Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol- Yeah I suppose there is. I'm pretty good at what my husband calls "the stink eye" too.

Wow. It just keeps on getting better doesn't it?

So much for sleepy little backwoods towns.

Wow. It just keeps on getting better doesn't it?

So much for sleepy little backwoods towns.
2 shot dead, man arrested near Belleville
By QMI Agency
Last Updated: March 12, 2010 2:48pm
Another neighbour said he, too, was alerted by the arrival of police. "A couple of cruisers went by while I was having my coffee and I thought, 'What the hell's going on?'

"It just doesn't happen out here," he said. "It's a quiet area. That's why you live here."

Brown was taken to Quinte West OPP headquarters.

Friday's murders are the latest in a series of murders in the Quinte Region over the past few months:
* Jessica Lloyd, of Belleville, and Marie-France Comeau, of Brighton (both alleged to have been killed by Col. Russell Williams of Ottawa);
* Steffany Gardiner, (unsolved) of Prince Edward County whose body was found in North Hastings;
* Robert Vaillancourt, (unsolved) whose body was found on the bank of the Moira River in Belleville;
* Lisa-Marie Palmiere, (two arrested) found killed in a home in Trenton,
* and Mark Patterson (one charged), whose battered body was found in Rossmore.

Police are continuing to investigate the Trenton shooting.
http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa/2010/03/12/13205576.html

I think that I am going to buy a piece of property way out in the middle of nowhere and build my own village. This is INSANE.

Can you imagine...After all of the news surrounding murders in the area....

"One neighbour who arrived at the scene in tears told Global News that his daughter had spent the night at the Hannah's on Thursday for a sleepover, and that she hid in the closet at the time of the triple shooting."

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=2675341#ixzz0i1EUQP9d
The National Post is now on Facebook. Join our fan community today.

Brown's mood changed when he drank. "He has a temper," said Bury. "When he drinks, he fights. He always does. We expect it from him." He added, however, that he couldn't understand his friend's arrest
http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa/2010/03/12/13205576.html

according to his own FB page:
Dean Brown pay day ... gettin drunk now... mj"s soonYesterday at 9:08pm ·

The bodies were discovered the next morning around 6am

Old news from British newspaper dated Feb
FWIW, it mentions both parents and step-father attended same university. Also where RW was born. :waitasec: 8 other killings? this paper must be misinformed :waitasec:

Bromsgrove-born pilot who flew for the Queen now a suspected serial killer
But the Bromsgrove-born pilot is being linked to EIGHT other killings and dozens of depraved crimes.

Incredibly, highly-decorated Williams once flew the Queen to Canada for a state visit at a time when cops believe he may have been leading an evil double life.

His parents both went to Birmingham University,
The couple had another son, Harvey, but the marriage later soured and they divorced. Christine found love again with nuclear scientist Jerry Sovka – also a previous Birmingham University student

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/worcestershire-news/2010/02/21/bromsgrove-born-pilot-who-flew-for-the-queen-now-a-suspected-serial-killer-97319-25885002/

FWIW, it mentions both parents and step-father attended same university. Also where RW was born. :waitasec: 8 other killings? this paper must be misinformed :waitasec:

(Snipped & BBM)

The article mentions this number not once, but three times! Perhaps it isn't a mistake, but they have uncovered something yet to be reported by the Canadian media. Remember, it doesn't say he was charged or guilty of eight other murders, but being "linked" to them and LE "looking" at them. This seems plausible to me. I wish the local press would confirm it ... if it's true.

The release also notes the connection between RW and PB, which is strictly a rumour and has never been corroborated to my knowledge. I'm more skeptical about that than the other connections.

JMO

I am wondering what that number is about. I also wonder if any of this has anything to do with the vacation from prison the other day........

Sunday evening on TV the news show called 16:9 is doing a story on RW

Sunday evening on TV the news show called 16:9 is doing a story on RW

Thanks for posting about this flipflop. I missed the show but did manage to see a bit of the program on their website:

http://news.globaltv.com/programs/16x9/index.html

Interesting. They interviewed the neighbor who was considered a suspect at one point, and he comes of as being very normal and credible (unlike the impression given in the printed media that makes him sound a bit flakey.) A couple of new "tidbits". One, that RW's wife MEH is 52 (6 years older than him), the other - that one of the victims of the "home invasions" (yuck-I hate that term for a RAPE) had actually met him at a Christmas party prior to the rape. Also - that the suspected neighbor had asked about RW and that the investigators had indicated that given his position, he was unlikely to be questioned.

Lots to think about here...

I am wondering what that number is about. I also wonder if any of this has anything to do with the vacation from prison the other day........

I don't know why they would be so precise about a number but obviously, they are implying that there may well be other victims...Something that has been mentioned in many other news articles. It seems incredible to think that someone who (at 46 years of age) assaulted (raped) two women and killed two others in a 5 month span could not have committed other similar crimes prior. Sounds like something triggered a spree in his own neighborhood and that he likely had been more careful to conceal his possible involvement before...

JMO

Thanks for posting about this flipflop. I missed the show but did manage to see a bit of the program on their website:

http://news.globaltv.com/programs/16x9/index.html

Interesting. They interviewed the neighbor who was considered a suspect at one point, and he comes of as being very normal and credible (unlike the impression given in the printed media that makes him sound a bit flakey.) A couple of new "tidbits". One, that RW's wife MEH is 52 (6 years older than him), the other - that one of the victims of the "home invasions" (yuck-I hate that term for a RAPE) had actually met him at a Christmas party prior to the rape. Also - that the suspected neighbor had asked about RW and that the investigators had indicated that given his position, he was unlikely to be questioned.

Lots to think about here...

(BBM)

Unfortunately, I was unable to watch the video, but unless I'm mistaken, the show will air at 6:30 p.m. tomorrow. So, I don't know how the term "home invasions" was used, but it's certainly not synonymous with "rape". Rape can occur anywhere, but a home invasion is a separate crime that involved the perp in these cases literally breaking into these women's homes before sexually assaulting them.

Actually, in 1983 the legal charge of "rape" ceased to exist in Canada and was replaced by three variations of "sexual assault" charges. This was intended as a form of protection for women and men alike, where, in certain cases, there were loopholes in the old law as previously defined (e.g. a wife could not be "raped" by her husband, and men could not be victims of rape). RW has been charged with two counts of murder and two of sexual assault. So far.

HTH

As a result of this particular case, I have learned how to use google maps. I am shocked. I hope that the RCMP, OPP, RMP and all find a way to collaborate on this and get going asap! It is astounding to research missing people/murders and their proximity to RW's whereabouts and map them out. This guy did not go far from his various bases (as evidenced by what we now know) and if one takes the time to map things out there are MANY cases to look into! Geez!

MOO

(BBM)

Unfortunately, I was unable to watch the video, but unless I'm mistaken, the show will air at 6:30 p.m. tomorrow. So, I don't know how the term "home invasions" was used, but it's certainly not synonymous with "rape". Rape can occur anywhere, but a home invasion is a separate crime that involved the perp in these cases literally breaking into these women's homes before sexually assaulting them.

Actually, in 1983 the legal charge of "rape" ceased to exist in Canada and was replaced by three variations of "sexual assault" charges. This was intended as a form of protection for women and men alike, where, in certain cases, there were loopholes in the old law as previously defined (e.g. a wife could not be "raped" by her husband, and men could not be victims of rape). RW has been charged with two counts of murder and two of sexual assault. So far.

HTH

In the media, the OPP kept describing these incidents as "home invasions" which really didn't do anything to alert the public about the fact that someone was hiding in homes and raping women. I read these reports and assumed that gangs had entered homes to loot tv's! Disgusting to know what was really happening and what transpired after their failure to correctly alert the public.

Just My Opinion.

(BBM)

HTH

You can watch a portion of the video in the link that I posted above.

: )

In the media, the OPP kept describing these incidents as "home invasions" which really didn't do anything to alert the public about the fact that someone was hiding in homes and raping women. I read these reports and assumed that gangs had entered homes to loot tv's! Disgusting to know what was really happening and what transpired after their failure to correctly alert the public.

Just My Opinion.

Things can be bass ackward here, if you ask me, I think the same as you do. Sometimes we want to be so politically correct it is just plain stupid. jmo

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/worcestershire-news/2010/02/21/bromsgrove-born-pilot-who-flew-for-the-queen-now-a-suspected-serial-killer-97319-25885002/

Old news from British newspaper dated Feb 21

But the Bromsgrove-born pilot is being linked to EIGHT other killings and dozens of depraved crimes.

Incredibly, highly-decorated Williams once flew the Queen to Canada for a state visit at a time when cops believe he may have been leading an evil double life.

His parents both went to Birmingham University,
The couple had another son, Harvey, but the marriage later soured and they divorced. Christine found love again with nuclear scientist Jerry Sovka – also a previous Birmingham University student

Sorry for quoting my own post, but only now I noticed that there is a second page to that article!!!!

The potential victims > > > :eek:
Can't help but wonder HOW ON EARTH did the British press got all that info and names.

Please do take note the article is dated February 21st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni