GUILTY NC - Eve Carson, 22, UNC student, shot to death, Chapel Hill, 5 March 2008 - #2

He shot at her in the car and the bullet hit her laptop. I think she probably jumped out and ran for her life. Oh Lordy, this is heartbreaking.

Don't worry luckyme. Most likely WRAL will lose the live feed for the defense in the afternoon, lol.

(I will keep notes if it is on:)

He shot at her in the car and the bullet hit her laptop. I think she probably jumped out and ran for her life. Oh Lordy, this is heartbreaking.

Yep. Hes not crying for eve. While this trial is going on my sons car broke down and he is away at college. He had to walk home to his apt from work at midnight for 2 weeks. I made him call me and talk to me while he was walking. I was mortified. he works at a fast food place across from campus. He made the mistake of telling me a worker was robbed going to their vehicle after work. I was paranoid. Car is finally fixed now. Its just sad that u cant send ur children off to advance their education without people like this preying on them. moo

Eve's cell.....

tossed from car...

circumstantial evidence...

Now talking about attempt to use atm card used at morehead mini mart....in lovettes hood....he called Mcneil to pick him up there about 5 minutes prior to using the card.

Yep. Hes not crying for eve. While this trial is going on my sons car broke down and he is away at college. He had to walk home to his apt from work at midnight for 2 weeks. I made him call me and talk to me while he was walking. I was mortified. he works at a fast food place across from campus. He made the mistake of telling me a worker was robbed going to their vehicle after work. I was paranoid. Car is finally fixed now. Its just sad that u cant send ur children off to advance their education without people like this preying on them. moo

Oh you must have been worried sick luckyme. I lol'd at you making him talk to you while walking home from work, I do the same thing.

My son graduated college in '08 and I prayed for his safety everyday. He almost died in an accident on a wave runner in '06. I thank God every day that I didn't lose him. (no booze or drugs involved, just a young man who thinks he is invincible being a daredevil)

Now talking about Shanita Love's recount of disposal of lovette's gun and then they took the shotgun out back and beat it up before dispoing of it. SL has 2 misdemeanors.

Im back. I was worried that i would miss defense. guess not. lol. Im glad ur sons ok WM. These trials make me jaded. I hope justice is served to this guy! moo

What that testified to at either trial? I havent been able to follow much and I didnt know if we ever had gotten the story, the chain of events of the actual shooting. I know the one friend said one of them had admitted a lot of if, but there werent many details (or maybe it was just that some of the details werent in the new article I read).

What that testified to at either trial? I havent been able to follow much and I didnt know if we ever had gotten the story, the chain of events of the actual shooting. I know the one friend said one of them had admitted a lot of if, but there werent many details (or maybe it was just that some of the details werent in the new article I read).

Yep! The prosecutor just said that he shot at her and it hit her laptop. I believe he was aiming to kill her. Sickening. She had to be so frightened. :banghead:

The SA just said that lovette stopped the car and walked around to take Eve out of the car and shot at her while she was holding her laptop.

One witness recounted that lovette said he shot her 5 times. The laptop and 1 bullet casing were found in the Highlander. the casing from the car matched the 4 casings fro the .25 caliber found near Eve. 6 shots altogether including the shotgun. the first one hit the laptop instead of eve.

Now on break. hope this makes sense as I am bit under the weather today...

wm

Yep! The prosecutor just said that he shot at her and it hit her laptop. I believe he was aiming to kill her. Sickening. She had to be so frightened. :banghead:

I wonder if that was in the testimony of Lovette's friend. I missed it. It seems weird that they would try to shoot her still in the back seat like that. or maybe she tried to run and take the laptop with her and that is how/when it happened. It doesnt matter in the least really, but I was always just confused about how that laptop got shot and why.

The prosecution did a great job presenting the sequence of events and linking it to the evidence and the defendent to Eve's murder. time stamped videos, atm receipts, cell phone calls, Eve's laptop, a receipt where lovette bought some new shoes etc. I was very compelling. They really painted the picture for me. (I am pretending to be a juror while watching, lol) My reaction is 'oh, it all makes sense now'.

This is so sad. Eve had bought a new pair of NIKE's (earlier that day, IIRC) and they were still in the box and bag in the front passenger floor.:(

wm

I wonder if that was in the testimony of Lovette's friend. I missed it. It seems weird that they would try to shoot her still in the back seat like that. or maybe she tried to run and take the laptop with her and that is how/when it happened. It doesnt matter in the least really, but I was always just confused about how that laptop got shot and why.

I think he aimed at the laptop to scare her. Casing was found in car. i always wondered why they didnt take laptop and her new nike shoes? I guess they were only interested in the money and killing. moo :furious:

The SA said that Eve was probably resisting lovette removeing her from the Highlander and he shot at her while she was holding the laptop and that's how the bullet casing ended up in the car. Said it was the first shot.

I am typing so fast trying to remember everthing. Sorry for any errors. I am on cough medicine today and have sore ribs from hacking all night. Yuck!

I say GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prosecution is doing a fabuloous job of presenting the sequence of events! MOO

Hear, hear!! You took the words out of my mouth, matilda!!

I was very impressed that 2nd Chair ADA Ransford 1) was given a chance to play a big part in the closing, and 2) that he did a gr-r-reat job of it. Patient, calm, letting his words sometimes just "hang there" while the jury pondered what he said, and using so many visuals. It is very true that one picture is worth 1,000 words -- he was just drilling in every piece of evidence, and backed it up with visuals. Grade A+ to the young attorney.

And then DA Woodall showed The Law as they will have to consider it with the evidence presented. They painted that cool-as-a-cucumber, cold, uncaring, greedy and heartless Lovette into a corner with evidence all around him, and he will be unable to get through it -- just like little Eve was that horrible night. She couldn't escape from the fences those two put around her, and now Mr. Lovette is also fenced-in. Serves him right.:furious:

How can a sensible person ignore the evidence and the law? All it will take is 12 people of average intelligence (no brainiacs needed in this one, folks) to just use reason and good sense, and they absolutely have to come to one conclusion -- guilty beyond any IMO doubt. Beyond reasonable doubt was arrived-at early on in this trial, I think. Just do it.

Bravo, Prosecutors, the people of the State of North Carolina thank and salute you.

That's what I think...
icon6.gif
.. :twocents:

I hope that he is scared to death in prison everyday of his life!!!!!

Does anybody recall the testimony of the witness who said lovette stated he shot her from top to bottom or something like that?

I'm gonna have to review Eve's autopsy report (as much as i rather not) because I thought she was shot from behind in the arm, torso and buttocks as well as the left side of her face. All the shots from the .25 were on the same side of her body as well as the shotgun blast to her temple.

The SA said that Eve was probably resisting lovette removeing her from the Highlander and he shot at her while she was holding the laptop and that's how the bullet casing ended up in the car. Said it was the first shot.

I am typing so fast trying to remember everthing. Sorry for any errors. I am on cough medicine today and have sore ribs from hacking all night. Yuck!

If thats true, she was resisting getting out, then she knew what was about to happen. She knew the only reason they w ould stop out there in the middle of the street was to kill her. That could make sense though. I had forgotten that it was Lovette that had the pistol, not Atwater.

Does anybody recall the testimony of the witness who said lovette stated he shot her from top to bottom or something like that?

I'm gonna have to review Eve's autopsy report (as much as i rather not) because I thought she was shot from behind in the arm, torso and buttocks as well as the left side of her face. All the shots from the .25 were on the same side of her body as well as the shotgun blast to her temple.

It was the male friend that is in jail. Is it james? The one that helped him get rid of the gun.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back