IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
just my personal experience with this same age group:

kids do tell you they are going somewhere quickly and will be right back and it evolves into something else entirely if you let them out of your sight and you have to go hot footing after them.

grandma could have been distracted because she was also watching other children at the same time (article upstream) and not noticed the actual time and what they had on because she was herding all the other kids around or doing something else

further more: kids this age will get distracted and forget what you just told them... like be back in ten minutes... well if they don't have an alarm on to notify them of when ten minutes has passed some kids will keep on keeping on thinking.. hey ten minutes has not passed yet....

I personally think Grandma started looking for them when she had to leave the house (wasn't that posted upstream that she told them that?) and maybe she didn't realize in all the hustle that the two were still out on bikes in their otherwise safe and secure town that they feel safe biking around?

Now a little injection of scary just because it DOES happen..: my friend when I was in fifth grade, Tina Marie Harmon, went missing from the same sort of bucolic town as this where we all left our doors open, keys in the car, etc, in the late 1980s. She got off the bus and vanished and was later found to be the victim of a serial killer from Akron! Like 30 miles away.. preying on girls like this. We were all completely shocked.

Either way, this grandma seems to have had a lot going on that morning watching all those children... and I could see how her times are off in the reporting. With all that being said they seemed to get on this right away and are doing the best they can to find these girls and figure out what happened to them....

That is just my two cents.. my opinion, etc... I tend to think that the girls came across someone in the woods that lured them to a car or on foot to a car or somewhere else. I also think it happened quickly. I don't think there was a sign of a struggle because they were lured. That means someone told them a convincing story to go with them. Has anyone seen the documentary that attempts to lure children and almost all of them went despite being taught of stranger danger? I will look it up and post it... shocking... almost all of them went.

the timeline is tight here or seems to be... hopefully they are able to get at least a bit more in this lake drain to lead them to where these girls are.

jmhoo :moo: at this point

I don't mean for that to sound like my way is right, just that I thought the earrings made her look older then my 10 year d.
I thought they would be appropriate for a gypsy costume on Halloween or a hooker. It doesn't surprise me that no adult knew what the two little girls were wearing on the day they disappeared.

New to this case so sorry for the questions but I can't find answers:

I have seen the mother (one mother) interviewed before maybe Lyric's mother.
Has the other mother been interviewed on tv?

Is the father that is with the mother Misty is he the dad or step dad?

Thanks to anyone who will and can answer.

Was Lyrics mom dating anyone from the dating site? I wonder if it could be that a pediphile was looking for women to get to younger girls???

misty talking about lyric maybe swimming in that lake. Says doesnt think she would swim in her clothes and shoes. out of character....

I thought they would be appropriate for a gypsy costume on Halloween or a street walker. It doesn't surprise me that no adult knew what the two little girls were wearing.

the earrings on lyric? she was wearing big girl earrings.. it looked like a school photo to me... I would not classify them like that at all imhoo. She is most likely in that stage where she wants to look "cool" and borrowed some jewelry maybe. I have a kid near this same age group and I see this happen with my own child... esp with music and clothes.

New to this case so sorry for the questions but I can't find answers:

I have seen the mother (one mother) interviewed before maybe Lyric's mother.
Has the other mother been interviewed on tv?

Is the father that is with the mother Misty is he the dad or step dad?

Thanks to anyone who will and can answer.

E's mom has a heart condition and was on HLN via telephone.

Daniel (the father of L) was on HLN both nights, I do not believe they are still married? Mom's FB lists her as single...however he did mention "my wife" called me, but I do not know if he was referring to Misty or if he is remarried.

Those that have 10year old girls, does the older girl appear to look much older and grown up than 10years or is that not the case?

Could that be a factor if they were in fact taken? They both are such pretty and cute girls.

Well, sorta. But not due to makeup or hair that isn't age appropriate, more just that her face looks like that of a girl of 13 or 14. She definitely looks older than my DD of the same age.

misty was working at gas station. Daniel was at his mothers house in waterloo. 4 days before lyric and another cousin<modsnip>were gone longer than they should have been so police were called then but the girls showed up.

Sounds like something's been up - maybe Lyric was curious about something she shouldn't have been - not necessarily bad, but something her parents didn't approve of. Maybe she had been going swimming - found something to do or someplace neat to go - I remember those days. Hours passed like minutes.

I think LE might be holding something back, because they responded quickly IIRC when they were called, and the girls hadn't been missing even an hour from when they were roughly expected to be back home?

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. (wow I don't say that much - lol) I missed the last day and these posts have been moving really fast...

re: the dating site I haven't seen anything in MSM but it was discussed here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #1 (with a few more informative posts after it: http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178723&page=24).

From what I read here it was pretty obvious on Lyric's FB page/timeline. It also sounded like the Zoosk profile was more her Mom than her. Although I wouldn't be totally surprised that a 10 year old might be curious enough to check it out.

I guess my question is this...facebook often posts your web activity to your timeline, depending on settings and depending on the site. Meaning, if I am logged into facebook and searching in a google window for dating or certain sites, it will appear in my FB activity in some cases. If her FB was logged in and another person, say an adult was cruising the internet, clicked on one of those linked sites i.e. dating, hemmorhoid cream (there is a technical term for this linking I can't think of) it will show up on the facebook timeline. The fact it links to her mother's account from 2011, means it is most likely her mother's account. Maybe she was single then.

If L did look, it was more out of curiousity and clicking a link or ad that is on the left side of the page. My guess, maybe, someone else was checking it out. And perhaps, if that was the case, the adults need to work that out...however, my guess is their main focus is on their daughter. I am sure LE/FBI would have checked this out to rule it out?

Her earrings look like something an older girl/ teen would wear. That is what I think made her look older to me. My daughter is 10 and she is barely allowed to wear anything that dangles a little below her ear.

JMO

Lol, my DD doesn't even have pierced ears. I offered to let her get them done once she turned ten and she didn't want to!

Mine is still very tomboyish, though. If I didn't stay on her behind constantly, her teeth would have fur and her hair would be in dreads.

grandma called misty at 2 pm at her work a few blocks away....misty went right to grandma and then heather pulled up and then heather went to the police station to report girls missing. this is what misty is saying today.

I'm confused. I thought when NG asked grandma how the day began, she said she went to Heather's every day for five hours because Heather is sick (not necessarily verbatim). That sounds like Heather was in her own home. The two stories don't jive, Misty/grandma. IMO

I guess my question is this...facebook often posts your web activity to your timeline, depending on settings and depedending on the site. Meaning, if I am logged into facebook and searching in a google window for dating or certain sites, it will appear in my FB activity in some cases. If her FB was logged in and another person, say an adult was cruising the internet, clicked on one of those linked sites i.e. dating, hemmorhoid cream (there is a technical term for this linking I can't think of) it will show up on the facebook timeline.

If she did look, it was more out of curiousity and clicking a link or ad that is on the left side of the page. My guess, maybe, someone else was checking it out. And perhaps, if that was the case, the adults need to work that out...however, my guess is their main focus is on their daughter. I am sure LE/FBI would have checked this out to rule it out?

I think they are discounting it because of her age

I'm confused. I thought when NG asked grandma how the day began, she said she went to Heather's every day for five hours because Heather is sick (not necessarily verbatim). That sounds like Heather was in her own home. The two stories don't jive, Misty/grandma. IMO

So maybe Heather is sick due to her heart condition so Grandma comes over to her house to watch Elizabeth and brings Lyric along so they can play together.

ETA: I thought it was said Heather was out running errands and Misty was getting off work.

Lol, my DD doesn't even have pierced ears. I offered to let her get them done once she turned ten and she didn't want to!

Mine is still very tomboyish, though. If I didn't stay on her behind constantly, her teeth would have fur and her hair would be in dreads.

My 10 year old niece doesn't have pierced ears, either. Her mom wants her to wait until she's older. I can't imagine any of my friends' daughters being allowed to wear long dangly earrings in public either.

E's mom has a heart condition and was on HLN via telephone.

Daniel (the father of L) was on HLN both nights, I do not believe they are still married? Mom's FB lists her as single...however he did mention "my wife" called me, but I do not know if he was referring to Misty or if he is remarried.

BBM

Does she have a pacemaker? I thought I saw one in a photo of her on line today.

imo

So maybe Heather is sick due to her heart condition so Grandma comes over to her house to watch Elizabeth and brings Lyric along so they can play together.

ETA: I thought it was said Heather was out running errands and Misty was getting off work.

Yes grandma did do that, but the part I don't get, is Heather pulling up. Did Heather go out in her vehicle while sick?

Didn't Robert Carpenter say he saw the girls regularly (or maybe it was daily)? Misty said she started her job 5 days prior and the girls have been playing for together for 5 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong