Will Casey face probation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Casey's total days in jail at the time of sentencing on the lying charges was slightly over 1000 days.

Her sentence on the lying charges was 1460 days.

WTH?

And that 1000 days was inclusive of the 412 days of the check fraud sentence. Right??.

I still think this whole Kc "sighting" was staged. Seems very fishy to me. Why is she walking alone? She doesn't seem nervous at all despite her lawyers saying over and over again they fear for her safety.

TMZ also said they have a video of KC getting off a plane holding a Corona. IMO that just can't be a coincidence that they have that video and now these pics. I really think this was all staged so KC could put some money in her pocket JMO..

Diane Dimond and JVM apparently are not aware that Florida law states that verbal sentencing takes precedence over written sentencing if there is a discrepancy. Also, probation is supposed to be "tolled" if the convict is being held on other charges. Read R. Hornsby's blog - he goes over this is nice detail about what the Florida law is regarding all of this.

Diane Dimond and JVM and the truth are strangers.:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

People do not become judges by blindly signing papers put in front of them. He, not understaffing, or time limitations, is to blame. It is part of their job to read the endless paperwork . If he can't stand the heat, he should get out of the kitchen.

I doubt he read the paper work. The reality is truth. The courts are rushed do to understaffing. He would get a many page document. And just sign it do to time limitations on his work day. Just how many more judges would be needed at what cost, if they took the time to read the endless paper work?

And that 1000 days was inclusive of the 412 days of the check fraud sentence. Right??.

Right.

The 412 days for the fraud convictions, the one year probation, and the 1,460 days for the lying convictions were all taken care if in less than 1,100 days.

(I think Casey's total was 1,007 days in jail but I am not sure the exact number.)

She was arrested, out on bail, re-arrested, and then the convictions, probation, etc. enter in. I can see how a calculation error was made and how things got confusing/overlooked. What I cannot see is just letting it go!

Hey since the calculations on the lying charges could be wrong, and since she didn't serve all of her time, the judge could say OK back to jail or order 2 years supervised probation.

The fact that a probation officer only visited her once in 12 months is questionable. I hope the judge demands to see the probation records.

PLUS PLUS........They can't have it both ways.......(the DT) IF she truely was on probation during time served.....did they do drug testing? Plus she DID violate probation....she was writing to a convicted felon "cookie" so she violated her probation or probation was not performed properly.

Can you picture this? The probation officer saying they did there job, by keeping Casey away from drugs. Even though Casey got drugs prescribed in jail. How about from felons? Like the felons she talked to. And broke jail rules with? Oh just pass that one, right? Work for Casey? They did not want her to suffer mental rejection. So scratch that one. How about a jail being a private residency? Go figure here. I thought the jails were public property. I must be wrong, right?

That was some neat probation press conference this morning. The top level woman boss. And any real question asked was always answered the same way. "I have to go check on that. I will get back to you later, maybe." Apart from giving out Casey's name and a reporting time, she told the public nothing. Like we have a right to know, right? It is all so sick!!! But you think the probation boss would know something of what her office does. And the rules. Not in Florida!!! Heck she did not even know the way a "normal" probationary person has to enter her building. Go figure.......:banghead::banghead::banghead:

yes but respectfully speaking, isnt smuggling letters( hello cookie?) against the rules, hence NOT good behavior? also ( someone?) smuggled her a rubber (caylee type cause) bracelet too?? that was "contraband" and that too( if im not mistaken) is not good behavior...i mean ive never been in jail or prision, but ive known enough people that say certain things are not allowed, including personal effects, even a rubber bracelet( no telling what that can be used for, harm to self, or craft into a weapon, they get very resourcefull in there w/ what little they have)
so to recap, if smuggling bracelets, ie contraband in to her, and getting the guards to bend the rules for her( letters, someone said let her out of cell to visit w/ ?cookie?iirc) thats model, good behavior? im confused..

Did any of those things result in new charges or a violation of the law? Or were they just rule violations that were dealt with on the jail level? My understanding is that the jail said she was a model prisoner during her stay at the Graybar Hotel of Orlando. The probation dept was certainly made aware of any infractions and they seemingly did not amount to much of anything.

Hey since the calculations on the lying charges could be wrong, and since she didn't serve all of her time, the judge could say OK back to jail or order 2 years supervised probation.

The fact that a probation officer only visited her once in 12 months is questionable. I hope the judge demands to see the probation records.

I hope the judge checks the math as well.

The probation officer met with her in person once, and they say followed up with phone calls. The probation officer knew Casey Anthony was incarcerater, therefore, to meet with her in person, would have to go to the Orange County Jail. The phone calls should count, as probation officers have huge leeway to set their own meeting rules. But, if they don't, it is the probation officer who would be at fault, not Casey Anthony.

People do not become judges by blindly signing papers put in front of them. He, not understaffing, or time limitations, is to blame. It is part of their job to read the endless paperwork . If he can't stand the heat, he should get out of the kitchen.

Judge Strickland did. He got off the case early. He could have stayed on after his "blogger" goof. Maybe a purposeful goof. And sure made sure the case would not come back his way by going on Nancy Grace.

If the calculations were indeed truly wrong, then yes they would have the ability to remand her if they so choose.

I don't think the frequency of visits by probation will have any affect on the judge at all. It's not his place to tell the probation department how to do their job because that is dictated by manpower and resources. All the judge can do is generate the order and hope that the DOC follows through to the best of their ability. if they only can afford 1 probation officer and they have 200,000 people on probation they can only see them so often, KWIM? Since th DOC released her, they feel as though her probation requirements were met.
IOW< the judge can't say they didn't do a good job,so the DOC must police themselves.

a judge can order Lindsay Lohan to serve 10 days in jail. But the DOC can release her after 3 days and say the jails are overcrowded and she behaved well or whatever and they are within their rights to do so. Now sometimes a judge will say they cannot be released early very specifically in the order and the DOC must comply. but they typically don't write that because they have to let each department run the way they must.

My understanding was that the other 6/7 charges were adjucated (dropped) when she completes probation. Looks like a win-win again.

Now my next question will be why didn't she have the tax deducted from the extortion money of 200 grand she was paid for Pics of Caylee? I know they give you an option. Does she also win this one? I bet some of that money is being held in an account for her by the lawyers.

......and to think there are fools sending her money.

You guys remember that jail days are not always 24 hour periods of time.
If there was an 11pm Friday intake
12:30 am release Saturday
that would equal 2 days even though it is literally 1 1/2 hours. Any portion of a day in jail is a full day. this factors in when doing the calculations to a small degree.

I'm betting this family has received close to a million dollars and it's still rolling in...

I hope the judge checks the math as well.

The judge doesn't really check the math, he gets the figure given to him from the DOC. The DOC does the calculating and the state and the defense look at it and see if they have any issues or questions.

I doubt there was any visit by a P.O. This was all executed on paper...and it would be interesting to know when.

IIRC, the Debra Lafavre case went the same way. That girl was a real beauty. I never did see the fuss about this one's looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine