Burger King Prank/No More Whoppers Sold

White Rain

Reaction score
whopperfreakout.com

I am sure MOST of us have prob. seen this on tv...just wondered what yall thought about it...
Me, I LOVE whoppers, even double-whoppers on occasion :)blushing: ), YUM YUM, IF IF IF IF IF BK stopped serving whoppers, I'd quit going there....what would be the point?
Also I am not sure WHY they thought to pull this prank? :waitasec:

I think they pulled this prank to cause people like us to do just what we're doing. lol
The prank makes people talk about Burger King. They talk about it and next thing they know they're driving to get a Whopper. ;)

I think they pulled this prank to cause people like us to do just what we're doing. lol
The prank makes people talk about Burger King. They talk about it and next thing they know they're driving to get a Whopper. ;)

true...bad publicity is good publicity right? lol?
Well I love whoppers...as a matter of fact hubby and I were watching the above link tonight and I was like ummm, you know what would taste REALLY good right now? You guessed it....a whopper!

"Hold the pickels, hold the lettuce, special orders don't upset us". WR, I worked at a BK as a kid. Whoppers rock. Good times working in that place. You'd have loved it.

"Hold the pickels, hold the lettuce, special orders don't upset us". WR, I worked at a BK as a kid. Whoppers rock. Good times working in that place. You'd have loved it.

I worked there as a kid, too. (College kid.) I THOUGHT my last day of work was the previous day, and I was three sheets to the wind drunk and learning to skateboard in my livingroom (God, I miss college!) when I got a call that my last night of work was actually NOW! I went in, drunk as a skunk - gave fries to everyone, handed out extra everything and eventually they sent me home for being too friendly. I was a happy drunk. :)

I worked there as a kid, too. (College kid.) I THOUGHT my last day of work was the previous day, and I was three sheets to the wind drunk and learning to skateboard in my livingroom (God, I miss college!) when I got a call that my last night of work was actually NOW! I went in, drunk as a skunk - gave fries to everyone, handed out extra everything and eventually they sent me home for being too friendly. I was a happy drunk. :)

LMAO!!! I am not a BK fan but mostly because the charbroiled stuff makes me burp. My sister and I call it Burper King. these commercials have me cracking up though! More than once my kids have said "Can we go there?" after watching the commercials. They love it so we occasionally eat there and when we do I like the whopper with cheese no tomato please. lol

LMAO!!! I am not a BK fan but mostly because the charbroiled stuff makes me burp. My sister and I call it Burper King. these commercials have me cracking up though! More than once my kids have said "Can we go there?" after watching the commercials. They love it so we occasionally eat there and when we do I like the whopper with cheese no tomato please. lol

I keep thinking the happy meal toys should be coupons for angioplasty.

It's a clever marketing ploy.

Burger King was my very first employer. I was 15 years old and my father said - "You're old enough to have a job instead of spending all summer on the beach getting into trouble." I went to BK and they hired me and I worked there all summer and learned a lot....but I still managed to find some time for trouble! ;)

I'm more of a Big Mac guy, but needless to say this tempts me to go out and get a whopper.

I'm more of a Big Mac guy, but needless to say this tempts me to go out and get a whopper.

I'm a Quarter Pounder with cheese and a large fry...especially after I have been sick... QPw/cheese and fries can grow a new arm or a new leg!:crazy:

I'm a Quarter Pounder with cheese and a large fry...especially after I have been sick... QPw/cheese and fries can grow a new arm or a new leg!:crazy:

I like the double quarter pounder with cheese. That alone is 700 calories.

I like the double quarter pounder with cheese. That alone is 700 calories.

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: Isn't the DQPw/C a totally sinful pleasure! :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

(and the excellent cooking oil, salt and type of fries MickeyD's uses...OMG, if I could buy them and make them at home...I would never be able to leave my house, because I wouldn't be able to get through the door!!!:rolleyes: )

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: Isn't the DQPw/C a totally sinful pleasure! :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

(and the excellent cooking oil, salt and type of fries MickeyD's uses...OMG, if I could buy them and make them at home...I would never be able to leave my house, because I wouldn't be able to get through the door!!!:rolleyes: )

Hah, I'm half ashamed to admit this, but in college one of my roommates was a manager at McDonalds and one night he came up with 2 stacks of frozen hamburger patties, a bag of buns, a canister of the "special sauce", cheese, etc.

We made our own McDonalds Big Macs right in our apartment on a George Foreman grill, and they tasted just like the real thing.

It's a clever marketing ploy.

Burger King was my very first employer. I was 15 years old and my father said - "You're old enough to have a job instead of spending all summer on the beach getting into trouble." I went to BK and they hired me and I worked there all summer and learned a lot....but I still managed to find some time for trouble! ;)

Sometimes even bigger trouble can be had with a paycheck added to the mix!

This thread brings back memories! My very first attempt to write a "naughty" letter was written to my boyfriend on the back of a burger king bag when I worked there. I was off all weekend and had forgotten I wrote the letter at work. When I returned, it was behind that glass display case thing where notices are posted but you need a key to open it! I never admitted it was my writing. :)

BK is my favorite fast food. Jr Whopper no cheese, extra onions please!:dance:

Unfortunately, we only have one BK in my vicinity and the last time I went I observed a cockroach run across the tray of the pop machine. I've never been back.:snooty:

I'm sure most of these places have roaches but when you actually see one it has an effect.:eek:

Unfortunately, we only have one BK in my vicinity and the last time I went I observed a cockroach run across the tray of the pop machine. I've never been back.:snooty:

I'm sure most of these places have roaches but when you actually see one it has an effect.:eek:

They don't eat much. :angel:

We only have one as well and it was closed down for SIX MONTHS for a complete remodel due to bacteria from issues with the sewage system and lawsuits for food poisioning.............:eek: Even after the total make-over most locals who know what happened don't patronize our local BK.... We just can't get over the thoughts of the horror of the mess that they had and go sit in their drive-thru, much less sit at the tables inside......:(

Hah, I'm half ashamed to admit this, but in college one of my roommates was a manager at McDonalds and one night he came up with 2 stacks of frozen hamburger patties, a bag of buns, a canister of the "special sauce", cheese, etc.

We made our own McDonalds Big Macs right in our apartment on a George Foreman grill, and they tasted just like the real thing.

LOL... Now, that was a dream come true, especially as a college student!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back