Charges of Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood Tip of Iceberg Experts Say

If a spate of recent allegations proves true, Hollywood may have a hideous epidemic on its hands. The past two weeks have brought three separate reports of alleged child sexual abuse in the entertainment industry.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...en-in-hollywood-just-tip-iceberg-experts-say/

I wonder why Corey Feldman "can't be the one" to expose the Hollywood mogul who molested his friend Corey Haim (who died at 38)? I wish he could speak out for his friend!

I'm sure if we asked child actors who were in Hollywood in the first half of the 20th century, we'd hear all sorts of horror stories from them. Some of the child stars of days gone by have told their stories, mostly about their awful overbearing stage mothers/fathers and how difficult it was to be a child star, but I'm sure we'd hear the more horrifying stories about sexual abuse, too, if they could speak to us now. Could this be why so many turn to drugs and alcohol? Why marriages don't last? Why their children grow up to be irresponsible, highly troubled adults? I'd bet children of child stars were equally abused considering their close proximity to the film-TV industry.

It's only been in recent years where people have spoken out: abuse by priests, abuse by teachers, coaches, ministers... In the 1950s and early 1960s, sex was taboo, people hushed up everything, people covered for others, etc., and the children wouldn't have been believed anyway.

I wish Corey Feldman would finally blow the whistle on the abuser/s. It's time the criminals were stopped, time they were punished. Maybe if CF did, other victims would come forward in droves. Maybe. Alison Arngrim and every other former and current child star should speak up, too. It's time.

Wishful thinking, I know, but I can't tolerate anymore abuse of children. The thought of so many youngsters and young teens being molested is just incomprehensible!

I wish I could remember what it was, or who it was about....but a couple of years ago, I watched something, about a child of someone (cant remember who and its going to drive me nuts) in Hollywood (some famous artist, I believe) who was subjected to sexual abuse at the hands of Hollywood people, with people such as John Huston, and others present at the time. She was raped by someone famous too (of course cant remember that either), but if all of thats true, then yes, its been going on for a long time. Does anyone remember seeing this or hearing about this?

This doesn't surprise me. I remember reading an article a couple of years ago in which Shirley Temple spoke out about being molested by a couple of producers when she was at the height of her fame. Does anyone else remember this? Pedophiles are in all walks of life, but in entertainment and politics it's particularly scary because of the powerful individuals involved and the likelihood that it will all be covered up.

Long read, comment made today at the bottom. Seems interesting.

http://www.infowars.com/california-family-courts-sexual-abuse-industry/

Is this becasue <sic> the abuser is offered money to film his sexual abuse against the child so the judicial system gets a kick back. All involved would be local police, judges, children services, attorneys and even medical examinars <sic>.

The above section confuses me. That is one of the very first lines of the article but then is never elaborated upon? Is the author alleging a miscarriage of justice or that this is all intentional and that child *advertiser censored* is involved? very confusing.

as to the subject of child sexual abuse in the entertainment industry, I think if we even knew one fraction of what has been going on below the radar we would be sickened and shocked to our very cores.

Hollywood's dirty little secret is not so little. It is industry wide and pervasive.

as to the subject of child sexual abuse in the entertainment industry, I think if we even knew one fraction of what has been going on below the radar we would be sickened and shocked to our very cores.

Hollywood's dirty little secret is not so little. It is industry wide and pervasive.

ITA
I think we would be sickened and shocked not only at the perps but the parents or guardians that lead or turn a blind eye to the abuse of their child (client or cash cow) to further their career!:banghead:
I remember the little snippet in The Godfather about the producer or director and the little girl!! Unfortunately, it was probably based on reality.:furious:

Im glad Corey Feldman speaks about it but what is the reason he can't be the one to expose perps? Someone needs to do it and if not him, then who? Is the fallout too much for victims to feel responsible for?

Someone needs to be the hero here, even if it means being ostracized publicly. The total personal devastation is also the path to freedom from the demons that poor Corey Haim suffered from.

I do wonder if there is a larger fear controlling their decisions to keep quiet. A legitimate fear for their lives because of supposed Hollywood ties to underworld funding.

I wish I could remember what it was, or who it was about....but a couple of years ago, I watched something, about a child of someone (cant remember who and its going to drive me nuts) in Hollywood (some famous artist, I believe) who was subjected to sexual abuse at the hands of Hollywood people, with people such as John Huston, and others present at the time. She was raped by someone famous too (of course cant remember that either), but if all of thats true, then yes, its been going on for a long time. Does anyone remember seeing this or hearing about this?

Was it MacKenzie Phillips by any chance?

I watched girl 27, it's about the covering up of a victim of rape in hollywood over 60 years ago, and started searching on youtube after lead me to the video of Corey Feldman talking about the pedophilia, and I can understand why the person he is referring to, because the mogul most likely has some ownership in the media. I'm also sure finding the group of people who surrounded themselves with the Coreys in the 80s wouldnt be too terrible tough, just seeing who is most financially powerful, and who has the ability to coverup the result of a claim of abuse by someone.

Honest guess? Someone with a consultant or chairman position in a business like of TMZ..JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liacoletti
Back