TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friendly FYI,

If you have an Iphone, you can look at 'locked' myspace pages. Just in case you ever wanted to do that. ;-)

Searching for article w/ names for PattyG and found a new one this morning...

Nothing new really, but still...

snippped>>

TUESDAY, JANUARY 4, 2011
Hailey Dunn case now a "Missing Persons" case.
The Texas Rangers are joining in with local law enforement in the search for missing 13 year old Hailey Dunn. Dunn was last seen Monday, Dec. 27th about 3:15pm leaving her home at 1804 Chestnut. Initially labeled as a runaway, the case has now been classified as a missing person.

The middle school student's mother, Billie Ostrander, she says the message she wants to send to her daughter is simple. "I want her to know that I have to have her back," she said, with tears in her eyes, "And her dad has to have her back. We're torn up."

The fact that Hailey never packed any bags leads family and friends to believe that she didn't leave intentionally. "That raised some red flags to us, and really, really worried us." said Shawn Adkins.

http://kvmckaum.blogspot.com/

BBM

Didn't leave "where" intentionally"? I thought he said she left to sleep over at her friend's?

And if it raised a red flag to "us" (since it sounds as if Mr. Adkins is including himself in that group), then why did he not say anything to Hailey or report it immediately to her mother? Wasn't he home when Hailey left? How else would they know so quickly that he hadn't taken anything along with her?

My hinky meter is pinging at about an 11.5 right now.

HAILEY DUNN, Age Now: 13, Missing: 12/27/2010. Missing From COLORADO CITY, TX. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Colorado City Police Department (Texas) 1-325-728-5294.

More...

All who are local to C-City, Snyder, or family, please consider the following:

Originally Posted by TGIRecovered
Okay, we need to see if you can be verified as a local insider so that you can post information even if there is no media link for it. WS rules or TOS are designed to help us keep from spreading unfounded rumors. If you are getting info straight from family etc., and Tricia can verify that you are who you say you are, she will let you have a bit more freedom in what you can post. She does not reveal any presonal info such as your real name unless you ask her to. Make sense?

Here is the link for instructions on how to be verified:

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks...I've been searching for the link to the "verification" process for 15 mins.

Please, please get verified as local...it's not a major process and is only done to ensure the integrity of the information posted here; to the extent possible.

Good Morning Fellow WSers...:wave::wave:

And to all of our new members :welcome3:

What is it about rural areas & missing girls/women? It seems to me more&more cases on here are located there vs a big city or out in the 'burbs'..It's always been considered a 'safer' place to live in general but I've had doubts about that even before I noticed this pattern..I personally have a fear of rural areas & feel 'safer' walking the streets of a major city even at night..Maybe some part of that is due to the fact I've always lived in the 'burbs' not that far from my major city & rural areas are so foreign to me..I welcome a diff perspective on this issue..TIA!

locked, as in set to private ? Is that what you mean ?
Haha....thanks....I couldn't think of the word they use...thus the quotes around the word. Yes, private status updates can be seen via some mobile phones.

Friendly FYI,

If you have an Iphone, you can look at 'locked' myspace pages. Just in case you ever wanted to do that. ;-)

Very interesting! I don't have one but do you hear that people? Get those Iphones fired up and report back to us electronicly disadvantaged folks!:crazy:

Very interesting! I don't have one but do you hear that people? Get those Iphones fired up and report back to us electronicly disadvantaged folks!:crazy:

We can't post info here about people not named as suspects. So, it would be a 'read only' thing, I guess.

BBM

Didn't leave "where" intentionally"? I thought he said she left to sleep over at her friend's?

And if it raised a red flag to "us" (since it sounds as if Mr. Adkins is including himself in that group), then why did he not say anything to Hailey or report it immediately to her mother? Wasn't he home when Hailey left? How else would they know so quickly that he hadn't taken anything along with her?

I was going to post something similar..It seems they're talking about her 'running away' but whatever the case may be it's been constantly reported (so far) that b/f didn't think anything of her leaving overnight. :waitasec:

There is a process for folks that are joining. All new members have to go through the process. As soon as it is completed, bchmlb9906 will be allowed to join.Also anyone posting with "inside" information has to be verified. If you are just a local and posting local info, you need to link to the info or stat your info is rumor. If you want your information to be given more credit, you need to be verified as a local.

You can be verified by sending the following information to this email: wsverify@xmission.com

Please include the following in your email:

The case (Missing/Located - Haily Dunn)
Your Websleuths name

Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.

All information will be kept strictly confidential.

We do this to protect our posters from those that would join and post here and pretend to know things they do not. It is a painless process and won't take long.

If you choose not to be verified, all info must be linked or is considered rumor. Outrageous rumors will be removed.

Thanks,

Salem

WARNING: Posting information regarding private conversations with case players will be removed if the "case player" is unaware that you are obtaining info to share on a very, public, sleuthing forum. Please keep this in mind and act ethically.

Salem

BBM

IMO, that's a case of bad reporting...here's a quote from mom:

snipped>>

Her parents say they're now beginning to fear the worst.
"There's a chance somebody abducted her," Hailey's mother Billie Jean Dunn told us, "that's in the back of my mind because of the fact that she didn't take anything and because this is so out of her character. I'm pretty terrified of that."

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26358328/detail.html

Okay, I looked at the video posted in the 1st link here...
Yeah, it really looks like the boyfriend, but I guess not if the boyfriend is the man on the couch with mom in this video.
http://www.ktxs.com/video/26358113/index.html (around 1:55)
Bio dad's eyes are interesting. Skip the first part of the video if you are short on time and go to around the 1:10 mark.
http://www.ktxs.com/news/26345660/detail.html

And figured out where CD (Dad) lives. He does NOT live just across the street, but actually over a street and around 2 corners. No, not that far, but definitely, IMHO, not across the street, as has been reported. Hailey likely would have cut across between the backs of other houses (3-4 buildings/6-8 residences, since these are duplex houses) and a field with water towers to get to CD's house from BO's house. This leave more room for what happened to Hailey between BO's house and CD's hosue, IMO. While it is an open field, it is not as I was picturing as the houses being right across the street from one another.

So if she initially headed in the direction of her father's house, when and where did she veer and which direction did she head after that?

HDunnMap-1.jpg

And link... http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...77457840198355.000498a54a49c9ef478db&t=h&z=13

In the beginning they said runaway. Now missing. I hope time is not against finding her.

I feel certain any empty/boarded house has been checked out, there are a few old houses around where Hailey lives, Im told even yesterday, several LE cars pulled up to one right behind their house... Im sure they are still checking.

I hope that they go back to any that may have had a more cursory search in the beginning. There is searching as in looking thru the yard and bushes and seeing a house which appears to still be tightly secured, and then there is SEARCHING, as in checking underneath the house and in the attic and crawl spaces and inside any sealed storage boxes for discarded evidence or worse.

After the hollow tree incident in Ohio, I believe I would even consider ripping open a water heater if my child was missing! oh...I hope SA or any sex offender neighbors are not welders!

There seems to be some 'confusion' now re: where exactly dad lives..It was originally said it was "right across the street" but in a few posts above (with links to articles) it's being reported otherwise..Even if it's a few "doors down" it's not a big deal but it is another example of changing info in this case.

eta..I see now from above post (with map) it's way more then just a "few doors down" & that makes it a way bigger deal then I first thought.

Okay, I looked at the video posted in the 1st link here...

And figured out where CD (Dad) lives. He does NOT live just across the street, but actually over a street and around 2 corners. No, not that far, but definitely, IMHO, not across the street, as has been reported. Hailey likely would have cut across between the backs of other houses (3-4 buildings/6-8 residences, since these are duplex houses) and a field with water towers to get to CD's house from BO's house. This leave more room for what happened to Hailey between BO's house and CD's hosue, IMO. While it is an open field, it is not as I was picturing as the houses being right across the street from one another.

So if she initially headed in the direction of her father's house, when and where did she veer and which direction did she head after that?

HDunnMap.jpg

Excellent work! Clicking "Thanks" just wasn't enough!

Hello there spankysmom!

I want to be sure you've seen my previous post at 10:26am. You can use the link to be verified to post as a local person. It's not painful, and it makes it musch easier for you to post about your knowledge of the community without having to find a media link for the info.

I live in Abilene, so we are from the same area, but we have posters and readers from across the nation and even other countries, so we are practically neighbors in comparison! Glad to have you here!

Hey cool, I live in San Angelo!

There seems to be some 'confusion' now re: where exactly dad lives..It was originally said it was "right across the street" but in a few posts above (with links to articles) it's being reported otherwise..Even if it's a few "doors down" it's not a big deal but it is another example of changing info in this case.

Not really IMO. You'd be able to see dads house from mom's and she would simply have to walk across the street to get there. If I lived there I would call it across the street too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv