CO - Nathaniel Tallman, 25, Lafayette, 21 Jan 2014

Car belonging to missing Lafayette man was found in south Boulder

http://www.dailycamera.com/lafayette-news/ci_25142385/car-belonging-missing-lafayette-man-was-found-south?source=pkg

"Lafayette police Cmdr. Brian Rosipajla said that someone recognized Tallman's black black 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer in the area of Foothills Parkway and South Boulder Road at about 11 a.m. Thursday.

Rosipajla said the car was processed and impounded as evidence.

Several employees at an office building at 75 Manhattan Drive said today that Tallman's car was parked at their building, and that it had been there about a week. The employees said to their knowledge Tallman did not frequent the building, which houses a variety of business offices."

http://www.dailycamera.com/lafayette-news/ci_25142385/car-belonging-missing-lafayette-man-was-found-south?source=pkg

20140214_121223_Capture.jpg

A picture of a Mitsubishi Lancer similar to the one driven by Nathaniel Tallman. (Lafayette Police Department)

Hopefully the discovery of the vehicle helps lead to Nate.

"Boulder District Attorney Stan Garnett said today his office was "assisting" in the search, though he could not say to what extent."

So many questions...first question is if there was any damage to his vehicle?

A surveillance cam must have captured something somewhere. Hope Nate has not been harmed.

Hope this is the break in the case that can help bring Nate home to his worried family!!

Sounds like LE is putting in a good effort in this case. Glad to see this. Glad to see the DA is getting involved!

Somebody had to have seen people getting in and out of that car at some point. There are homes all around those offices!! Prayers and good positive thoughts headin up for this poor family. :( I hope they find some answers.

From the map, South Boulder Rd is a straight route from the area where he was last seen. It is also a direct route via Hwy 36. I would be searching around and within this triangle. jmo

I hope the location of where his car was found is not a red herring.

Does anyone know if there are any organized searches planned? I would be willing to drive over there and help!

So, who parked Nate's car there, and why?

Where is Nate?

It's usually not a good sign when someone's vehicle is found abandoned. :( Hope this isn't the case!

I'm so glad there has been a break. I just can't help feel a bit frustrated that his car was sitting there a week. Perhaps if he had more coverage someone would have called it in earlier.

That doesn't seem to be a very bright place to dump a car, imo. Whoever placed it there would know it would eventually be found, and fairly soon. So, either its a red herring, or it was a convenient dump for whatever reason. Pure speculation on my part

I think I'll take a little road trip this weekend. The weather is supposed to be nice. I have mapped some points of interest which might be worth checking out, jmo.

Well I don't know what to make of this, too few details. Drug related, maybe? Hope he is okay.

Does not sound good...a lot depends on what, if anything, was found in or around the car.

That doesn't seem to be a very bright place to dump a car, imo. Whoever placed it there would know it would eventually be found, and fairly soon. So, either its a red herring, or it was a convenient dump for whatever reason. Pure speculation on my part

I think I'll take a little road trip this weekend. The weather is supposed to be nice. I have mapped some points of interest which might be worth checking out, jmo.
Actually, it seems to have been a pretty good place to hide the car. It was only recently reported and supposedly had been there a week (that anyone had noticed). What I find odd is that the location is NOT on the way to where Nate was heading. I would have thought he would just jump on 287 if he were going to Longmont.

Smells fishy to me. I've lost count of how many times an attempt is made to throw LE off the scent. A forensic check of the car will answer that pretty quick smart.
Something I noticed with this case is that everything is new - new car, new home, new life etc. I'd want to know what he left behind.
Has anyone picked up his birth date? I'm stumped.

Travel safe Margarita. I'd hate to have to give up my cocktails.

Does not sound good...a lot depends on what, if anything, was found in or around the car.

I hope you are wrong this time. When a District Attorney is "assisting in the search" it suggests to me that they feel a crime has been committed, after finding his vehicle.

It seems IMO the investigation has taken a turn.

The car was dumped a short walk away from the Boulder Park and Ride. An easy place to catch a bus to just about anywhere in the Denver metro area.

To me, this indicates only one person was involved in dumping the car.

Certainly not the place you'd leave a stripped car that you'd carjacked. I guess the family organized a search near where the car was found over the weekend. A woman posted on the donations page that someone came to her house in Fort Collins looking for Nate at 3:30 a.m. This is a really odd case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa
Back