ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never like it when the initial time of when a child was last seen changes. :nono:

Let's hope it was a media error and not a time change from the mouths of the family.

Ugh another one gone in the middle of the night. I hope that they find her and bring her home safe. :(

There is a woman holding another toddler there with him in the picture. I wonder if that child lives in the home as well?

It's always a possibilty, we just don't have enough info to know. It's got to be horrifying to wake up to this, hope she is safe and found soon.

That myspace has been inactive for quite some time, I read the postings and they are a year older or more. They seem to all refer to Ayla, just my take on it. No way to tell who she is referring to in the message either. She might or might not be pregnant but I just can't tell from the info we've seen. You got me :) I'm curious sure, not that it has anything to do with Ayla, I'm just nosey like that. JMHO.

No amber alert for Ayla since she was only discovered missing after a certain amount of time :(

I was trying to compare friends that she had on MS and FB for some reason lol (just being generally nosy)

She does have 2 FB one has 33 friends and the other has 55. Both have the same pic for her profile

No amber alert for Ayla since she was only discovered missing after a certain amount of time :(

Unfortunately, there is no vehicle or suspect information to provide as well, which makes it tough to have an amber alert.

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/182772/314/FBI-in-on-investigation-of-toddlers-disappearance

Many of you have been asking us on our Facebook page about whether an Amber Alert should have been issued in this case. NEWS CENTER spoke with Public Safety Spokesperson Steve MccCausland, and he tells us that Amber Alerts are issued only if the abductor is known to police, and a vehicle is involved.

It's still unclear what happened in Waterville.

He also says Amber Alerts are only issued within a few hours of a child disappearing or going missing.

Since this child disappeared overnight, possibly as long as 18 hours ago, McCausland says it's not appropriate for an Amber Alert to be issued.

The window of time from last seen to discovered missing makes it difficult to know exactly how long she has been missing. In bed at 8PM (approx) and discovered missing at and 911 call at 8:51 AM (from my recollection of an article I could be off). So that's approx 12 hours either way she could have gone missing in addition to what she's been missing so far since the report called in.

:sigh: 12 hours is a long time when it's a missing baby we are talking about.

A little more info about the weather around Waterville these last two days--Saturday a snow squall blew through between 9 and 11 a.m. and dropped about an inch of snow, which melted by mid-afternoon. There are still spots of snow in areas that don't get direct sunlight, though. For example, in the corners of parking lots where they piled the snow we got a couple of weeks ago, there are still small piles that haven't fully melted. The temps today never got above 25. It's about 16 right now. Sunrise is currently just after 7 a.m., twilight starts to get noticeable at 3:30, and sunset is about 4:30 p.m. (It's currently pitch black outside already, and maybe 15 degrees.) Forecast for tonight is single digit temps again.

Portland is about an hour and 25 minutes from Waterville, going 70 mph on 295/95. The turnpikes have tolls with cameras. You can get there without going on the turnpikes, but it would take much longer... (It's true what they say about Maine, "You cahn't get there from here.")

Ayla's house is probably 5 minutes by car from 95.

Just some things to chew on while we wait for more information...

aylabellreynolds2.jpg

aylareynolds2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members