CA CA - Los Angeles, HispMale 2612UMCA, 25-45, hanged on stairway, Mar'95

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A few days ago, Doe Network upgraded three old Los Angeles County cases from Hot Case status. All three involve Hispanic Males, but none of them have images available

I have the PM photos from those three cases. They were on the LA County Coroner's site a few years ago, and I saved them before they took them down.

Since there aren't any images available for these cases, I decided to do a recon for them. This is the second of the three:

The Doe Network: International Center for Unidentified & Missing Persons
Case File: 2612UMCA
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2612umca.html
NamUs UP3620 https://identifyus.org/cases/3620

67f36ba8-61f0-4dc0-a575-b9496e2ef92b.jpg

Unidentified Male
Date of Discovery: March 7, 1995
Location of Discovery: Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California
Estimated Date of Death: Same day
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Hanging​

Physical Description
** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Age: 25-45 years old
Race: Hispanic
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 135 lbs.
Hair Color: Dark brown, shoulder-length and straight.
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Multiple old scars, possibly hesitation scars, on his left forearm.​

Identifiers
Dentals: Available.
Fingerprints: Available.
DNA: Not available - Insufficient DNA for profiling.​

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Blue Levi's, blue sweatshirt, white T-shirt, brown and blue Penelton style jacket, white shoes, and gray socks.
Jewelry: None
Additional Personal Items: Unknown​

Case History

The victim was located unresponsive hanging from the handrail of an outdoor stairway at 222 North Hill Street in Los Angeles. He was pronounced dead at the scene.​

Investigating Agency(s)
If you have any information about this case please contact;

Agency Name: Los Angeles County Coroner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Daniel Machian
Agency Phone Number: 323-343-0754 or 323-222-0343
e-mail: dmachian@coroner.lacounty.gov

Agency Case Number: 1995-01840
NCIC Case Number: U951172569
NamUs Case Number: UP #3620
Former Hot Case Number: 678

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.​

An added note - When I checked the address listed (222 North Hill Street), I realized that it is the address of the Los Angeles County Hall of Records.

I was only a block away from there when this happened.

About a month earlier, I had started a new job at the Los Angeles Municipal Court, which was only a block south of there.

Just one block east of there (at the Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Courthouse), the OJ Simpson murder trial was going on.

do you think he really hung himself there, or the report was written there or there was no location so they just wrote that it? i have seen that happen in past.

if he did do it htere, do you think maybe he found something out, like one of his kids was not his, or one of his parents was not his, or his wife filed for divorce or something?

An added note - When I checked the address listed (222 North Hill Street), I realized that it is the address of the Los Angeles County Hall of Records.

I was only a block away from there when this happened.

About a month earlier, I had started a new job at the Los Angeles Municipal Court, which was only a block south of there.

Just one block east of there (at the Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Courthouse), the OJ Simpson murder trial was going on.

do you think he really hung himself there, or the report was written there or there was no location so they just wrote that it? i have seen that happen in past.

if he did do it htere, do you think maybe he found something out, like one of his kids was not his, or one of his parents was not his, or his wife filed for divorce or something?

Looking in Google Street View, I don't see any outdoor stairways on the Hall of Records building. But there is an outdoor mall area outside (to the South) of the Hall of Records that looked much different in 1995. I do remember that the Metro Rail Red Line subway station was under construction at the time.

What was he hanging by?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Possibly some kind of cord or wire I'm thinking which is usually what suiciders would use to hang themselves. Even possibly his clothing too like his jacket...

@hey2525 please submit. That looks like a strong potential match. Please let us know once you’ve sent it in and if you get a response.

I'm wondering if there is any significance to the location he was found or if he chose it at random. Were isotopes ever done on him?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back