2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep hearing how they are all desperately trying to avoid appeal issues- that would seem like a sure thing taking homeless addicted people. They are going to have to do some serious screening of them. There are thousands of other citizens they can use, or they could always go back to Orlando.

I was thinking the same thing. I did a school paper once on the "Deinstitutionalization of the Mentally Ill", and as I recall, homelessness is not infrequently caused by mental illness in people. Now granted, they don't perform psych evaluations on jurors that are culled through the normal jury selection, so there's no guarantee that jurors from ANY source are mentally healthy. BUT I would predict that there are MORE people with mental illnesses that are in homeless shelters, than are generally found in regular renting/owning/housing lifestyles. Not to mention drug addiction, the costs of which I think put people into situations such as homelessness.

Maybe they should offer subsidies for childcare and pet care for these extended sequestered jurors. Or even just pay them more.

She lives with her parents, she needs to stay!!! :)

:twocents: Wouldnt it be wonderful IF the Sherrif Department or Courts had a list of people willing to foster some animals for a month or two for the Courts??? I am sure IF they could offer this sort of service at a nominal fee, it would make a process like this so much more simple...:seeya:

Mason trying like heck to change this lady's mind, but he wanted the guy whose business in Kansas City that failed and had to move back in with his parents to not worry about defaulting on his student loans and credit cards!!

<Unusual person>!!

The DT wants men, no women -- definitely no young single mothers or gma's -- and he wants minorities . . . Jury makes the case

Haha How ironic a young woman who lives with parents and pays for her own school and GAS.

didn't understand the guy that was living with his parents after recently moving here. He had no job, no money,and was living with parents, seems a perfect fit to go. Was he excused?

He sounded like he was depressed, sounds like he was at the end of his rope that the last thing he wanted to do was move back home with his mom and dad. YMMV - he just sounded like he was trying to make his life work and had a setback. I dunno if I'd want him on a jury, his mind would be elsewhere.

Wow...they get $30 a day? That's better than the $10 I got! Now I'm jealous!

A teacher is good to have on this jury. They'll see right through the B/S about Casey's graduating "story" that Cindy likes to blame on the school.

LOL!!! She's perfect, Mason...leave her alone.............

I like that Juror teacher well spoken. Cm didn't seem to want him.

CM seems to ask repetitive questions on hardship when he doesn't want them.. It's like he's saying "Are you SURE you don't mind losing money and freedom and accepting a huge amount of hassles and missing out on all life experiences for 8 weeks?" :rolleyes:

I keep hearing how they are all desperately trying to avoid appeal issues- that would seem like a sure thing taking homeless addicted people. They are going to have to do some serious screening of them. There are thousands of other citizens they can use, or they could always go back to Orlando.

Not just addicted, but these guys are really ~off~. The crazies that walk the street all day, ride the bus all day? Those types. How can they sit still for 6-8 weeks and analyze all the information? How do you know that they're not going to have outbursts (many are schizophrenic)? I don't see this working out, tbh.

Furthermore, it's insulting to say that you need an ethnic mix in your jury pool, so you'd like to troll the local homeless shelter. WOW, JB, really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4