LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for what I was saying on the other thread about industries that hire contractors that may travel - these companies generally do not do background checks. As long as a person can pass a drug test, they will be hired.

Just had a terrible storm where I am, so I had a chance to sit and just look at the pictures of Mickey on her bike in front of Circle K, and also the white truck at the same spot. I noticed something that stood out to me, and even though we have no time stamps on those two photos that I'm aware of, take a look in the background, the same vehicle is at the same pump. When Mickey passes there, that white truck has to be right behind her, because it doesn't take that long to get gas. I did three overlays, you'll see what I'm saying. Also, one of your posters put up the photo of something else circled in the one picture, it looks to me like a motorcycle sitting at the light, ready to turn right. It's only on the picture with the truck passing, so that person may have noticed the white truck. Hope this helps to understand just how closely this white truck guy was following Mickey.

I noticed that too!! All of the same vehicles so it had to be a very small window of time that they both passed that spot.

Also, as for the marijuana angle - generally, these exchanges will either occur at the dealer's home or at a gas station or car wash.

4,383 WS posts on the "Missing Persons Discussion" Mickey threads, and still no Mickey.

Praying we have a break in the case soon.

question? Who is certain that a serial killer will never change their patterns or methods when committing their crimes? I've read where they've studied other serial killers. It's not too far-fetched to imagine that one could come along and change it up because they think profilers aren't expecting them to change the way they operate. :waitasec:

Hi Woe! I am not sure what you mean???

BW said her route should have been :
1. rt parkside
2. lft congress
3. left st mary
4. to johnson or st landry - to get on bikepath to cajundome bvd.

But she obviously did not do that. I suffice it to say that instead of taking a completely opposite and different route (st john to st landry t oazalea to congress) that she merged what BW thought she did but switched the first half of her ride until she got to st landry. From St landry, I hate to say it but I think she was going to coliseum blvd and cajundome in those desolate fields.

I'm not saying you're wrong -- BUT it could easily take 10-15 minutes to get gas at that store, especially if you're paying by cash, because you have to go in and pay first.

Judging by the fact that you can't see someone standing by the car in the pic of Mickey, but you can see someone standing by the car in the pic of the truck leaving, I'm thinking that the driver went inside to pay. Depending on how fast the pump is working and how much you're putting in, you can assume it takes 2-4 minutes to go inside and pay, and another 3-5 to pump. So we could be looking at a window of about 10 minutes.

AFAIK, they haven't released any information about her sightings other than the two photos of her on her bike.

Earlier on (May 23rd or 24th) LE commented that there was video from "inside a structure" that showed someone riding a bicycle that *could* be Mickey. The location was not revealed and I don't believe it was subsequently clarified if that video was cleaned up and ended up to be one of the 2 images that are now in circulation, or if it was from a third location. It sounded as if that camera may have just caught the wheels of a bicycle and not the rider from its vantage point inside a foyer or lobby.

Been bottle feeding preemie kittens and following along....

There has to be more video/pics LE is not sharing. How far apart are these cameras? I wish they would definitely say if that's the LAST pic of her or not.

There has to be more video/pics LE is not sharing. How far apart are these cameras? I wish they would definitely say if that's the LAST pic of her or not.

I totally agree. I just wish I knew why.

BW said her route should have been :
1. rt parkside
2. lft congress
3. left st mary
4. to johnson or st landry - to get on bikepath to cajundome bvd.

But she obviously did not do that. I suffice it to say that instead of taking a completely opposite and different route (st john to st landry t oazalea to congress) that she merged what BW thought she did but switched the first half of her ride until she got to st landry. From St landry, I hate to say it but I think she was going to coliseum blvd and cajundome in those desolate fields.

No, BW never said that she would take Parkside to Congress, he had specifically said at one point that she didn't do that. One of the first maps that the news broadcasted last week said that she would typically take a left from Ryan St. to Parkside, then turn Right onto St. John (which turns into St. Landry), and onto Coliseum to the bike path. Then she'd go to Congress, turn left and continue straight until she got to the neighborhood between Guilbeau and Amabassador Caffery, she would cut through there and go straight through the light on Bonaire.

If she turned on to Congress from Parkside, there would be no need to go down St. Mary or Cajundome Blvd, she'd already be on the street that would get her home.

I totally agree. College kids do not have to go to the seedy parts of town in the middle of the night to score weed. They can buy it from their friends or co-workers or barristas. And I really doubt that she was worried about buying pot at 2 am when she had a bunch of family functions the next morning. She was on her way to he parents home to sleep.
i have to respectfully disagree, as i have once been a college student, not too terribly long ago. as were many of my friends. although terribly terribly foolish, i know quite a few young college girls that went to dangerous parts of town in pursuit of recreational drugs.

Bottle feeding preemie kittens?? You're my new best friend :loveyou:

I agree that LE must be keeping a few things to themselves. It's frustrating because I feel like I've worn out all my speculations, but I'm trying to have faith in them.

I'm not saying you're wrong -- BUT it could easily take 10-15 minutes to get gas at that store, especially if you're paying by cash, because you have to go in and pay first.

True, but for all three vehicles to be there, that leads me to believe it was a short period of time. I have a hard time believing that all three would spend more than five minutes at the gas station.

You mentioned getting permission to distribute the flyer, so should I wait to post on FB then?

I don't know. I just sent the detective the info 10 minutes ago.

After speaking with them twice, if they didn't want the info spread, they should have called me back, seems to me - though they have a lot of tips to go through.

The thing is - this is a local car - by getting it out there, SOMEONE knows who he is!

By not getting it out there, more time goes by with a bad description of the car.

Seems to be if they didn't want the car ID-ed, they shouldn't have released ANY description.

What do y'all think? Don't they want the car ID-ed - shown by them describing it?

For what it's worth, I've been to Artmosphere a couple times, and if you're looking to get weed, it would be a lot easier and safer to get it from someone there. I would venture to say that most of the people who go there either have some or know someone there who does. I don't think Mickey was meeting somebody to "broker a deal" that night (excuse the parlance, I have no idea what people who are looking to get drugs call it lol).

That's what she may have done - arranged with someone there to drop some off to her later (which may have happened on her way home). Text message my have been 'look for me around St. Landry Street'. They don't walk around with it on them to sell I don't think.

If that happened, the person may have come forward out of consciousness (even though it just blew his cover as a dealer - maybe just small time). But for that reason, maybe he wouldn't come forward. Depends on how into it he is and if he's bringing in big bucks or just helps out his friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong