GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been thinking about the rolling trash can. I've always been bothered by the fact that chances are if not for the "odor", that can would never have been looked at closely. If the remains were kept in the refrigerator, how long would it take for the odor to get to the level that respirators were needed?

When did he place the remains in the trash can? Was that why he joined her friends that night? If the odor was so strong at 10 AM, why didn't the friends smell something that night?

Is there a chance the "rolling trash can" was somewhere else and brought within feet from Lauren's door that morning?

I don't understand the "no smell" either. One report said the police checked her apartment that morning and found nothing unusual. Then they came back a couple hours later and smelled the trash can.

Thanks Always, I do recall reading that recollection of her run with friends. My point was really not so much about HOW she got her name, but why they all seem to be sexual in nature or about male or female genitalia in some way. I realize members can like it or leave it, but it just seems all names have a sexual theme in common.

While you're talking about the group, I read that one person would design a route for a run and that person would be the only person who knew the route until they actually made the run. I believe it had to have turns and u-turns and all kinds of things ending up back where they started.

I wonder if she had planned that last run and did a practice run possibly being followed home and murdered. Just a thought.

Of course I don't know if they had certain days to run and she was close to leaving for Atlanta.

Just a thought.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 25 June 2011

Hope I'm linking this right, it's in thread #1 of the LG threads and should link to a post made by Indy Anna. Maybe that post and others made around that time will help with some of the questions being asked a few posts back about Boni Bush entering the apartment in the time before LG's body was discovered. Haven't read over all the replies that have been written since that was brought up, so I apologize if this duplicates another's efforts.

I have been thinking about the rolling trash can. I've always been bothered by the fact that chances are if not for the "odor", that can would never have been looked at closely. If the remains were kept in the refrigerator, how long would it take for the odor to get to the level that respirators were needed?

When would he have potentially, placed the remains in the trash can? Was that why he joined her friends that night, nervous? If the odor was so strong at 10 AM, why didn't the friends smell something that night?

Is there a chance the "rolling trash can" was somewhere else and brought within feet from Lauren's door that morning?

I'm thinking you're correct about this, Knox. Maybe he not only went with them so that he could enter LG's apartment and have a reason for his prints and DNA to be there, but to help guide the friends on their search AWAY from the garbage can.

Don't know if you guys have heard this interview but it's post on WMAZ. Kaitlyn gives a good account of the day that she got REALLY worried and how she was in touch with Lauren's friends about not having heard from her.

She also talks about the family's knowledge of Stephen and how Lauren invited him to go out with the whole class the Thursday before graduation. She told her family that she was glad he came. Pretty interesting....

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/ar...dings-Sister-Talks-About-Police-Investigation

I'm thinking you're correct about this, Knox. Maybe he not only went with them so that he could enter LG's apartment and have a reason for his prints and DNA to be there, but to help guide the friends on their search AWAY from the garbage can.

I think if he had just gotten rid of the body, that the smell would have permeated his hair and clothes. That smell is not something you can just walk away from IMO. Maybe I'm just trying to talk my way out of it being SM because I don't want it to be him.

Even going so far as to leave the apartments and search the law library
icon12.gif

Don't know if you guys have heard this interview but it's post on WMAZ. Kaitlyn gives a good account of the day that she got REALLY worried and how she was in touch with Lauren's friends about not having heard from her.

She also talks about the family's knowledge of Stephen and how Lauren invited him to go out with the whole class the Thursday before graduation. She told her family that she was glad he came. Pretty interesting....

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/ar...dings-Sister-Talks-About-Police-Investigation

When I watch the video at your link, I don't hear the sister talk about the part I've bolded in your post? Nor do I see this in the print version at the same link...? Does anybody else? Could it have been edited since being posted?? Now that would be STRANGE...!

thanks for posting this!

for a moment i thought he didn't, but i think he did. The only way i can see this going down, is....i think he had some deep seeded issues. I think he might have formed a little crush on lauren because she was nice to him and didn't exclude (which is much different than including.) i think he felt a connection with her because he had been going into her apartment for a couple of months, if not years, and thought from the little clues and signs that he saw that they could be together. He might have had some sort of fantasy that if she would just break up with "that guy" in atlanta then she would see that they would be perfect together. I think maybe the last couple of times he went in, she might have suspected him as the one going in and wrote an email stating this. She might have expressed fear of him. I think he read it and it enraged him because he had this "connection" with her in his mind and he snapped. I think he probably had some big hatred/jealousy and a sense of superiority over the "good ole boys" in law school that the girls fawned over. He went into their apartments and took tabs on their condom usage. He probably took their last one or two condoms as a little joke thinking that they would get someone pregnant or an std in the heat of the moment and that would be just deserts for their careless behavior.
Lauren had been working for the underdogs of the world but was dating a high dollar atty who was nothing more than the antithesis of what he thought an attorney should be and what he probably thought she was. I think he probably got a sick satisfaction that the atty boyfriend didn't report her missing and was out of the state. The boyfriend's lack of response was gratifying because it proved his theory that he wasn't in love with her the way he was.

givesmetheshivers!!

I have been thinking about the rolling trash can. I've always been bothered by the fact that chances are if not for the "odor", that can would never have been looked at closely.

Something that you made me think about when you said this. I drove by the apartments either last Thursday, or the Thursday before, and the garbage truck just happened to be there picking up the trash at the apartments. They are smaller dumpsters, and it looked like the garbage people were picking up the cans and dumping them into the truck, not like the regular trucks that come around that have the gadgets that pick up the cans and mechanically pour the contents into the big trucks. I'm thinking that even if LE didn't get there in time to smell the odor, the workers would have, since they get that close to the dumpsters.

In the scenario I have envisioned, SM did not place the torso there until the wee hours of Thursday morning .... some time after cops/friends left. Like, he knew the gig was up and had to do something quick, and trash collection was conveniently later that morning. This scenario assumes the torso had been stored in downstairs fridge for at least some of the time between Sunday and Thurs AM. My guess is it would still smell strongly even if only exposed out there for 6-8 hours, but I am no expert on decomp.

All MOO .... of course could be completely off.

COMPLETELY.....just interesting that people keep being fuond dead in macon.

This is off-topic, but reminds me of what my nephew as a little boy said when we (from a rural neighboring county) drove by Rose Hill Cemetery in Macon: "There sure is a lot of dead people in Macon!"

I've never smelled a decomposing body fortunately. However I used to be an ICU nurse and I can tell you there are some smells that you can't get rid of by removing gloves and an isolation gown. Some smells just stick to you. I think of that every time I see his long hair.

When I watch the video at your link, I don't hear the sister talk about the part I've bolded in your post? Nor do I see this in the print version at the same link...? Does anybody else? Could it have been edited since being posted?? Now that would be STRANGE...!

thanks for posting this!

It's in the first 3 or 4 minutes in the video.

thanks for posting this!

I just clicked on the link from your re-post and it goes to the same one. She talks about that part at about 1:56 but it's a long interview, 11 min!

They don't recount that part in the text recap...which surprises me.

Now, I am just thoroughly confrused....the way the sister talks about Stephen and Lauren's "friendship" I would be suprised if she went anywhere with him.

Good point! So, say that this horrible murder never happened....Boni went in to Lauren's apartment while she wasn't there. Boni leaves the note on the outside of the door. The next day Lauren calls Boni and is like "oh hey, sorry, I've been holed up in the library I just haven't had time to call you."

Would Boni have ever admitted that she went into her tenant's apartment without permission or would she let that one slide? A landlord that wasn't afraid to tell her tenant she went inside probably would have left it on her desk or kitchen counter or whatever.

Maybe Stephen is not the only one around that place that likes to go into apartments and peruse while they think the tenant is not there. But this whole thing probably doesn't have any bearing on the case whatsoever.

I'm sure she doesnt' snoop.....mercy.......she needed to take possession for the next tenant and She left the note on the outside once she saw Lauren hadn't moved, probably didnt' suspect she really shouldn't enter (without notice to tenant prior to entering) since she thought Lauren was going to be moved out already.

It's in the first 3 or 4 minutes in the video.

Thanks, and --this is so strange -- now it's there for me, too. the whole long interview. But I swear that when I first went to the link, the video was a much shorter one, just an excerpt from the long interview, and the whole part about Lauren/Stephen, about Kaitlyn meeting SM, etc., was not in it... weird. The whole thing that played when I first went to the link wasn't more than a couple of minutes long at the most.

Guess everybody will think I'm nuts or really incompetent now ...but for real, it happened!!

Other interesting things in that video-

Kaitlyn asked Lauren's friend to go into her apartment and check on her that night.

Mercer Security went to the apartment that night at 10:00, but found nothing suspicious. Kaitlyn called 911 after that and MPD also came to the apartment that night.

Lauren never said she felt unsafe or scared in that email.

The first time Kaitlyn met McD was at the bar. The whole class was going out for a pre-graduation celebration that night and Lauren had mentioned the get together to McD. Lauren remarked to Kaitlyn she was glad McD came, that he usually never went out with her friends

Lauren's Father speaks to LE everyday.

(Paraphrased the above, may not be exact wording)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23