MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that comes to mind for me is maybe the parents are frustrated to continually see them searching the woods around the house when they think someone has her and has taken her farther away. Maybe they think LE is wasting valuable time and that's why they drove off in a huff. They are in a position of having to entrust Baby Lisa's life to LE and if they think the focus is off and time is being wasted maybe they were furious and some argument with LE followed causing them to disengage from LE?

This explanation makes total logical sense. This type of argument would produce the same reactions we see here on both sides.

It does not explain to me the WHY in the LE calling an immediate emergency type press conference. As another poster noted earlier, this kind of squabble usually is kept close by LE. They usually do not like differences like these to be batted around by press. HMMMMMMMMM

there is a chance that LE is thinking this: Mom gave too much cold meds to child and she died, mom calls hub at work and tells him what happened, hub tells her wait until I get home, hub comes home and they work up a plan, hide the baby somewhere, and rid of the phones too because she called him on his cell phone. If this is the case LE needs enough probably cause to get a subpoena to their cell phone records and I don't think they have it. Maybe LE asked them to provide that information and they refused then stopped cooperating.

bbm

The parents reported the phones stolen along with a 10 month old baby, that's all the probable cause they need.

moo

This explanation makes total logical sense. This type of argument would produce the same reactions we see here on both sides.

It does not explain to me the WHY in the LE calling an immediate emergency type press conference. As another poster noted earlier, this kind of squabble usually is kept close by LE. They usually do not like differences like these to be batted around by press. HMMMMMMMMM

Testosterone
Ego
Knowing the parents might go public.

Another possibility is the parents want to get as much info out to the public as possible and LE wants to get as little out as possible. Parents feel the more the higher the chance she is brought home whlie LE feels they don't want the public to know whats going on.

Just the two trains of thoughts could have brought a rupture

Your right to a certain extent I can see the "rupture". I have tried to put myself in the parents mind. There have been statements "we don't have much" "47 tips" really????? only 47? "Were back in the woods" I'm certainly not doggin LE here, but imagine being a parent being told to let LE do their job and this many days have passed? I just can't imagine how I would be reacting at this point either. I would think total cooperation all along, but thank goodness I'm just typing this and not really living it. Where are you baby girl? Just be safe and warm....

Cluciano, if one of my grandkids was missing, LE would be welcome to torture me if they thought it would help.

But at the cost of wasting precious time? I'm thinking that might be where the parents are coming from and this could be the reason for them no longer cooperating with LE. Maybe the parents feel like LE is focusing so much attention on them and the possibility that they hurt Lisa, that important other avenues and possible suspects aren't being looked into. That's the only thing I can come up with that would make me stop cooperating with LE if it were my child.

MOO is that they are forcing JI to make the next move to progress this.

I do not understand refusing to cooperate with LE if my child were missing. They would be my best resource for getting my child back. Maybe...maybe if LE were centering on me at the exclusion of all others, I might change my mind about this...but even then, I honestly believe it would take me a long time dealing with LE suspicion before calling things quits. Because I KNOW that if I refuse to cooperate, LE isn't going to look anywhere else, which would put my child in danger. But even if I thought they were focusing too much on me, I'd keep trying to work them in the chance that they'd realize I wasn't involved and focus on other leads...this would be what is in my child's best interest. I might hire a lawyer...but I'd still work with them. I've never seen a case where LE 'targeted' an innocent family and said innocent family went out on their own to find the child...I just cannot imagine cutting LE off totally.

I thought the family's story was legit, despite my wondering over such a unique perp that would be so brazen as to turn on lights and know so much about their routine and still go under the radar. Now, I am questioning my previous 'logic', and that breaks my heart as much as this case does.

One thing I did catch in the interview today is when Jeffrey said "then WE found Lisa not in her bed" instead of saying "I" so was this a change of story? I just figured they are grief stricken with a lack of sleep but, now I wonder if the dad is having trouble keeping his story straight.

He seems overwhelmed and exhausted. I'm not ready to say the parents are guilty yet; they may know more than they are saying i.e. who MAY have done this, but they are raw emotionally.Think of Billie Dunn and her demeanor and compare that with these parents.

This won't be popular but I'll say it anyway - if anything like this ever happens to you, get a lawyer immediately; THIS DOES NOT MEAN you can't cooperate fully with the police, and I know you would. What it means is that your rights are protected. But I'm guilty of nothing! you say. Fine - then you really need a lawyer. I've read of too many cases - one would be too many - where LE put the screws to parents who were guilty of nothing and fell into a trap. It happens. Forget the "Oh, they lawyered up!" crowd. Know your rights.

Shutting down the command post imo led to the lack of cooperation...I am almost certain of this if I am certain of anything.

Obviously with a few other frustrations as well but if Young acted with them the way he did in the presser...well...

However, Capt. Young said that there no plans to shut down the command post, during this last presser.

Capt. Young: "We have no plans to close the command center yet, but it will close at some point."
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com... 10/7/2011 12:04:42 AM 8:04 PM

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1a3KYM7Vt

Why would he say that while saying the parents were not cooperating, then after the presser have someone else issue a statement that the command post was being taken down? That doesn't make sense to me. I think the taking down of the command post was a last minute thing that occurred after the preser.

I guess I see it different, I assume the command post is being shut down b/c of lack of cooperation by the parents, not the other way around.

I just like to thank people for showing me my flaws in my guess work. It does help to weed through the different scenarios. I really mean a big Thank you!

Really, either the PC was false, to let someone think that the parents are no longer cooperating (although since they already gave a list of names to police, not sure what good that would do) OR they really have decided to stop talking to police, which is hardly helpful and not a good sign. JMO

I guess I see it different, I assume the command post is being shut down b/c of lack of cooperation by the parents, not the other way around.

It shouldn't matter who is cooperating if they are searching the area for Lisa. Lisa is the one that needs to be found no matter what the parents say or do or anyone else says and does.

Shutting down the command post, that essentially says no more searches...that didn't come from parents not cooperating.
ETA they could believe 100% that the parents are guilty and they should still be searching.

ETA2..you could even argue they should be searching even harder so need the command post more

The only thing the timing tells me is someone lied earlier...or fudged the truth

These officers have searched ..lost sleep..skipped time off...

ya know Breeanns parents never stopped cooperating.

Sorry but this case is starting to remind me of another case we saw not long ago.

Would someone from Texas be licensed to take a case in Missouri?

Possibly yes. That person could also have taken the bar or been admitted to the bar in Missouri, so that would make them valid. Attorneys can also make a motion before the court to represent someone in another district, but I believe you need to work in tandem with a licensed attorney in that state. You will want to double check with one of our verified lawyers to confirm, but that's what I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam