What I saw/heard Thursday Frye Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amil

Reaction score
Whew - what a day! First, Tony Pipetone brought in a stadium cushion, then B. Sheaffer brought in two stadium cushions - those wooden benches are hard! JB was wearing a winter suit jacket and was flitting around trying to organize and actually find what he needed from the abundant notebooks scattered all over his table and the table behind him. The prosecution on the other hand was cool, calm and collected. ICA turned around to Michelle M. and pointed to her work bag asking for more yellow stickies and spent quite a while putting them on pages. JB kept asking Forgey questions without himself knowing the answer which wasted the court's time to no end. LDB had to direct the witness to the correct page during JB's examination. Made JB look bad from the get-go. Michelle M. got up and went to a woman sitting on the back row of the prosecution side and they left. When Michelle returned, she told the deputy the woman was in a conference room. I don't know what that was about. CA's BFF's phone went off about 10AM!!
Holly B. came in late. Her blouse was as low-cut as ICA's was yesterday!! The man sitting behind J.A. is a law prof. from Univ.of Fla. CA was having a fit in her seat and finally told a deputy that he was a witness and shouldn't be in the courtroom during the hearing. The deputy shrugged his shoulders. Then Simms had a fit about the INsessions camera capturing her laptop while he was scanning from the witness to the judge. She kept badgering him "this cannot happen". It was brought to the attention of his supervisor and to the courtroom tech engineer. Much ado about nothing since what he was capturing couldn't be seen on camera. She said bloggers could read it and were talking about it online right then. She then enlarged her font to about 2" large!!
The deputy came over to Michelle during a recess and asked to identify the front row since it is reserved for defense attorneys. ICA turned around and made eye contact with me (ugh)!!! Her mom and BFF were out of the room at the time. There is a young peroxided orange greasy haired hispanic girl sitting on that particular row with a very low cut blouse and the pants so low you can see her crack. JB uses her to run and fetch refreshments for him and his staff. (taxpayer dollars at work?)
When CA and BFF came back in the room, Tony P. came over and sat with CA and spoke for a little while. Very friendly. LDB went over to JB and said she was confused about something and he said yeah, I'm confused too. It took Finell to clarify the issue which JB could have done if he hadn't been so smarmy.

When Dr.Vass was writing on his tripod set-up, JB turned to CA, caught her eye and smirked. JB was schooled so many times today by HHBP about what a Frye issue!

Please :) can you give us that couldn't watch a blow by blow of the meltdown? TIA

Amil thank you soooo much for your updates!

As we were watching, when the cell phone went off some WSers (not me) supposed that it might be CA's--they were so very close to being right!

Can't imagine what it would be like to lock eyes with KC. Go take a long hot shower to wash that shark-like evil off you, if need be. And as always, thanks for being there for Caylee.

:floorlaugh: I knew the cell phone was related to an Anthony!

Thank you for sharing with us Amil. :blowkiss:

Interesting about Simms' little fuss, then increasing the font. Wonder what she is up to?!

Thanks, Amil for the view from the courtroom, interesting info. They let her put stickers on stuff? :banghead:

Amil, I absolutely LOVE your "behind the scenes" view that none of us can see. I remember during the Scott Peterson case we has a couple of sleuthers that were in the court room everyday and told us what happened in the hall and during recesses etc. I think it is so interesting to hear all about what goes on that the cameras don't and can't capture.

THANKYOU! I would love to come and join you when the trial starts. If that doesn't happen, keep up the good work.

Interesting about Simms' little fuss, then increasing the font. Wonder what she is up to?!

You can bet it she wasn't up to anything good.

Thank you for being there for Caylee and for helping us understand some of what was going on.
It was a long day today and I am glad you survived.

Thank you Amil - love the insider info.

So who's phone went off again in the afternoon session - CA's friend again?

Did the deputy make any of the defense groupies move out of the front row?

How many packs of gum do you figure CA went through today?

Gee, how could Sims know these mysterious "bloggers" were reading her screen unless she happened to be blogging also? Was she hoping to get some info since she and Baez were SO obviously unprepared for a Frye hearing? (Don't expect you to answer that last one, Amil, lol)!

Amil, I hung on every word of your opening post. Thanks for reporting and being our eyes today.

azwriter

Thank you so very much! These hearings would not be as interesting without your input!

Thank you Amil - love the insider info.

So who's phone went off again in the afternoon session - CA's friend again?

Did the deputy make any of the defense groupies move out of the front row?

How many packs of gum do you figure CA went through today?

Gee, how could Sims know these mysterious "bloggers" were reading her screen unless she happened to be blogging also? Was she hoping to get some info since she and Baez were SO obviously unprepared for a Frye hearing? (Don't expect you to answer that last one, Amil, lol)!

The afternoon phone belonged to an older woman on the prosecution side. She came in after I was seated. The defense groupies were up and down going in and out of the room, but when they were seated, they had front row seats. At one time there were 6 of them. One seemed dedicated to Ms.Simms. She looked a bit like Ellen Burstyn. If the defense looked disorganized it was because they were...someone at the table would turn to the seats behind them (where Boy and Finell sat) and they'd turn to the the defense groupies and someone would get up and go out and come back in.

Thanks so much for answering all of our questions! Just hitting the button didn't seem enough to thank you for dragging up the stamina (after that marathon today) to come home and rehash it all over again. And THEN to answer follow up questions.

You are very much appreciated! :seeya:

Amil, a thousand times, a thousand ways, thank you. There are not words to adequately express how valued and appreciated you are.

Amil, how do you think Dr. Vass did?

About Ms. Simms and the camera. Isn't true that defense was offered a side table so that would not happen????? Obviously they declined.

Amil, hope you can start your own thread for every hearing you attend. I always look for your posts.

The girl's 'crack' comment was too funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46