AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we heard any public support from Celis family friends? Are any of them leaders of any of the fundraising groups? Or are the groups run by big-hearted people who sometimes haven't even met Isa's family?

I haven't but I'm not local, nor can I read everything about the case.

There are always members of groups that are tolerated, be it the children or their parents. Something that makes people uncomfortable, or causes whispers, but they're still a part of the group. Sometimes deservedly, sometimes not. Are the Celis' this type of group member, or are they "in" and a real group member?

Maybe there's something their peers know and LE noted from the beginning? Something even the sharp WS members haven't been shown in all the clips we've seen. That's why the behavioral analysis. Just musings, no finger-pointing....

Isa, wanting to bring you home

I really havent kept up with that aspect of it too closely but I do remember when it first happened nurses that worked with Becky spoke out very favorably and started donations to help the family and make fliers, posters, etc. Also neighbors said that Sergio was very friendly and helpful in his neighborhood.

Also the Little League members also came out in support of this family and those who had been in the Tuscon Opera for many years with Sergio.

In the doc dumps Sergio's coworkers and doctors were interviewed and they had nothing but glowing remarks to make about Sergio.

Now one of the friends did appear on the NG show to speakout in Sergio's behalf and was totally disrepected by Grace and I am sure that had a bearing on others not speaking out after then. She was very crude, rude, and crass to this man who seem to be a nice man with no axe to grind one way or the other.

It sends a very strong message that one better not take up for someone when the public at large or the media or the internet chatters think they are guilty, imo.

IMO

Respectfully <snipped>. Billboards, flyers, posters, etc. for Kyron Horman also say "Bring Kyron Home". It originally sounded odd to me that the campaign didn't ask for help in "finding" Kyron but rather, as you've said, a subtle (or not so subtle) reminder to whoever was responsible for Kyron's disappearance to return the boy to his custodial parents. It will interesting to see what develops in that case with Desiree Young's recent filing of a civil suit against Terri Horman whom she believes kidnapped Kyron from his school two years ago. The boy hasn't been seen since.

If Becky and Sergio don't know where Isabel is, they probably have a good idea who is responsible for her abduction just like Kaine Horman and Kyron's mother suspect that TH had something to do with their son's disappearance. :moo:

That case is so different than this one though, Bette, imo.

I really dont think they have a clue who took Isa from them. If they did they would have told LE immediately so they could get Isa back home safe and sound, hopefully.

IMO

Whatever happened to Isabel happened in the early morning hours of April 21. She is not hiding out somewhere, she is not being secretly raised by <insert name of favorite group that must secretly abduct and raise children>, she was not carried away by dingos or aliens or drug runners or gypsies. She wasn't sold on ebay or to anyone else. She wasn't traded to pay off a debt. Like other children in too many other cases, something happened to cause her likely death. Maybe it was an accident that was covered up; maybe someone snapped and went too far.

Either way, Isa is not missing. Her exact whereabouts are known by whoever disposed of her remains. Whoever that is, they are not likely to tell. Why? It's simple. They don't want to go to prison and nothing they do now can undo what they did the night or morning of April 20/21.

Those most impacted by the loss of Isa are her parents and family. If they are at some level of peace and are not frantically looking for her, then that should provide a big clue. The rest is the placement of blame and some kind of legal resolution. If it helps, think of Isa as a victim of some kind of accident. You can forgive an accident. You can move on from an accident. The actions taken afterwards are troubling, but they don't change the circumstances of what happened that caused harm to befall Isa.

Which is why LE has concentrated their investigation on that 3 mile radius. To concentrate on the family.

Upon re reading BringIsaHome and seeing the news reports posted on their site, i have started to feel all the theories of scenarios( the " family owing $" and " cartels" and JM's sketchy record) may be self generated "red herrings or straw man" arguments which pose enough reasonable doubt enough for this to become a cold case.

I hope we do Bring Isabel M Celis home.
God bless Isa

:yes:

Maybe it is because I'm forgetting the context in which it was said, but I also wonder why LE said that they wanted to watch their behavior. Why not just watch? IMO behavior is tricky to measure because the act of measuring effects the thing you want to study. Did LE want to see what the parents' reaction would be to knowing that they were being carefully watched, specifically in the media?

Can someone post the quote that's being referenced here? Pretty please, with whipped cream on top :cupcake: I have a feeling that this is something that might have morphed from a non-specific comment that was made by LE and misinterpreted or embellished by a talking head. If someone from TDP actually said this, then they shot themselves in the foot :what: :moo:

Are they supposed to seek out the media? Or is the media supposed to seek them out?
And to say what? If there is no new information, nothing new to tell the public, what are they supposed to say? They either know or they don't know what happened. They're either guilty of something or they're not. Pleading for Isa's return is pointless now, she is either already dead or she's someplace someone doesn't intend for her to ever be found and probably not watching t.v. No one is going to volunteer that information unless they have been charged with the crime and looking to get a deal. If the parents are responsible for her disappearance and LE has a case against one or both, then we will hear about it eventually. If they had nothing to do with it, it's a 50-50 chance LE will catch up to the perp sooner or later.
All we can do now is hope and pray that she will be found soon.

Wow. This is tragic. I'm the only poster viewing this thread. Heart breaking here.

I was asleep when you posted this, but regardless, I stopped posting in Isa's threads a while back. I read, but I can only go around in circles with the same theories for so long. At some point I just have to sit back and wait for new developments.

Isa is never far from my thoughts, though.

Can someone post the quote that's being referenced here? Pretty please, with whipped cream on top :cupcake: I have a feeling that this is something that might have morphed from a non-specific comment that was made by LE and misinterpreted or embellished by a talking head. If someone from TDP actually said this, then they shot themselves in the foot :what: :moo:

I don't know the quote myself; I vaguely remember something like it but as I said I don't recall the context. I'm looking now.

One can hardly blame the media for moving on when Isa's own parents can't even be bothered with anything except collecting the donations.

They nauseate me. JMO, MOO, IMHO

Where is Isa? :(

I think it's "easier" on us to blame the parents for not talking, instead of blaming the media for caring more about ratings and ad revenue than finding a missing child.

I think the reporter in the Kgun video is confused. She said the parents were at several searches for Isabel when asking the reporter if the parents were at the carwash. It was vigils and events they attended, not searches.

One can hardly blame the media for moving on when Isa's own parents can't even be bothered with anything except collecting the donations.

They nauseate me. JMO, MOO, IMHO

Where is Isa? :(

This is the reason that I gave up following the Lisa Irwin case. Lisa's parents - Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin - didn't seem to give a hoot or hollar whether anyone looked for little Lisa, and they sure weren't looking for their little one, so why should I care? I haven't quite reached that point with Isabel's case, but I'm getting close to throwing in the towel.

DH and I have a long weekend trip planned later this month for our anniversary (41st). We'll have TV but no internet access, so I figure that might be a good time to move on. Unless, of course, there's a major break in the case before then. That said, molds are especially bad this season: My asthma has flared up, so I won't hold my breath ;)

It was at one of the last pressers with the Chief, when answering a reporter's question he said they had wanted the parents to be public at the beginning. He said it's important to get her face out there as soon as possible. He didn't say they wanted to watch the parents behavior, but I'm sure they did. It was probably someone on JVM or NG that added it was because LE wanted to watch their behavior.

It was at one of the last pressers with the Chief, when answering a reporter's question he said they had wanted the parents to be public at the beginning. He said it's important to get her face out there as soon as possible. He didn't say they wanted to watch the parents behavior, but I'm sure they did. It was probably someone on JVM or NG that added it was because LE wanted to watch their behavior.

This is what I thought, as well.

This is what I thought, as well. Between TPD and FBI behavioral analysts, I'm sure that the parents talked enough for the experts to glean whatever information was needed. :moo:

I think it's "easier" on us to blame the parents for not talking, instead of blaming the media for caring more about ratings and ad revenue than finding a missing child.

The media can't write a story that isn't there. They've written all here is to write as of now. Only new information from the parents or LE will generate new media.

This is where the opportunity comes in from the family to sit down for an interview. A personal interview is new information. An interview will get them back in the media.

But again, interviews=questions.

The comment that they wanted to watch the parents' behaviour was an actual quote by the chief in a print article. It is linked up-thread. It was an actual quote, not from a press conference.

Whatever happened to Isabel happened in the early morning hours of April 21. She is not hiding out somewhere, she is not being secretly raised by <insert name of favorite group that must secretly abduct and raise children>, she was not carried away by dingos or aliens or drug runners or gypsies. She wasn't sold on ebay or to anyone else. She wasn't traded to pay off a debt. Like other children in too many other cases, something happened to cause her likely death.

I disagree. My opinion - and it has evolved after watching information unfold -is that she is alive, tucked away with friends or relatives, because this is a scheme to generate publicity and money, albiet one that has gone terribly awry.

I think LE is on to this hoax and is waiting for one of the younger sons to crack, or to just have her reappear, etc etc. This will resolve and SC and BC will replace the Heane parents as ones synonymous with dumb hoaxes.

:goodpost:

I am sure if Sergio or Becky called the local paper & wanted to do an interview, the paper would jump at the chance. If this story is fading from the spot light, IMO (in this case) it is the fault / choice of the parents.

I am at a loss over why the parents haven't called TES in or another group or tried to rally volunteers for searches? Perhaps LE is not encouraging searches for some reason, wish we knew.

I will always keep my mind on the true victim of these missing cases is the child and the child should always, always, always come first and foremost.

The comment that they wanted to watch the parents' behaviour was an actual quote by the chief in a print article. It is linked up-thread. It was an actual quote, not from a press conference.

Not to be a pain, but would you mind to link it again? I looked for but couldn't find it. If you don't have it handy, no worries. I just know this will bug me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member