Morgan to Depose George, Cindy & Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Conway wait until 2 days before depositions to request a delay?

It stops the process until the Judge responds. If the Judge is busy, then it causes a delay. Judge must make an offical response, in a timely manor. Then it must be rebooked in the courtroom. IIRC.

Why would Conway wait until 2 days before depositions to request a delay?

Maybe hoping to get them delayed until a hearing on his late motion. He's already admitted they have limited information that's relevant. I don't understand how he can conversely claim the purpose is other than to gain this info.

From that article:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- An attorney for Casey Anthony's parents has filed a motion to prevent them from giving depositions in the Zenaida Gonzalez civil suit.
The lawyer for George and Cindy Anthony said in the motion Tuesday that forcing them to give depositions in the suit is nothing more than an attempt to annoy and embarrass them.
~~~~~~

I agree with this. Casey is the defendant in this suit, not the A's. Casey is the one who gave ZG's name to LE. There is nothing the A's can say that will help either side. If they say Casey has mentioned the name in the past, it doesn't prove that she was talking about this particular ZG or that she didn't make the whole thing up. If they say they never met ZG, what does that prove? Certainly not that this is the ZG Casey accused. I believe this is nothing but harassment of the A's and it's totally unnecessary.

When did it become wrong to depo witnesses, etc?

As for the article, the whole case is about defamation. Yet look at their lawyer doing it some more.

Hope I do this right got this off this URL---bolded by me:

"In another report about the defamation suit, WESH-Channel 2 reported that Brad Conway, attorney for George and Cindy Anthony, has filed a motion that the depositions of his clients be delayed or be done in writing." What? git real!!!!!!
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/02/casey-anthony-case--10.html

It was going to be filmed. The media was going to be there. I understand why they would want to try and prevent that. But it's allowed here in Florida.

The 'in writing' works in their favor as well. The questions have to be written down in advance. And it would be rather impossible to add to the questions, based upon the answers. <wink> Would give time to think and verify the answer before writting it down.

I understand the reasoning. But it's asking for special favors for being Anthony s.

That they do ! Has a motion been filed ?

The Anthony's lawyer said attorney John Morgan's plan to depose the Anthonys in front of the press is ludicrous. He plans to ask a judge to at least postpone the depositions until the Anthonys are in better shape psychologically to answer more questions.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18775504/detail.html

What is the purpose of have them deop's in front of the press? If it was me I would want my attorney to fight it too. There is just no need for that. Maybe the judge will make it so that they have to do the depos but not in front of the press.

What is the purpose of have them deop's in front of the press? If it was me I would want my attorney to fight it too. There is just no need for that. Maybe the judge will make it so that they have to do the depos but not in front of the press.

I think in an earlier thread this is discussed. The rules, laws, etc.

Even if the media wasn't there, it's allowed to be filmed. Which can be released to the media, etc.

IT will be interesting to see what the judge can do. I don't think he can do anything, unless it's requested. And they can't keep requeting ideas, until they get it right. The Anthonys lawyer needs to really study this and come up with somthing that has been allowed in the past, etc. That will give the judge something to work with.

The judge can not work with the "we are sooo grieved", because then it's an open excuse for anyone and everyone to use. Can't just do this because the A's are special. The lawyer has to do the work, the Judge can not do it for them.

I'm sure Brad can get George out of the depo, after all he is supposed to be under psychiatric care after his suicide scare.

It was going to be filmed. The media was going to be there. I understand why they would want to try and prevent that. But it's allowed here in Florida.

The 'in writing' works in their favor as well. The questions have to be written down in advance. And it would be rather impossible to add to the questions, based upon the answers. <wink> Would give time to think and verify the answer before writting it down.

I understand the reasoning. But it's asking for special favors for being Anthony s.

Well, the "in writing" sure wouldn't work for CA. She can't say "YES" or "NO". She will need 3 blank sheets behind each page of questions. If she can't answer yes or no can she then plead the 5th? Wished I knew the rules with these lawyer games.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18786804/detail.html

In his motion, attorney Brad Conway points out that George Anthony recently tried to commit suicide. He also acknowledged that both he and Cindy Anthony are getting professional help to deal with the grief of losing their granddaughter

Great. Then it should not be difficult for Brad to produce a document from George and Cindy's psychiatrist to bolster his objection. Right?
I would also expect to him to bring documentation from the hospital George checked himself into as well as the out-patient facility Brad reported George using since his release. Those, plus he and Cindy's professional help therapist document is sure to get them a stay of deposition.
Of course, there is that pesky little problem of the doctors/ therapists allowing Cindy and George to travel to Satsuma and thrust themselves into even more trauma...hmmm.

Cindy doesn't care about the filming....she loves it. She doesn't like being confronted about her lies. She has admitted that kc spoke of Zanny for years and she trusted kc and had no need to ever meet Zany.

George stated to LE and was videotaped.. that when he asked Caylee about Zanny(?) there was no response, so in his opinion, he didn't think there ever was a "nanny"..Did GA say Zanny or Nanny?....if he used Zanny then they BOTH had knowledge of the name and the court needs to know when and under what circumstances they heard this name. This is fair and reasonable. Cindy and George are playing games....once again.

Lee is clear and never contradicted himself...he said he never heard the name Zanny till July 15/16.

I don't agree with the filing of this lawsuit at all but it is done. Apparently, JB fired back with a lawsuit of his own against ZG, so...it is even.....Let the Lawsuits Begin!

I agree the draining of the bloodmoney off Caylee's name like an Ann Rice vampire fest needs to stop. I just do not agree that this ZG should be able to make money off her because someone else might. This woman has been cleared by LE and any other pursuit of "justice" to reclaim a name that has been cleared is a smokescreen for her own money grubbing antics.

She won't.

She isn't asking for enough to cover the cost of this lawyer's personal attention.

To a big name personal injury attorney, the amount ZG is asking for in damages isn't worth missing lunch over.

There are bigger issues here. I am very glad somebody came to the aid of ZG who is hardly in a position to defend herself.

IMO

From that article:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- An attorney for Casey Anthony's parents has filed a motion to prevent them from giving depositions in the Zenaida Gonzalez civil suit.
The lawyer for George and Cindy Anthony said in the motion Tuesday that forcing them to give depositions in the suit is nothing more than an attempt to annoy and embarrass them.
~~~~~~

I agree with this. Casey is the defendant in this suit, not the A's. Casey is the one who gave ZG's name to LE. There is nothing the A's can say that will help either side. If they say Casey has mentioned the name in the past, it doesn't prove that she was talking about this particular ZG or that she didn't make the whole thing up. If they say they never met ZG, what does that prove? Certainly not that this is the ZG Casey accused. I believe this is nothing but harassment of the A's and it's totally unnecessary.

ZG's lawyer has the right to subpoena and depose anyone with knowledge of any contested event.

My lawyer has deposed people for suits filed by me. I've been deposed.

If you just tell what you know truthfully, it isn't harrassment.

IMO

If this lawsuit is simply to publically and legally clear this ZFG, then how can C&A possibly contribute to that considering the've never met the 'Nanny', the never spoke to the 'Nanny' and they never even saw a picture of the 'Nanny'. They can't possibly say that the woman in front of them is or is not the ZFG their daughter was referring to.

Then all they have to do is say that.

They can say what they were told by KC about her. They've already been in the media describing what they were told, now it will be in the court record.

Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member