SC - Four dead in Superbike Motorsports shooting, Chesnee, 6 Nov 2003 *Arrest*

A new article on Scott Ponder:
In September of 2003, just nine months after he acquired a Suzuki motorcycle dealership, Scott Ponder and wife Melissa learned they had a child on the way.
Ponder, who started a small motorcycle repair shop several years earlier, acquired the Suzuki dealership in January 2003. By November, he had already compiled $2 million in sales.

A 1990 graduate of Dorman High in Spartanburg County, Ponder was first drawn to the motorcycle business as a racer. He competed regionally as a teenager and once qualified for a race at the famed Daytona Motor Speedway in Florida.
As a dealership owner, Ponder attended a convention near Chicago, where he met Melissa — an Arizona native who sold extended warranties for motorcycles. A former homecoming queen at Safford High in Mesa, Ariz., she was also a successful salesperson.

In early 2003, not long after acquiring the Suzuki dealership, the couple began building a new home.
http://www.independentmail.com/story/news/2016/11/06/ponder-died-child-way/93406628/

Interesting comment regarding a motive for the four killed. A prison debt and a hit man. Unbelievable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a video I watched on the Long Island serial killers Joe Coffey Fmr Detective Sergeant NYPD made a comment criminal profilers are BS

New CNN interview's on the Superbike Murders:
Kohlhepp had traveled to Superbike Motorsports in Chesnee, South Carolina, and spoke with the shop owner and another employee.

"He wanted to learn how to ride a motorcycle and they laughed at him when he fell over on the bike," said Kohlhepp's mother, Regina Kohlhepp. "You know, this is all why people tell kids not to bully. This is what can happen."
"Todd was bullied and embarrassed and I think he just held it in long enough," his mother said Friday.

It's not clear whether the four died on the same day as the incident with Kohlhepp, or if he returned another time.
Melissa Brackman, widow of shop owner Scott Ponder, has a different version of the events.

"I was told he was a disgruntled customer. He bought a motorcycle from Scott previously. His motorcycle was stolen, he went to get another one," Brackman told CNN sister network HLN earlier this week.
"My husband and the service manager were poking fun at him saying, 'Hey, (is) the second motorcycle going to get stolen, too? Didn't you have enough already?' They were kidding ... and he said that made him angry."
[video=cnn;justice/2016/11/11/melissa-brackman-widow-of-murdered-husband-ponder-hln-intv.hln]http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/10/us/south-carolina-kohlhepp-cold-case-killings/index.html[/video]

cnn.com/2016/11/10/us/south-carolina-kohlhepp-cold-case-killings/index.html

:eek:hwow:

New CNN interview's on the Superbike Murders:

[video=cnn;justice/2016/11/11/melissa-brackman-widow-of-murdered-husband-ponder-hln-intv.hln]http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/10/us/south-carolina-kohlhepp-cold-case-killings/index.html[/video]

cnn.com/2016/11/10/us/south-carolina-kohlhepp-cold-case-killings/index.html

:eek:hwow:

It is utterly disgusting to hear his mother downplay the murder of 4 innocent human beings by attempting to justify his reasons with bully accusations. Furthermore... laughter does not equate to bullying, no matter what they were laughing about. PERIOD.

Downplaying this the same way she did last time

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

It is utterly disgusting to hear his mother downplay the murder of 4 innocent human beings by attempting to justify his reasons with bully accusations. Furthermore... laughter does not equate to bullying, no matter what they were laughing about. PERIOD.

Absolutely agree. I'm beyond disgusted by what I've heard from her and I don't think I can hear another word out of that delusional woman's mouth. She's trying to rationalize and justify every single death by blaming the victim and not her monster son. She's been refusing to see him for who he really is for a long, long time stemming from childhood and in her eyes it is never his fault. She's an extreme enabler that never gave him a second conscience, instead allowing him to do no wrong no matter the actions.

Just an FYI

“48 Hours” goes inside the missing persons investigation and the stunning revelations her alleged captor, Todd Kohlhepp, 45, a real estate broker, made to police in “Buried Truth” to be broadcast Saturday, Nov. 12 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.

It’s a story that has made international headlines and continues to unfold as investigators search and find more victims of an alleged serial killer in South Carolina. Correspondents David Begnaud and Peter Van Sant interview investigators, family members, neighbors and friends of the victims. And they talk with experts and others about the mind of a serial killer.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kohlhep...the-twisted-life-of-an-alleged-serial-killer/

The 48 Hours thread will be opened shortly before the episode airs.

I'm bringing this article from People over from another thread. I am really disturbed after reading about some of the police actions following the murders: http://people.com/crime/police-mish...ed-to-serial-killer-suspect-victims-families/

"[FONT=&amp]Terry Guy, the husband of Beverly Guy and stepfather of Scott Ponder, tells PEOPLE Kohlhepp’s name was one of 15 highlighted on a list provided to police of 400 customers of the business, but that the 45-year-old real estate agent was never questioned."

Why on earth did they never question him??? He was a RSO. All they had to do was look up his crime in Arizona and they'd know he has a propensity for violence.

"[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Both Guy and Melissa Ponder, the wife of Scott Ponder, believe that alleged mishandling of DNA evidence at the crime scene hampered the investigation early on. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]More than a year after the shootings, authorities got a tip that Scott Ponder was sterile, even though his wife, Melissa, had recently had a baby. (The tip was later learned to be erroneous.) [/FONT][FONT=&amp]After extracting DNA from Melissa Ponder’s infant son’s diaper, police accused her of infidelity by claiming the DNA results indicated the boy had been fathered by another man — Brian Lucas, the shop employee killed alongside her husband. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Melissa Ponder tells PEOPLE she “absolutely” considered herself a suspect in the murder when confronted with test results. “Their focus was so intent on me,” Ponder says."

It turns out there was a mix-up between the DNA of BL and SP. The police were so focused on the DNA debacle, TK was able to slip away!!!

[/FONT]

Horrifying, isn't it? They spent 18 months pointing the fingers at her, and it was all because they DNA samples of two of the victims were mislabeled. I feel like TK lucked out with circumstances that allowed him to skate on through his crimes without ever being a suspect.

[h=3]Attorney: Families of 3 'Superbike' murder victims to file lawsuit against Kohlhepp[/h]
Attorney Doug Brannon, of Kennedy & Brannon Law Firm in Spartanburg, confirms the probate portion of the suit will begin Tuesday, with an emergency action to re-open the estates of the victims. That action will allow the process to move forward with a civil suit against Kohlhepp.

Brannon declined to comment further on the details of the suit, but did indicate other alleged victims of Kohlhepp are also pursuing legal action.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/33...rder-victims-to-file-lawsuit-against-kohlhepp

Not sure if this has been posted:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/10-years-sc-bike-shop-killings-still-unsolved

10 years on, SC bike shop killings still unsolved
By JEFFREY COLLINS Nov. 3, 2013 3:11 PM EST
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) — After nearly 10 years and more than 750 leads, law enforcement officials and victims' families remain stumped in one of South Carolina's most heinous killings: A gunman who walked into a motorcycle shop, killed the owner and three employees, and slipped out undetected.

Nov. 6 will mark a decade since the deaths at Superbike Motorsports in Spartanburg County, on a two-lane highway headed from the city toward the Blue Ridge Mountains. Sheriff Chuck Wright has vowed to get the killer off the street, but he now admits he may be waiting for a jailhouse confession...

<snipped - read more>

I think it would be worthwhile for someone w/ forum experience to investigate the sportbike forums online. I guarantee TK was on there, either "questioning" the SB shop murders or bragging about his bikes.

His current bike is a Suzuki GSR 600, year 2007 (per Spartanburg Co tax records).

I don't know what model the previous bike was.

If he ever got good enough to actually ride, I guarantee he posted video of himself "riding the Dragon," up at Deal's Gap in NC. It's not far fm S'burg at all.

(I highly doubt there's a cruiser connection. Sportbike egos like his rarely interact w/ Harley guys.)

I think it would be worthwhile for someone w/ forum experience to investigate the sportbike forums online. I guarantee TK was on there, either "questioning" the SB shop murders or bragging about his bikes.

His current bike is a Suzuki GSR 600, year 2007 (per Spartanburg Co tax records).

I don't know what model the previous bike was.

If he ever got good enough to actually ride, I guarantee he posted video of himself "riding the Dragon," up at Deal's Gap in NC. It's not far fm S'burg at all.

(I highly doubt there's a cruiser connection. Sportbike egos like his rarely interact w/ Harley guys.)

Huh... I didn't catch the year of his bike when I saw it previously. I wonder where he bought that one?

Huh... I didn't catch the year of his bike when I saw it previously. I wonder where he bought that one?

CORRECTION
Suzuki GSX-R62007

^That is how it is listed on the tax records, which are notoriously "off" for motorcycles.

Suzuki generally refers to them as GSX-R600 or GSX-R b/c there's also a Yamaha R6. Sportbike riders usually want to keep their type of bike distinct from other brands/models.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_GSX-R600 made from 1992-present

Not clear how the tax records refer to "GSX-R62007" b/c that's not actually a model of bike, to my knowledge.

EDIT some squirrelly guys call them "Gixxers."

CORRECTION
Suzuki GSX-R62007

^That is how it is listed on the tax records, which are notoriously "off" for motorcycles.

Suzuki generally refers to them as GSX-R600 or GSX-R b/c there's also a Yamaha R6. Sportbike riders usually want to keep their type of bike distinct from other brands/models.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_GSX-R600 made from 1992-present

Not clear how the tax records refer to "GSX-R62007" b/c that's not actually a model of bike, to my knowledge.

EDIT some squirrelly guys call them "Gixxers."

Do the tax records list the license plate, VIN number and when he registered it? Thanks.

[h=1]Wife of One of the Victims of Suspected Serial Killer Says She Can Finally Heal[/h]
The wife of Scott Ponder, who authorities say is a victim of suspected South Carolina serial killer Todd Kohlhepp, tells PEOPLE that she had &#8220;made peace&#8221; with not knowing who killed her husband in 2003.
All that changed, however, when Melissa Brackman received a phone call on Nov. 5 from a South Carolina detective who had worked on her husband&#8217;s murder 13 years earlier.
&#8220;[He] just said, &#8216;We got him,&#8217; and I froze,&#8221; Brackman tells PEOPLE in this week&#8217;s issue. She is still in disbelief: &#8220;I [didn&#8217;t] know how to feel.&#8221;
http://people.com/crime/todd-kohlhepps-victim-scott-ponder-wife-melissa-brackman/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suvendudash
Back