NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK this case is getting to me I work at a warehouse as Security usually there is another officer here with me but tonight I am alone. The Supervisor in the warehouse usually tells me if they are expecting a truck in, he left without telling me so I thought no trucks!!! OK well I just got a truck I made him sit outside the gate for half an hour until I could reach the Supervisor and verify he was legit. He gave off bad vibes I will be glad when he drops his trailer and leaves. Maybe I am just spending too much time on WS's???

It's always good to trust your instincts and also good to follow procedure and get the ok from your supervisor! WS can make us feel there's a whole 'nother world out there, but much better safe than sorry.

Has anyone tried to look up AB's criminal background in Wagga Wagga, New South Wales or in Giru, Queensland, Australia??

Honestly, I don't know if you can! I just ran a couple of ideas through Google (names of prisons, etc) but I can't find anywhere that has prisoners personal details or details of prior charges available online. I think our privacy rules are too stringent. But if you do find a way, let me know!! ;)

Checking the thread and hoping for news.

One quick thing, I'm starting to look at what I don't see and one thing I've become curious of. AB's relationship with his daughter...

I also am a father of one daughter, one I love dearly. I would think Zhara would love to see her father coming home from work or spend time with him when she could but there seems to be very limited contact. :waitasec:

Even in pictures <the ones I've seen> I don't recall one of them with Zahra and her father together. No stories of them together, birthdays etc.

Am I missing something here, I mean I know about absent fathers but he was Z's caretaker, she lived with him.

One quick thing, I'm starting to look at what I don't see and one thing I've become curious of. AB's relationship with his daughter...

I also am a father of one daughter, one I love dearly. I would think Zhara would love to see her father coming home from work or spend time with him when she could but there seems to be very limited contact. :waitasec:

Even in pictures <the ones I've seen> I don't recall one of them with Zahra and her father together. No stories of them together, birthdays etc.

Am I missing something here, I mean I know about absent fathers but he was Z's caretaker, she lived with him.

I could have written that post myself. I just cannot figure him out!

There is a beautiful moon tonight and full tomorrow night. Maybe it will shine its light on sweet Zahra and bring her home soon. So many have fallen in love with her! I hope she has found peace!

That sounded great till I thought about her real home...don't want her to ever go there again..I like to think of her in a happy place with no worries, pain or fear, surrounded by love. That is what I mean when I say bring her home.
Just maybe she is laughing, running and playing with other children we have fallen in love with here at WS.

Goodnight all.

Hey there, Peli....

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I have twin girls, and there is a special relationship between them and my husband. Daddy's girls. My husband is a Marine with a rough exterior, maybe even a lil stern, but when it comes to his girls, he will let them "do his hair." LOL He's mush. In fact, in our household, most of the photos include him with the girls as I'm the picture taker... lol However, he's ultra-protective too, already dreading the day when they are teens (they are 5 now) and gets bristly when they discuss a "boyfriend" in school even now. No... these girls are his life. I felt guilty almost that I didn't have a boy for him, and he never EVER regretted that. He loves his girls immensely. I haven't seen the pics either.... question the same things. I know it's hard to compare my life with others, but I do have that hanging question: How was Zahra's relationship with her father.

I could have written that post myself. I just cannot figure him out!

Me either and I'm a man. Really AB needs to step up his game on behalf of his daughter. I'd come out swinging, with him it's like nothing. His first interview he made a statement at the end and that's it.

It's hard for me to imagine he didn't see his daughter from when he arrived home Thursday.

Me either and I'm a man. Really AB needs to step up his game on behalf of his daughter. I'd come out swinging, with him it's like nothing. His first interview he made a statement at the end and that's it.

It's hard for me to imagine he didn't see his daughter from when he arrived home Thursday.

Again... it's hard for me too. lol In actuality, if this were OUR household, I would be making the 911 calls as my husband would out there already with weapons in tow and looking for his daughters. You wouldn't see him for interviews as he'd be out there searching on his own. There would be no giggling.

Just tonight, as we were talking (hubby and I) after got back from a fall festival at the school... the girls had too much candy.. welllll. We realized it was a lil quiet. We both walked to the bedroom and saw they put themselves to bed. Crusty, hard-*advertiser censored*, gruff Marine dad said it was a Kodak moment... still looked in on them.

Again... it's hard for me too. lol In actuality, if this were OUR household, I would be making the 911 calls as my husband would out there already with weapons in tow and looking for his daughters. You wouldn't see him for interviews as he'd be out there searching on his own. There would be no giggling.

Just tonight, as we were talking (hubby and I) after got back from a fall festival at the school... the girls had too much candy.. welllll. We realized it was a lil quiet. We both walked to the bedroom and saw they put themselves to bed. Crusty, hard-*advertiser censored*, gruff Marine dad said it was a Kodak moment... still looked in on them.

Laughing here gibby...Semper Fi to your hubby! :D

Laughing here gibby...Semper Fi to your hubby! :D

Hubby says "a-ooo-rah!" to you. lol He's a man's man.... except when it comes to his daughters...

I wanna see some pics come forth with AB and Zahra.

PS: Gibby was his nickname in the Marine Corps... hence my hat. I married into gibby-hood. lol

Welllll... late here, and time for slumber. I want everyone to know that I lurk here mostly while I'm working, but never a moment can I forget, or will I forget, about Zahra. She looks like our spunky, soccer-playing, freckle-faced daughter. I won't leave this thread/forum until there is closure.

You aren't forgotten, Zahra. Sweet dreams for a sweet girl.

It was asked on one of the earlier threads when Zahra was at Charlotte Motor Speedway getting her hearing aids. I never saw an answer for it. That was on May 11, 2010.

Does anyone know when the cell phone pic of Zahra was taken? The one with the black eye and a bandana on her head? She looks so different in each of those times.

Does anyone know when the cell phone pic of Zahra was taken? The one with the black eye and a bandana on her head? She looks so different in each of those times.

I believe it was sometime in August - I'm thinking about the 15th but I can't verify that with a link - give me a bit of time to check.

It was asked on one of the earlier threads when Zahra was at Charlotte Motor Speedway getting her hearing aids. I never saw an answer for it. That was on May 11, 2010.

I googled it for you...
August 9th!!

ABC News article

thumbnail.aspx

ht_zahra_101013_mn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online