crime shows (including NG) were right there. Then Greta went and changed her format gradually to politics during the 2008 presidential race. I haven't watched NG, JVM in months now...if I want the best celebrity coverage, I refer to TMZ.com. The best source of information for unsolved crimes is online, and I'm sticking with Websleuths -- Tricia, you've got yourself a nice niche that NG is providing for you!

Have Kirk and Jennifer Graves (JP's sis and bro-in-law) said anything lately? I know they were talking early on, but if they've said anything recently, I've missed it.

His mom has never spoken, correct? Think there are possible threats if they do open their mouths?

Thanks suzyq for the link, I signed it immediately! Unfortunately I don't twitter... I wish they had a "share it on Facebook" option- that I could and would do!

Thanks! Actually, the link to the petition is on a Facebook group page, "No Freedom for Pedophiles". You can share it from there. I hope I can say that?

Hey, I am glad others here agree about NG. I am so disappointed in her show now, and I used to be such a fan. The above poster was correct - the ratings went up with Casey Anthony - she developed a fan base, and recently started with the tabloid jazz. I loved watching and finding out about the status of new and old cases.
Now, I do not even watch.
I have an idea - is there anyone out there who can start a new show? I'm kidding, but it would be awesome.
Until then, I will stick with these forums, as I get more and the latest info here.:eek:

Interesting you mention starting a new show!!! I think a channel covering UNSOLVED crimes running 24 hours a day would be an amazing thing! Think about how many people would get coverage-- all the crimes that never get an ouce of media and some with NO help from LE!! They NEED help! - I have met ALOT of amazing people here seeking help for their unsolved crimes--and I have been touched at how well members come together to help -- Heck, we know a news channel would create a TON of jobs!!! I have thought about this before and might be in a position in the future but I also have other projects I want to dive into - one being a watchdog group that rates judges on their rulings against people that commit crimes against children.

In any case, NG and her producers need to put their head back into the sunshine - they have a GREAT opportunity and they are missing what is right there in front of their face. If the Susan Powell case could get as much coverage as the Laci Peterson - that would be EXCELLENT - along with all the other missing people cases. I think the media does help in these cases, they really put the fire to the rear of some of these perps!!!

That channel 2 "blue hat" interview video that JennaLee kindly reposted at Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - UT-Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City; thread #5 contains many inconsistencies. At the same 4:24 mark where the reporter questions Josh about not feeling well, he also inquires what time she went to bed "We've heard it was around 5that night." Josh replies, "No, she went to bed that night." OUTRIGHT LIE!!! JoVonna already told us that she went to lie down around 5. Regardless of how she was feeling, Josh is denying that she went to bed early!

O/T I'm all on board with ya'll about NG. I cried the day that CourtTV changed their format, because all the best crime shows (including NG) were right there. Then Greta went and changed her format gradually to politics during the 2008 presidential race. I haven't watched NG, JVM in months now...

(snip) Yes, I have more respect for GVS tho for the direction she took ie at least it was politics... vs tabloid junk! :sheesh:

Interesting you mention starting a new show!!! I think a channel covering UNSOLVED crimes running 24 hours a day would be an amazing thing! Think about how many people would get coverage-- all the crimes that never get an ouce of media and some with NO help from LE!! They NEED help! - I have met ALOT of amazing people here seeking help for their unsolved crimes--and I have been touched at how well members come together to help -- Heck, we know a news channel would create a TON of jobs!!! I have thought about this before and might be in a position in the future but I also have other projects I want to dive into - one being a watchdog group that rates judges on their rulings against people that commit crimes against children.

In any case, NG and her producers need to put their head back into the sunshine - they have a GREAT opportunity and they are missing what is right there in front of their face. If the Susan Powell case could get as much coverage as the Laci Peterson - that would be EXCELLENT - along with all the other missing people cases. I think the media does help in these cases, they really put the fire to the rear of some of these perps!!!

(bbm) Exactly! Kinda like Cold Case Files... only before they get cold! :rolleyes: :banghead:

(snip) Yes, I have more respect for GVS tho for the direction she took ie at least it was politics... vs tabloid junk! :sheesh:

(bbm) Exactly! Kinda like Cold Case Files... only before they get cold! :rolleyes: :banghead:

WEBSLEUTH TV! Law enforcement would just love a bunch of amateurs dabbling in their cases on national television ;)

K FOCUS kiki back to dad.....

ani_thinkingcap.gif

What footage or photos of SP do we even have? This guy's shunned cameras altogether, and shied away from ANY media who might capture his face from the start IMO. PLEASE tell me what this man drives. PLEASE lemme plaster HIS face--w photo of HIS vehicle or loaner--on fliers and splash that across the internet, I'll give you a media blitz... :biggrin:

:banghead:

Suzyq- I am unable to find the Facebook group that you mentioned. Can you post a link? Thanks~ Katrina

K FOCUS kiki back to dad.....

ani_thinkingcap.gif

What footage or photos of SP do we even have? This guy's shunned cameras altogether, and shied away from ANY media who might capture his face from the start IMO. PLEASE tell me what this man drives. PLEASE lemme plaster HIS face--w photo of HIS vehicle or loaner--on fliers and splashed across the internet, I'll show you a media blitz... :biggrin:

:banghead:

I agree 100%, but I can't find anything on this guy. Was he ever captured on film? Found some documents on the Pierce County auditor website and a few other sites with the name Steve Powell, but nothing to confirm it is him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSmurf1