Urgent:The FCC Won't Help KlaasKids Find the Missing./FCC Finally Provides Answer

OK. I sent mine. My delay was in figuring out what to write. Sometimes a sample letter gets us people going in the right direction. ;-)

I agree, I have no idea if the letter I sent was correct in its info, forceful enough or will have any impact at all!!!
It was pretty wishy-washy to be honest....:blushing:

Have been flooding the most current threads on the board ... even I'm getting sick of seeing my old goat avatar . May have to change that or go into the WS witness protection program here ;)

Last I looked Tricia, the number of views of your message had increased to 609, so will probably keep rising. Hopefully the exponential factor will kick in soon and Marc will start to see better results.

Great job, sillybilly!!
I see them.
I tried earlier this morn, but only got to one thread-Sommers,"and it was quickly swollowed up in the posts.:crazy:

Great job, sillybilly!!
I see them.
I tried earlier this morn, but only got to one thread-Sommers,"and it was quickly swollowed up in the posts.:crazy:

Yes, I'm going to be annoying as all get out over the next few days, so bear with me. I think the secret is to watch the most viewed and active threads and zip in again (i.e. one thread I posted to today had 70+ viewers, but that same number of viewers won't necessarily be the same peeps all the time).

I just sent the following email to the Executive Director of Teachers Saving Children. For others so inclined, if you have an email addy for someone involved in child safety (local LE, PTAs, Child Find organizations, anybody !!), feel free to copy and paste the following (REMEMBER TO CHANGE THE SALUTATION AND THE CLOSING; use a reasonably business-like font and for the subject line try "Attn: Persons Name - re Missing Children"):

Dear Ms (Mr. etc),

I am sending this email on behalf of Mr. Marc Klaas, well-known missing children advocate and founder of KlassKids.org. Mr. Klaas is making a plea to all those concerned about missing children to email the Federal Communications Commission in support of a proposal to have Trucker Tv made available free of charge at all Flying J truckstops with a default channel highlighting the missing children in America.

For an overview of this proposal, please visit www.klaasKids.org/pg-truckerTV.htm[/url

Please take approximately 3 minutes to read the information on the above website, click the REPLY button, express your support or voice your concerns, click SEND. All emails received will be collected by Marc Klaas and presented to the FCC whose approval is long overdue on this very important matter.

Kindly forward the above information to any and all individuals you believe would be interested in supporting this important endeavour.

This may be the most important action your organization can ever take on behalf of missing children. Thank you for your time, and hopefully your support.

Sincerely,

Jane Doe
supporter of KlaasKids.org and member of Websleuths.com

I had the same problem as Chesterp . I copied and pasted info into my yahoo e-mail along with my letter and it went thru .My hubby just sent a letter also .He is a truck driver and he let them know he is a truck driver , and how important it is for the FCC to pass it.

I had the same problem as Chesterp . I copied and pasted info into my yahoo e-mail along with my letter and it went thru .My hubby just sent a letter also .He is a truck driver and he let them know he is a truck driver , and how important it is for the FCC to pass it.

I had the same problem and did the same as you!

I hope that others who have a problem will come to same conclusion as we did and send their letters!

Okay guys, as promised, here is what I am writing. You may use it however you like. Modify it, rewrite it, use it verbatim, whatever makes you comfortable. It is long - but most of you know I like to type :)

Dear FCC Commissioners:
I am writing today on behalf of Clarity Media (Clarity) and Klaaskids Foundation to ask you to expedite the review of the Media Bureau's order denying Clarity Media's request for waiver of portions of the Part 78 Rules to Operate Multichannel Television Distribution Systems. Clarity Media would operate such distribution facilities at Flying J Travel Plazas. Flying J Travel Plazas are rest stops, throughout the United States, commonly used by long-haul truck drivers and other RV/automobile travelers.
My understanding is that the FCC may grant waivers when it can be shown that the waiver will support the underlying goal of the rule and/or when the waiver would be in the public’s best interest.
Clarity proposes to provide cable TV to the users of its Flying J Travel Plazas. In addition, Clarity proposes to establish a public outreach channel that will keep travelers updated, in real time, of the crimes and/or criminals that may be using America’s highways at any given moment.
I firmly believe that Clarity’s proposal is in the best interest of the American public. First, it would provide a service to long-haul truck drivers that would aide them in relaxing during rest breaks, which is turn would make our highways safer. Second, it would aide law enforcement across the country in the search for abducted or missing children and adults.
Long-haul truck drivers are required by law to spend 10 hours a day, resting. Most drivers stop for food and restroom facilities before returning to the cabs of their trucks to try to relax and sleep. The ability to watch television in the cabs of their trucks would help many drivers relax, while keeping them updated on the activity around the nation. The CARS system, designed as a network to link population segments that cannot be connected by coaxial cable or fiber optics would be a perfect opportunity to reach these hard working Americans.
In addition, Clarity’s proposal to start a public safety and outreach channel, which would be the default channel anytime someone logged into the Flying J’s airwaves, has the potential to aid Law Enforcement across the country. This channel would air Amber Alerts and other information on abducted children and missing persons. Currently, Amber Alerts are broadcast locally. However, the reality of the situation is that a child abducted by a criminal in a car could be 60-75 miles within an hour, depending on how fast the criminal drove. This means that more than likely, the child will be outside their local broadcasting area by the time the Amber Alert is sounded. Local broadcasting misses audiences lying just outside the broadcasting area. It can take days for the Amber Alert to travel nationwide and reach the area where the child may have been taken. Many times, unless the abduction becomes a high profile case, it will never make national news. So the child abducted in California may never be recognized in Utah or Texas or New York.
Truckers do receive Amber Alerts over both public and shortwave radios, however, hearing the information just does not compare to seeing pictures of the endangered child or adult. A three foot tall, blonde, blue eyed description could fit a countless number of children. Whereby, if the trucker has the opportunity to see the picture of the child, the trucker, as the ears and eyes of America’s highways can be so much more effective.
You may know the story of Amber DuBois. A 14-year old, abducted in San Diego County on her way to school in February 2009. It is quite possible that Amber has become a victim of human trafficking. Amber could very well be working along highway corridors within our Southern states. An Amber Alert in San Diego will not alert a trucker in Oklahoma. Little Lindsey Baum out of McCleary, Washington who went missing in June 2009 may be in the same predicament. Local Amber Alerts are necessary and very helpful, but sometimes they miss the mark.
Clarity’s proposal, if approved, will not only help make our highways safer by providing opportunities for truckers to relax, thereby promoting better, healthier rest periods, it will also help law enforcement personnel get the jump on criminals that chose our American highways to escape.
I strongly urge you to make the Clarity Media review a high priority and allow Clarity the opportunity to provide these public safety services to our hard working truck drivers, our fellow recreational travelers, most importantly to America’s missing children.
Sincerely,

Salem

Okay guys, as promised, here is what I am writing. You may use it however you like. Modify it, rewrite it, use it verbatim, whatever makes you comfortable. It is long - but most of you know I like to type :)

<snip>

Wow, that's a doozy salem. You made such excellent points.

Thanks sillybilly - I tried to address some of the issues that were raised in the original denial of the waiver. Hopefully we can change their minds.

Salem

Marc: DONE and DONE sent to everyone on email addy too so expect domino effect :)
Tricia: I've been living and breathing a grueling (Shaniya) case for past week... :prayer:
Just heard so thank you for your patience! Some of us are slow but steadfast :snail:
SillyBilly: you're right, some of us really need to get around the forum more :blushing:
Salem: you rock :rocker: you've got skills your letter to FCC is so well communicated :biggrin:
JerseyGirl: Thanks for ripping me away from this heartwrenching case to help! :heart:
Sleuthers: KEEP SPREADING THE WORD THIS IS A NO BRAINER, A REAL WIN-WIN! :thumb:

animated_blue_sleeper_truck.gif
animated_green_semi_truck.gif
animated_red_sleeper_truck.gif

:parrot:

Okay - well I am disappointed. I have emailed Klaaskids asking for additional info and have heard nothing back! What are they doing?

Salem

What email did you send it to? What address?

Thank you guys so much. I have a feeling in the next 24 hours or so we are going to see a large spike in letters sent.

Thank you guys so much. I have a feeling in the next 24 hours or so we are going to see a large spike in letters sent.

Agree! This really IS a no-brainer, a real WIN-WIN! I know Marc should see responses start to multiply exponentially!

:parrot:

What you need to do PLEASE is sent the link to your friends and have them send it to their friends.

This is our chance to prove we can make things happen. We can make a difference. PLEASE DO NOT PUT THIS OFF.

Check in here and let us know how you are doing with spreading the word.

Tricia
PS. Take this to other forums PLEASE>

I just finished sending my e-mails and I made sure that the recipients knew I was a member of Websleuths. I also posted the link and info on my FB page.
If there is anything else I can do to help this cause, please let me know.
:woohoo:

I also sent mine via yahoo. Boy, it sure wasn't as long or as thorough as the one above but hope it counts anyway.

I sent the email with a cc to Trish, should get the message across without jumping up and down and screaming, hey! Websleuth here...

What email did you send it to? What address?

I used the contact email on the Klaaskids website. BUT - it doesn't matter anymore. I found the info I needed and posted and sent my email. I also sent it to my email list and I know at least 2 others have sent in emails.

So, it sounds like things are beginning to move now.

Good Luck Marc! We are behind you 100%!

Salem

Tricia, some posters on the other threads are having trouble getting an email through. Can we look into it. One poster said it's because she doesn't have a hotmail account. I don't know what that means but anything to alleviate the problems so they can get an email through to Mark.

I think it is a great idea-but like Salem I read the PDF of the reasons for the denial. Clarity is proposing to stream 70 channels, only one of which is an Amber alert channel. Beyond that, they might end up streaming over or hijacking local channels...what is listed in the document as "interference." Additionally, I guess, the proposal for the waiver stated that the "incumbent" channel would be responsible for proving interference....and the FCC is not willing to take its finger out of the pie and make 11 blanket exceptions when the public good is being served by 1 of the 70 channels....

I am hoping that Clarity and Marc came up with a counter that would make this more palatable to the FCC??? The documents I found were old, so perhaps I have the wrong end of the stick? In any case, I sent a letter.....I like the concept a whole lot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back