2011.07.11 Greta Van Sustern interview with Jury Foreperson

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the cartoon from Ricardo in March, around the same time the computer search was made? Would that not make a reasonable person look up chloroform if they wanted to know what it was?
One time a friend of mine posted about how delicious the "Hurricane Cake' was that she made.
So I looked up "Hurricane cake" to see what the heck it was. I found out what it was and wanted to make one. So then I looked up "How to make Hurricane Cake". And guess what I did after that? I made one.

It's one thing to do a simple search for a word to find out what it is. There is NO acceptable reason, IMO, to search for "HOW TO" make something, unless you have a vested interested in learning how to make that particular product for whatever reason. Also, there were searches for stuff like 'acetone' which, incidentally, is something needed to make chloroform. I don't care how many ways this jury decides to dress up the pig, it's still a pig.

Then they say there was no evidence of a body in the car? Did they think Caylee was killed in the swamp? Did someone drag her dead body around town for a few days until dumping her? WHERE DO THEY THINK THE BODY WAS BEFORE IT WAS THROWN IN THE SWAMP?? Casey herself told her friend the car smelled like a dead animal! And the jury DID hear that testimony. Unreal.

Also, they claim they didn't take the sexual abuse into account since there was no evidence. Baez's WHOLE REASON for saying that Casey was sexually abused was to explain away those 31 days of bad behavior while her daughter was DEAD. So, if there was no sexual abuse, then can this jury explain to me why Casey behaved the way she did during those 31 days? Because George seemed untruthful on the stand? Guess what people, the person you let walk is a proven, admitted LIAR, but George was the questionable one?

I think all the jurors that are coming forward are the ones that believed she was Not Guilty from day one. I would love to see what those who were part of the original 6 for Manslaughter are thinking now... I bet they stay in hiding because I wouldn't want to show my face after making such an enormous mistake either.

And that fact that he even says that Cindy may have made the searches when the State proved beyond a doubt that was not possible makes my opinion of this jury solid 100%- I have zero respect for them.

What boggles my mind is that these jurors didn't anticipate the public's scrutiny of how they came to a NG verdict. The comments they have been making fly in the face of both the evidence and the jury instructions. Did 12 people collectively not understand the evidence and the instructions?
Was someone within the jury giving them the incorrect information and they just took his or her word for it?I'm not suggesting it was intentional (though it could have been).

Juror #2 said several things that really has me scratching my head.It's like someone or several someones convinced the holdouts that they had to vote NG. He said there were initially 6 guilty votes (we've heard another juror say 2,but that was for Felony 1).By the following day "it was clear our side was losing votes." He was the last holdout,but still clearly believes she is guilty.He said looking at those pictures ,he "just can't understand how someone could do that to a child".Do what? Supposedly they bought the accident theory.If the picture was evidence to him,of what someone did to Caylee,why didn't he hold out and it would have been a mistrial? Why did the jurors who voted guilty the first time ,give in?

Anyone have a link to what juror #2 said? TIA.

IS (Vinnie P) is breaking down the foreman's interview right now..I didn't see the beginning but he's doing a great job ripping the jury's POV on the decomp & chloroform to shreds :)

eta..even Sunny H agrees with him..That's says it all!

Did he talk to the judge post-verdict? When was this? (from the transcript linked above) talking about the crime scene photos:

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-th...e-and-suspicions-george-anthony#ixzz1RucmsRqN

Peaked my interest too ... WHEN exactly did he says this ?

"Yes, we did. We had to look at it. It was right there in front of us. And we had to, you know, make sure that we take -- you know, take the notes that we needed to take on those pictures. And it was tough. You know, and I told the judge this. I've never been -- I've never once made a decision in my life where I wanted to get in a profession where I'd have to see those types of things. And we were forced to. And it was tough."

IMO it most certainly was AFTER seeing the crime scene photos ... WTH?
They were forced to look at evidence they didn't want to?
Crime scene photos ? Are they kidding ?
Poor things, apparently the jurors could have been spared from seeing these awful photos because they weren't going to consider them as reliable evidence anyway ...

Am I wrong, or weren´t those Chloroform searches deleted from the Anthony computer as the only searches deleted? And then retrieved by the computer experts.
If I am not wrong about this (I think to remember it from the trial, please correct me if I am wrong), it is a very compelling fact. Why delete just those searches?

Actually, you are wrong. Seems to be just another inaccurate claim masquarading as fact in order to criticize the jury....that and the myth of the 84 chloroform searches (which was debunked).

Morales told detectives he posted the chloroform picture on his MySpace page around the beginning of 2008. It was sometime after that when someone did a search for the word "chloroform" on the home computer of George and Cindy Anthony, where Casey Anthony lived with Caylee.

LINK

ITA ... why shouldn't jury deliberations be monitored ? monitored but sealed and never revealed ... unless, of course, juror misconduct results, or the jury is found to have not followed the judge's instructions or not even understood the instructions ?
A ruling could be made by the court, if juror misconduct or jury tampering is found, a mistrial and retrial would happen ... or at the very least an investigation and determination by a higher court ...

Instead the only "check" that's done is the judge asking if they heeded his previous admonitions ... the jury says yes and all is good ... WTH

I too think something needs revamping in our jury system ... big time

I've also posted suggesting having an unbiased lawyer sitting in on deliberations. To answer juror questions, make sure the jurors stay on track and follow the jury instructions (like reminding COD is not required etc).

There are only three interviews I would be interested in watching.

Nancy Grace - John Morgan - O'Reilly ! Sadly not gonna happen.

I agree...but I would also watch Judge Jeanine. She seems to be very surprised about the verdict and sometimes can ask some tough questions, unlike Greta. JMO

Orange County Sheriffs Dept. investigators will be giving a Press conference today @ 1:30 pm

Just incase anyone hasn't heard

I've got 1:42pm and it's not on IS or HLN. Anyone know if it's going to be on tv? Online?

I'm getting sick and tired of being screamed at by all the self righteous talking heads (mostly defense lawyers) that I HAVE TO respect and accept this incompetent jury's decsison. NO... no, I do not and I will not - EVER.

Honestly....?

90% of the talking heads I see on the different channels profess outrage (or at least strong disagreement) with the verdict, while admonishing the jury, questioning their intelligence, and positing that they should hide their faces from the public mob. Some are even wondering aloud if this verdict necessitates a change in the legal system. The talking heads I hear who support the jury decision are being shouted down and chastised by their colleagues.

I am a 59 year old high school drop out.

I listened to the jury instructions too and this is what I heard.

Blah,blah,blah, don't have to show HOW Caylee died or WHY she was killed.

Cute! The only caveat would be that the prosecution DID need to show she was murdered. That was their argument.

AND they had to prove Casey murdered her:

1) prove Caylee was murdered
2) prove Casey was the one who murdered her

According to the jury, the State did neither to the exclusion of a reasonable doubt - and I can understand why they arrived at this verdict. I believe Casey at the very least had some involvement (intentional or not) in Caylee's death, but based on the testimony and evidence, I also could not vote to convict if I were a juror in this case.

The jury foreman stated that other People had access to the Casey's car and that there were other Keys.

I would like to know exactly what they were speculating

Are they saying that somebody (George?) used Casey's car to dispose of Caylee to frame her? When did this supposedly happen?

Why did Casey abandon the car...Was that just a coincidence..?

Having a second key to Casey's car wouldn't have given anyone access to her car.......

BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHERE THE HE11 CASEY AND/OR HER CAR WAS.

She was telling them she was in Miami, Jacksonville, not at Universal........right up until that 31st freakin day.

Hard to put your grand-daughters body in the trunk of a car you can't freakin find.

And when they DID find the car? Voila. It ALREADY smelled like a dead body had been in the damn car. Just like magic.

I've also posted suggesting having an unbiased lawyer sitting in on deliberations. To answer juror questions, make sure the jurors stay on track and follow the jury instructions (like reminding COD is not required etc).

Well, it's definitely a complex question as to how to avoid the things that happened with this jury ... but I definitely think our judicial system and trials by jury need to be re-vamped ... if this case didn't prove that, I don't know what would ...

I would also like to see the courtroom rules of decorum strictly adhered to in front of the jury ... KC lowering her chair, hiding behind piles of notebooks and constantly being treated like a victim, including hand holding, pats on the back etc ... even the closeness of her DT ... none of that should have been allowed ... she didn't have to pay attention when things go too "tough" for her and was allowed to rest her head on her hand, eyes closed ...
Isn't it also in the rules to not express opinion, head nods, and emotion during the trial and testimony?
I fear they humanized this monster way too much ....

And if I hear one more time what a great mother Casey was????
Casey had an imaginary job.
Casey was stealing from friends and family to shop.
How is Casey credited with providing ANYthing for Caylee when she had no stinkin job????

VAN SUSTEREN: Suspicious that he [GA] was involved in covering up the death, suspicious involved with the -- an accidental death, or suspicious he was a murder?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: All three.

VAN SUSTEREN: Really, that he was a murderer?

Even Greta seemed somewhat surprised that the jurors were considering taking down GA. Looks like KC was completely under the radar--not a word about the erstwhile defendant herself. Where, oh, where was Juror 11's laser "people reader" when the jailhouse vids were played and the defendant was right there?

To continue:
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: All three. We don't know. We don't know. The suspicions were raised.

VAN SUSTEREN: In the deliberation room?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We talked about it in deliberation. Yes, I can go a little more in depth into what we did in the deliberation room since I was the one who had to orchestrate the whole situation.
http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-th...evidence-and-suspicions-george-anthony?page=3
(Bold added)

If he did indeed "orchestrate the whole situation," then he shouldn't quit his day job of teaching PE/vetting class-cutting students' fibs. jmo

But wait: Mr. 11 is not done yet. Fox promises (threatens, lol) more from him about the workings inside the jury room tonight at 10:00 ET.

"But that was the only -- placed on there before the body was placed where it was. I don't like using the word dumped."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-th...e-and-suspicions-george-anthony#ixzz1RujpZLzI

Why not, juror 11? Looks to me like she was dumped like a piece of garbage.

That pretty much said it all ... something so obvious regardless of who did the dumping ... he also didn't like being forced to look at he crime scene photos ...
Unbelievable ...

We inhabit a decadent, ethical-relativist, shameless, sensation-seeking,
instant gratification-seeking, cynical/jaundiced, me-me-me-me culture. Horrible!!
Not the America I grew up in.

That being said, there should be a Law(s) to preclude/prohibit ANY Juror
from making one thin DIME off their service on ANY Jury for ANY Case.
Yes, "there should be a Law(s)," I hear myself saying...despite my
loathing of this nanny-state, deny-reality, sense-of-entitlement (read vengeance, aka "social justice")
Big Brother government.

TWO LAWS are needed...1) Caylee's Law, already well-underway...
...and 2) Let's call it "Greta's Law" (!!!) for now...precluding/preventing/prohibiting ANY Juror...
(as in 2nd paragraph above).

As for Greta, she's the coldest fish in the notoriously glib, vacuous,
venal, vapid Tele-Sphere-O-Vision universe that has been part-and-parcel
of bringing us all to our trembling KNEES.

And she's STILL talking out of the side of her mouth!

How in the World did Greta ever become "Greta," anyway? Anybody know?
I mean, how do AT LEAST ONE-HALF of these people GET there?
Sunny Hostin...Geraldo...Greta...Jane Velez-Mitchell...HUH?? WHY??

Where do they GET these people? Why do we DESERVE them?
They're such a blathering, blithering blight.

Somebody shut them all UP!

With that, everybody enjoy this overly-heated Summer Day that is so fitting
of our over-heated sentiments these days.

And if I hear one more time what a great mother Casey was????
Casey had an imaginary job.
Casey was stealing from friends and family to shop.
How is Casey credited with providing ANYthing for Caylee when she had no stinkin job????

I'm with ya ... tired of people who may have only witnessed KC with Caylee on a few occasions certainly is not prove ....
I guess it doesn't matter that she was NOT providing anything that she should have been for her daughter ... not even care that would prevent a "horrible accident" ...

NOPE ... what they used this info for was to raise doubt about who was responsible for Caylee ?????? makes no sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288