Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other thread was getting too long. This case looks like it might take awhile to work through and if we keep the threads shorter, it is much easier to go back to find reference material later. :)

The other thread was getting too long. This case looks like it might take awhile to work through and if we keep the threads shorter, it is much easier to go back to find reference material later. :)

Thanks!

Doesn't TSG usually put affidavits and such on their site?

Thanks SS
Your right, this looks like a year in the making.
IMO

Maybe. I really wish we had one to read, but I think it is going to depend on who is willing to put all those details out there. We are dealing with a minor child in a sexual abuse situation.

Cases take time and lots of space here. It looks like it is possible it could turn into a case with several players involved and this means it will be difficult to keep tabs on every detail as we go along. Yes, it could take up to a year easily. It will depend on many factors. This one is still only a week old and look at the twists so far.

:) You are welcome, Carrington.

Reading elsewhere, there is divorce records for Michael Jacques and Mona Jacques. I wonder if it's the same MJ?

Could possibly be - the divorce was in 8/1992 and Michael S Jacques was 26 at the time of the divorce per the records, so him being 42 now would fit.

Reading elsewhere, there is divorce records for Michael Jacques and Mona Jacques. I wonder if it's the same MJ?

Just to let some people know about the family dynamics with a sex offender. There is one on my H's side. We would never allow our children around him. This caused many fights with his family. You see his family thinks he is innocent. (The uncle's daughter accused him, no conviction). They don't believe that he would ever do anything of the sort. I told my husband that is part of the sickness, IMO. We also had a RSO that lived in our neighborhood. My friend allowed her children around him all the time. I would fuss at her and she told me one day that she didn't think he was guilty. I told her that is what he wants you to think...that is how he lures his victims. So I have no doubt the Bennett family knew but they either believed he was innocent or he was cured.

Just to let some people know about the family dynamics with a sex offender. There is one on my H's side. We would never allow our children around him. This caused many fights with his family. You see his family thinks he is innocent. (The uncle's daughter accused him, no conviction). They don't believe that he would ever do anything of the sort. I told my husband that is part of the sickness, IMO. . . . So I have no doubt the Bennett family knew but they either believed he was innocent or he was cured.

As someone who also has a sex offender in the family (great-uncle; never convicted though repeatedly accused), I totally agree with what you've said! For whatever reason, the family believes that THREE different girls in the family lied! My heart goes out to Brooke, wherever she is.

AR may not have met the supposed other men in person. The other men could have been something MJ cooked up.

http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080701/NEWS01/807010374

(snips)
Jacques allegedly forced the girl to perform sexual acts weekly over the course of several years. She said the acts, which ended only a few weeks ago, were intended to improve her rating in the "Breckenridge program." She said she received phone calls and electronic messages from figures inside the program detailing which acts she was to perform on Jacques.

Baker also said police are investigating whether the program is an actual sex ring, or a ploy created by Jacques to intimidate the girl into having sex.

Police have since raised doubts that such a rendezvous was planned and have been focusing their investigation on contacts the girl is believed to have made through the MySpace social networking Web site.

Police would not say Monday whether Jacques was the source of that story.

Oh, I just heard from that video that the uncle found her clothes. :mad: Man, LE had to have a clue at that point, don't you think? I'd love to see their timeline of this investigation.

AT 54 seconds on the countdown clock on the above linked Greta video, Brooke's dad says that MJ lives 7-8 miles maybe not that far from the store. That is about how far away Brookfield is and where the clothing was found. Sounds like he really did live in Brookfield and not Randolph.

Oh, I just heard from that video that the uncle found her clothes. :mad: Man, LE had to have a clue at that point, don't you think? I'd love to see their timeline of this investigation.

That is the writing on the wall right there isn't it? We can have hope she is off with one of the sicko pervs of the group. But it doesn't sound like there was anyone but MJ in that group, that there was no child sex ring and where would a girl go without her shoes?

At the time, the reports just said a relative found Brookes things near the uncles house. I wondered then why there was a search near the uncles house? The report I remember said a relative found the items in the early morning hours.

Ok, I am the poster from the in session boards that lives in Randolph and is aware of the families involved in this mess. I have been banned from IS because the Admin is on some power trip and didnt like what I had to say....So, that being said, I am JUST tuning today as I was away from TV & internet last night and I cannot beleive the twists this case has taken. The grandmother is not the one who first reported BB missing, a family friend did, then LE called back and spoke w/ the grandmother. The family friend is a woman that I know personally and heard this info directly from her, she insisted that they report her missing as it looked like the mom & grandma really werent concerned yet even thoiugh it had been 12 HOURS since they spoke to her last!!!. According to the friend, she actualy spoke w/ Jacques and he had access to BB Myspace passwords and log in names. He made her give it to him if she was going to be using his computer. Jacques is also the one that found her belongings at the Floating Bridge (not confirmed, but according to friend). The incident back in 93 is not the only involving him, he has had other charges but dont think he was ever convicted. This came from my daycare provider who used to babysit for him & his wife years ago.

Welcome, bdmama. It's a different world over here compared to IS. :D If what you say is true, I can see why Jacques got away with so much in that family. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie