FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember a suspect posted here in the Abraham (can't remember his last name?) case. He was a missing millionaire in Florida. Her name started with a D. It was quite interesting and scary knowing she was involved and posting so freely here. She eventually was arrested. They found his body in the backyard of... I believe it was either her boyfriend or ex-boyfriends?

That's right. I forgot about that.

I agree... What crime? there is no evidence there has been a crime. All LE have is a missing person report... I know that's real difficult for some to grasp but LE have to adhere to the Law. If LE was so certain of their suspicion of DS Jr they'd have him in jail...

Yes, LE seems pretty diligent in trying to make a connection with DS Jr and MP disappearance (Scotoma). Yet, they've found nothing that even hints in that direction. Sure DS Jr might have motive and a storied past but none of that says he's responsible for MP disappearance.

We do not know what LE has found that hints or does not hint that DS committed a crime. But, clearly, they named him their number one suspect. These days, that is very unusual because it causes a perp to lawyer up faster than they typically do. That indicates that they have a lot.

We do know that Dale is a person with a violent past and criminal record. We know that Michelle tried to get a restraining order against him in the past. We know that she said she feared him at one point and that he assaulted her.

We also know that her cell phone was found right smack between Dale's house and his dad's the place he said he ended up the day Michelle went missing.

We also know that Dale won't take a polygraph. Further, that most people who go missing that did not run away, were killed by someone close to them.

Finally, we have a young woman who was always very connected to her family, friends, clients and especially, children, who has been missing for weeks and who coincidentally went missing right after meeting up with that ex she has, the one with the violent past, about half an hour or so after an embarrassing People's Court episode aired for all the world to see.

I agree. That is not a hint. Seems like a sledge hammer to me.

Do they have probable cause for an arrest? I believe it is VERY likely that they do.

But, as I have explained on the Kyron Horman thread, there is a difference between probable cause and being able to get a jury to find a person guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Thus, LE usually waits until they have all their ducks in a row and a solid enough case to get the go ahead from the DA.

But, all of this is quite far from no hint that a crime was committed.

Unfortunatley Iron Horse is right. Another leson learned, (I don't know how else to say this and get the point across) If a person files a report that they were raped, it doesn't mean the rape happened. Until a person is tried and convicted, it is only an alleged rape. Basically the prosecutors have to not only prove who did it, but the crime was committed.

Your analogy about a person making a rape accusation is, respectfully (and IMO), faulty. Michelle is missing. And, see above. None of this is the same as someone crying rape with no proof.

:floorlaugh: And on this note, teh and her squishy feet, (yes, you are all welcome for that visual) are going to get off here and watch the web-cast of her home town football team win STATE! Go Indians!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prayers that tomorrow is Michelle's day!

Consider yourself lucky, because my Irish Grandma, Bless Her Soul, used to put MUSTARD on our feet and wrap them in woolen socks when we were sick. So Vicks is a vacation, considering...

And there is some evidence of a crime. The car was abandoned and the cell was in the canal. Sounds like a crime to me.

In reply to your questions which I have bolded.

I agree, would they really be so stupid as to dispose of the body in their own backyard when there are so many places they could do it. Some people are this stupid though..

Casey Anthony just did this.

(It's not the Vicks that cures ya...it's the "ick" and "eww" noises you make each time you move your feet that clear your throat and sinuses. I was able to do the Vicks socks thing for about 30 minutes tops).

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I respectfully disagree. I think LE has much much more evidence than we think and are crossing their T's before making an arrest. One of those T's is the victim (not meaning to sound insensitive at all). A friend is a detective & we had a similar situation here. They had tons of evidence & could have arrested the perp but were waiting for that one last piece to seal the case for prosecution. People were furious the perp was allowed to roam freely for months! But LE wanted to wait for that last piece to be sure he didn't skate. After the CA case, I think LE is being extra super diligent. JMO but I can see where some may feel they don't have squat. I believe they are being very smart about letting on what they know & have.

I do hope this is the case.

Been lurking again,

questions :

Where does Ironhorse's spotting fit in the timeline?

How can we be sure that she didn't text "Waterford"?

If DSSR and DSJR committed a crime, are they really so dumb they'd dispose of evidence in their own backyard?

If something is found behind the house the Smith sister lives in, is she an accomplice now? Wouldn't it be hard to commit these acts at this point without the entire family helping?

Also, could they be framed? All those dots on the map make them look really guilty.

Do any of you feel that the crime line doesn't seem to be taking tips seriously? There has been two times on here that tips were brushed off, Ironhorse's tip and the tip given by the trucker who may have spotted DSJR on the side of the road.

That's all I got right now. Still hope she just a runaway whose scared to come home at this point.

BBM

Casey Anthony did it.

Been lurking again,

questions :

If DSSR and DSJR committed a crime, are they really so dumb they'd dispose of evidence in their own backyard?

If something is found behind the house the Smith sister lives in, is she an accomplice now? Wouldn't it be hard to commit these acts at this point without the entire family helping?

Also, could they be framed? All those dots on the map make them look really guilty.

Do any of you feel that the crime line doesn't seem to be taking tips seriously? There has been two times on here that tips were brushed off, Ironhorse's tip and the tip given by the trucker who may have spotted DSJR on the side of the road.

That's all I got right now. Still hope she just a runaway whose scared to come home at this point.

Criminals usually act stupidly. We read about the rarer cases that are harder to solve. But, murders occur every day that are solved quickly because the perp acted stupidly.

My belief is that Dale panicked, possibly went to daddy for help and could have dumped the "evidence"as quickly as possible. Hence, she could be close. No one wants to be driving around with a body in their car when a person they know, who last met up with them, is nowhere to be seen and about to be reported missing at any moment.

I can understand the suspicion surrounding DS Jr... However isn't it a little too presumptuous to be convicting/sentencing and measuring out the rope to hang the guy?

The first problem is proving there was indeed a crime. All that is known is MP didn't return home, that's not proof of a crime. (Yes, I know and I do agree it's unusual for someone not to return home) However, from a legal perspective if your over 18 you don't have to come home if you choose not to. I believe this is why LE is being extremely cautious. They first and foremost need to prove there was a crime and without some form of evidence that limits them greatly to how much they can do.

No doubt LE have good cause to suspect DS Jr. However, a person having motive doesn't imply they actually did anything. And without further proof I hesitate in saying DS Jr is anything more than a person who had a possible motive. I think other possibilities exist and we would all do wise to consider them instead of just DS Jr. If we are truly to be fair and reasonable that is?

I've said it before and I'll say it again here posting in Michelle's threads are some of the most fair and level headed individuals that there are(my knowledge from having followed multiple other cases with said individuals).. And in those other cases there have tends to be a fair amount who do seem to possibly rush to judge ment a tad bit and/or seem to allow their preconceived notions or their own personal experiences to seriously weigh in on their opinions towards a possible POI or suspect(s).. And that is fine as well.. To each their own.. But here on Michelle's case we have an unusually vast majority that are known to be extremely fair and balance, do not rush to judgement, and truly look at varying angles as well as all evidence available(from the littlest piece of the puzzle to the biggest piece).. And I've personally witnessed as well as have participated in discussions of Michelle's case that have run the entire gamut of possibilities..those discussions still are taking place, tho for obvious reasons IMO those discussions are much more
Infrequent but by no means are they discouraged by those who still may choose or feel there are other valid avenues to discuss.. I think it's quite obvious that any interested in discussing other avenues they feel are possibilities of what occurred to Michelle..any/all can have it..

But IMOO I could not disagree more with the idea that there's been a rush to judgement, witch hunt, or unwarranted discussions of Jr/Sr's possible involvement in what many us sadly realize is very likely the homicide of a beautiful young mother whose precious children will not be celebrating this Christmas or any other holiday with her again.. As well as the fact that "if" it indeed turns out to be as many of us suspect not only will those precious twins be without their mother, but will actually be orphaned due to the fact that their father could very well be responsible for their young mother's death.. That's is a tragedy.. A tragedy beyond words and believe me if there were evidence pointing in other directions there would be many happy to continue to explore those other avenues in the hopes that ATLEAST the children would still have a father if it were to be another that was responsible.. IMOO that's just not the reality.. Moo..

But you and any others are more than able to discuss other possibilities all you like.. But others have that same prerogative to continue to discuss and explore the avenue they have found to be the most likeliest in their opinion.. To each their own and no one is pressured that they must believe or have the same opinion as everyone else.. What a boring discussion board it would be if everyone felt the exact same about every issue of a case..

It's always to each their own and as long as the discussions are within TOS I believe it's encouraged that EVERYONE's opinions are valid and welcomed.. Jmo, tho!

Casey Anthony may have done it but she would, I think fall under the "dumb" part.

Been lurking again,

questions :

I too have some issues with DS Jr having actually anything to do with MP disappearance. The man has two children to distract as well as look after the whole time he supposedly committing a murderous act? Then he would have to dispose of the evidence in such a way it can't be found, while the whole time trying to get back before the police come knocking... Yet, his plan was to dispose of the phone and truck in such a way it draws a direct line from his home along a path that passes near property owned by his family... And he's counting on his family to lie for him?

By any chance does DS still have the same best bud he did when his ex passed away?

OMG .. It's fabulous, even if you aren't sick. Just seeing these posts makes me want to hunt up my Vicks .......

I was thinking the exact same thing. Not feeling as perky as I'd like so might even go for it!

At this point WE have no proof of anything. LE may or may not have proof...only they know that. If they had substantial proof there is no doubt in my mind he would be in jail right now. That alone tells me they don't have enough to prove anything at this point. What evidence was found in the Hummer? We don't even know for a fact that a crime has been committed do we? There is no body. There is only an abandonned phone and vehicle.

Obviously I FEEL like this is going to turn into a crime based on the amount of time missing, the abandonned vehicle and the phone found in the lake. I FEEL like DS may have something to do with it, but I am not at all prepared at this point to say there has been a murder and he did it! How do we know this? And I must say that I am a little bothered by the fact that there are so many prepared to throw the book at him when right now we have zero facts in a missing person case.

Here are a few facts that I am able to base my current feelings that Dale Smith Jr has involvement in what I feel like will turn out to be the murder of Michelle Parker on...

MP was a single mother to 3 children and I have yet to hear anyone say that she was struggling to be a great mom to those children so that automatically makes me think that she would have just headed for the hills on her own..

DS Jr was the last person to see Michelle Parker...LE has been able to prove to a Judge that there is probable cause in order to get the Judge to sign not only a search warrant on Dale Jr's condo but also on the home of his parents....

Also the fact that his parents were compelled to be interview with an investigative supenia.

Almost all of the water searches that I am aware off has been either around Jr's home his fathers home or the property owned by his father..

LE had already said that Dale Jr is the prime suspect in this case, and I also have to take into account that Dale Jr has a record for domestic violence in the past not to mention The suspicious death of his 2nd wife, and yes I know he was locked up for abusing her when she died with a broken neck, brain injury and a blunt force trauma to the top of her head...

So for me these are some of the reasons that I would love to see the book thrown at Him because again I do not think that Michelle just decided to head out of town and throw her cellphone in a canal on her way out of town.

Are you freaking kidding me??????

"Meanwhile, a link for donations has been posted on a Facebook page for Smith's "friends and supporters," seeking $5,000 in support.

The post says Smith "hasn't worked in two weeks because he is at home taking care of the two children" and "things are getting tight." The link was posted on Wednesday, but by this afternoon, only $200 had been collected."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...rker-missing-orlando-20111209,0,5665822.story

It's not like he is busy searching!!!!!!

Michelle managed to work 3 jobs and still take care of the twins and an 11 year old. Plus he has extended family that can help, just like she did. Why he needs donations at all is beyond me. Even if he were 100% innocent its not like he is searching and does not appear to be grieving, so what is his excuse for not working? Taking care of twins is NOT an excuse...

Casey Anthony may have done it but she would, I think fall under the "dumb" part.

I'm not quite sure we have evidence to show DS is or isn't a candidate for valedictorian. Do you? From what I have seen, I certainly wouldn't classify him as too swift. JMO.

Based on previous statements released by LE it's very evident they was using triangulation to estimate the phone's location.
What statements are you referring to? I've been watching this case pretty closely and I've not seen any indication how they determined where the phone had been that day

Triangulation is based on the cell towers signal strength to the phone. While such triangulation can help narrow down a grid area it's far from being GPS pinpointing. Triangulation might give LE a radius of 1/2 mile where the phone was last recorded, and that's a lot of ground to search for a phone.
Let's say your phone pings the tower once every 2 minutes and 90 seconds after the last ping you toss the phone out a car window going 45 MPH into a swamp and the phone cuts off. The last piece of data the provider (whether it be triangulation of GPS) gets is not very useful in locating the phone. Plus, they have to make the assumption the phone is somewhere near the vicinity of the last ping. The phone could just have easily run out of power or turned off

Evidently MP never turned the E/911 option on with her phone. If she had of the phone would have been sending out a GPS signal, The GPS (E/911) would have told LE to look in a 300 ft radius...
You cannot opt-in or opt-out of E911 - it is required by the federal government. Basically, if you dial 911 from your cell phone, your location will be automatically transmitted to the location that receives the call. If the best location info that is available is based on tower triangulation then that will be sent. If GPS coordinates are available then that will be sent. Even if your GPS receiver is turned off, it will automatically be turned on when you call 911. The FCC requires that all cell phones have a GPS receiver by the year 2018.

Most phones today have the E/911 option. It doesn't cost you any extra energy from you battery to keep it running. IMO everyone would do well to turn theirs on. It may not save your life but it could help your family should something happen to you...
All phones have E911 capabilities - it is a federal requirement. You are not even allowed to activate an old phone that does not have the capability.

I think you are getting GPS and E911 mixed up. E911 only refers to calls made to 911. GPS by default is activated on iPhones and the phone continually tracks where you have been while the power is on. You can turn your GPS off but you cannot turn E911 off and E911 will turn your GPS on if you have turned it off.

See my comments in green above.

I don't think LE is bound and determined to prove DS Jr. is guilty...I believe they are following ping evidence and soon, perhaps, GPS evidence (if not already doing so) and if it happens that all of this leads to near property owned by his dad, so be it...

I too have some issues with DS Jr having actually anything to do with MP disappearance. The man has two children to distract as well as look after the whole time he supposedly committing a murderous act? Then he would have to dispose of the evidence in such a way it can't be found, while the whole time trying to get back before the police come knocking... Yet, his plan was to dispose of the phone and truck in such a way it draws a direct line from his home along a path that passes near property owned by his family... And he's counting on his family to lie for him?

That's presuming he planned this .... I don't think he did.

Violent people with anger issues don't need motive and often act, or react impulsively.

In a matter of moments, he could have crossed that line ... No turning back ... Then went into survival mode. People can be amazingly resourceful in survival mode.

Unfortunately, the timing stunk. She's going to be missed quickly and he doesn't have much time.

It's not unreasonable to believe that daddy has bailed him out before .. Many bullies have been enabled by someone their whole lives.

Doing something with her, the phone, the decals, the hummer, the kids, then come up with a lie or two, someone to back up your alibi, and hope for the best.

Unless he/they were able to hide her and take her elsewhere at a later time, she is not going to be far, imo.

I think they'll find her and the tire cover together.

I have more, but touchpad typing is a PITB .. So I'll just end by saying, this is all speculation, gut feeling, and my opinion only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff