Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all boils down to what LE has. He is setting up a scenario where the evidence against him will have to be revealed in order to keep holding him without bond. Sorry to say, but if it's all circumstantial, this won't end well.

Exaaaaactly!

Slightly O/T but I gotta say -- all you lovely locals have certainly given me a very high opinion of the Charlottesville-Lynchburg area. You're all so polite, reasonable, and just plain nice. I prefer to believe that you're the norm, not RAT...

That's nice, carbuff. :heart:

Why'd she lose phone service so soon after this supposed deal started? I'm trying to picture her hanging around his tiny camper trailer not drinking or smoking, and not using her phone. They left before dark which someone said it got dark a little after 8 p.m.

He's lying, I think.

RSBM: I remember one of the locals trying to explain the pings, and the horrible cell service there. Back in thread 3 I think.... I'll go look.

Found it:

"The signal in that particular area is horrible... If the last ping was in that area... And they searched cannery loop... you'll notice where the searched tonight is directly across from there... This goes back to what I was saying in previous post about GPS location when signal is poor in that particular area showing a phone as several hundred feet away from where it actually is... and I am certain this is the case with the search tonight... "

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9740381&postcount=955"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1[/ame]

Personally, I don't think anywhere in this entire state is too far to look. People in rural Virginia think nothing of distances. When I as a college kid, I used to day trip it to shop at Tyson's corner, 3.5 hours away. I'd hop in the car and go to Richmond for lunch, 2 hours away. So, it doesn't seem off base to me to look in Augusta county or anywhere in the state. This is probably why LE has trouble finding the victims. This person seems to think that he'll forever get away with whatever as long as noone finds the victims. They're not anywhere near where he lives, even if residual evidence is. Evil.

This makes this so challenging, despite his awareness space. And he had so much time, presumably....Looking at the map is overwhelming, so many places she could be. :(

If you were the prime suspect in several cases would you make contact with Law Enforcement expecting them to believe you? LE would not believe his minor involvement in the case given his history with the CJ system regardless. But yeah, I doubt he's innocent anyway.

Agreed!
(man, this is actually easier, I don't even have to post, I can just read everything you guys write and agree, haha)

I just remembered something. Early reports were that Alexis was going to meet two male friends in Lynchburg to shop. Is rat trying to say those 2 guys are them?

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23140117/through-attorney-randy-taylor-tells-his-story

Scroll down to comments and read Mary's comments. She claims she knows this guy the <modsnip> is talking about.

And you know what, he may be referring to a real person. But it doesn't necessarily mean that person was involved.

And the commentor posted his place of employment on fb. Everyone's going to be at his door now asking for weed, kidding.
(Either that, or now his work is going to spring a random drug test on him!)

AstroKitty, upthread the story was that each drove their own car ... 3 cars. Like a pot parade! RAT said that the dealer and Alexis each left his place in their own car.

Wish all these accused perps had such convenient initials as this one!

I had to quote this and bring it this way - This is by far the funniest thing I've read. It's Ok to laugh a bit to ease the tension everyone. :) "Like a pot parade!" hahaha so good.

I just remembered something. Early reports were that Alexis was going to meet two male friends in Lynchburg to shop. Is rat trying to say those 2 guys are them?

Whoa! I never had seen that! Was this on twitter...

*O/T but I swear I can't wait till 15 more minutes when I can finally go to bed. God, I need 5:45 Am so bad!

I had to quote this and bring it this way - This is by far the funniest thing I've read. It's Ok to laugh a bit to ease the tension everyone. :) "Like a pot parade!" hahaha so good.

That cracked me up too!

:praying: Prayers for Alexis and her Family.

One thing, I know that earlier today with the increased "urgent" presence on RAT's property, and the searches, etc. , it seemed like they might have found something, but in retrospect, now that my nerves have calmed down, I'm wondering if this was just them trying to find anything they could and being very thorough (I think cluciano mentioned something similar).

If they suspect a killer (esp a serial killer), chances are they had ground penetrating radar, metal detectors, the full shebang. They have NO CHOICE but to turn his property upside down.

And maybe that just was, well, a sheet on a clothesline, and agents just happened to be examining that particular area.

Whoa! I never had seen that! Was this on twitter...

*O/T but I swear I can't wait till 15 more minutes when I can finally go to bed. God, I need 5:45 Am so bad!

News articles etc. reporting from the family and the police. iirc

One thing, I know that earlier today with the increased :urgent" presence on RAT's property, the searches, etc. , it seemed like they might have found something, but in retrospect, now that my nerves have calmed down, I'm wondering, if like cluciano said, this was just them trying to find something and being very thorough. If they suspect a serial killer, chances are they had ground penetrating radar, metal detectors, the full shebnag. They have NO CHOICE but to turn his property upside down.

And maybe that just was, well, a sheet on a clothesline, and agents just happened to be examining that particular area.

I think evidence removed from the first SW came back positive and they returned in force. jmo

So, what does RAT's lawyer have to say about this, I wonder.

The MSM stated this was concerning inside of the store- not outside. They " did not appear to be together". Don't have a clue what his lawyer will do with that.

And I am not sure about law that allows a lawyer to paraphrase- or does he have to speak "word for word" for his client?

The article does say he was arrested based on a hair of hers found in his trailer. (When? Does that mean they got a search warrant first? Based on what?)

Claims the other guy's DNA will be on a beer bottle. (Icehouse brand.)

Oddly specific. Either this guy is a very inventive liar, has the the worst luck in the world, or maybe LE is really mad they couldn't make the Samantha Clarke thing stick and are going after him again as a grudge.

I think it is to specific to be made up. I wouldn't be surprised at the latter choice but more in tunnel vision, they got a hair and made 2 plus 2 equal 5 because they wanted him so bad.

Not saying he is innocent but i am not convinced LE have anything much that proves abduction. And I saw creepy guys for pot deals when i was a teen

The MSM stated this was concerning inside of the store- not outside. They " did not appear to be together". Don't have a clue what his lawyer will do with that.

And I am not sure about law that allows a lawyer to paraphrase- or does he have to speak "word for word" for his client?

The lawyer can phrase the client's story in any fashion he thinks is best. However, once the evidence starts rolling in-once Alexis is found, the lawyer will stop talking if it all points to his client.

if there were any truth to his story as soon as this young lady went missing why did he not contact LE with this vital info?

considering his history with LE it is the last thing he would do no matter how innocent he is. I would keep my mouth shut because I know they want to get me. It isn't as if he would win citizen of the year award anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle