Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and his sister keeps giving him sidelong glances, looks more genuinely devastated than he is and uncomfortable.

Why are so many different things being reported? It's now a missing persons investigation and not a criminal one?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-04-25/police-step-up-search-for-missing-woman/3971046

Police are continuing investigations into the disappearance of a 43-year-old woman from Brisbane's west.

Allison Baden-Clay was reported missing when she did not return from an early morning walk last Thursday near her home Brookfield.

Her family says the disappearance is out of character.

Police say the matter is being treated as a missing persons case and not a criminal investigation.

ALLISON Baden-Clay speaks six languages, is a former beauty queen and ballet star, corporate high-flyer and successful businesswoman, and the mother of three beautiful daughters.

Now her grieving family, and police trying to piece together the mystery of Mrs Baden-Clay's disappearance, are struggling to reason why the 43-year-old would voluntarily walk away from the world she had created.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/sea...ay/story-e6frfkvr-1226337675767#ixzz1t0WOPNEd

I think they are just saying it is a missing persons case and keeping it in that realm while they focus on the husband and treat it like a probable homicide. An early morning walk. This reminds me so much of the Nancy Cooper case. JMO.

I met Gerard Baden-Clay many years ago and i thought he was scary. There was just something very cold and weird about him. Not anger or anything, more that eerie feeling that something underlying is very wrong. This might seem hard to believe but i actually said to myself at the time "He is evil".

This was about 7 years ago and i had no reason to have anything against him, it was at a conference or community meeting for local business identities and he was just another person there. But it was a very significant feeling I had, it really creeped me out. When i read she was missing it gave me chills.

I hope she is found alive. I think there are two options here - 1. she has become distressed and scared, partially due to depressive and psychological issues, and partially due to marriage troubles and her husband being perhaps psychologically abusive, then walked off into the wilderness and had an accident, or 2. her husband is responsible. I wont go into my thoughts on that at this point.

As others have mentioned some of the news reports have been conflicting, with some saying she was last seen around 10pm in the evening, and others saying the husband said he last saw her when she went on her early morning walk the next morning.

^ I would say it was possible she had walked off angry and became unable to return for some unknown reason if a) he didn't look like a liar on camera, and b) he hadn't had a one-vehicle car accident that weekend.

Thank you for your personal insights! And yes, agree, it's the vibe.

We have had the police come round this morning and take all our names etc in our house. They also asked if we had ever seen her and whether we were home Thursday night. I got the impression that they think she actually had been missing since Thursday night and not on Friday morning like they say.

They also asked us about suspicious cars or anything out of place etc and they did a search of our property.

^ so they're not buying the 'went for a walk Friday morning' story either then.

^ so they're not buying the 'went for a walk Friday morning' story either then.

I don't think they are.

It is funny what Itsthevibe said because I saw the photos and got a creepy feeling about him. But in saying that someone I know used to work for the husband and she said he worshipped the wife. But who knows one persona for the public and one persona for home.

Hate to say it but 9/10 times its the partner; maybe they are just taking the pressure off him to see how he reacts. It can't be easy for the kids having their dad as a person of interest. These kids would be in school and the police probably being careful about what they let on. Everyone closely associated with the missing women would be a person of interest I would imagine. I think they are giving him a bit of breathing space.

But who knows the couple could have been estranged and there may be more to the dissappearance. As she had her phone she could have called/texted someone to pick her up. Maybe she took a bag with her - they are treating as a missing person then perhaps some of her belongings are gone with her.

I don't think they are.

It is funny what Itsthevibe said because I saw the photos and got a creepy feeling about him. But in saying that someone I know used to work for the husband and she said he worshipped the wife. But who knows one persona for the public and one persona for home.

Yes so true - and sometimes worshipping the wife can lead to even more dramtic emotions when things go wrong, you know, if they are obsessed or something. I won't dwell on his possible involvement at this stage because I feel that if he is not responsible it would be going too far, and it is possible she has been distressed and ended up having an accident on her walk. But the whole thing really does worry me.

I can't see how she can be alive and well, I simply do not think a mother of those 3 beautiful girls would disappear and not communicate with them to let people know she is OK, let alone leave the children for any length of time at all. Maybe there is a slim chance of her being found alive and unconscious or dazed, but I think its only slim. Very sad and no doubt her parents are beside themselves as each day goes by.

Maybe she did have an accident apparently there are plenty of mine shafts in this area due to it being a gold mining area(a long time ago).

Have just come on here today and am glad to see this case on Websleuths after hearing about it alot.....I have noticed the Courier Mail had a big article on her and she has had a very interesting life and is highly educated.

Unfortunately I think the husband is responsible for her disappearance and the outcome is not going to be good.

http://www.news.com.au/national/sea...lison-baden-clay/story-e6frfkvr-1226337675767

I hope I am wrong.

There were conflicting reports on the media as to when her walk occurred - late Thursday night vs Friday morning. Huband reported her missing Friday am. However neighbours dog was rocketing down the back yard on the Thursday night. If something happened on the Thursday pm, there are a few potentiallly unaccounted hours in between. Also, his accident could have been an attempt to disguise existing damage to vehicle? I live not far from Brookfield. I doubt a woman could be abducted on the Friday morning in broad daylight without someone seeing it - a lot of business people live in Brookfield and drive to Brisbane and are up and about early morning. If no-one saw her on her am walk, then it didn't happen and we are back to Thurday pm. There is a road called Gap Creek Road in Kenmore Hills not very far from their house that leads to state forest type areas - I keep thinking she could be there.

There were conflicting reports on the media as to when her walk occurred - late Thursday night vs Friday morning. Huband reported her missing Friday am. However neighbours dog was rocketing down the back yard on the Thursday night. If something happened on the Thursday pm, there are a few potentiallly unaccounted hours in between. Also, his accident could have been an attempt to disguise existing damage to vehicle? I live not far from Brookfield. I doubt a woman could be abducted on the Friday morning in broad daylight without someone seeing it - a lot of business people live in Brookfield and drive to Brisbane and are up and about early morning. If no-one saw her on her am walk, then it didn't happen and we are back to Thurday pm. There is a road called Gap Creek Road in Kenmore Hills not very far from their house that leads to state forest type areas - I keep thinking she could be there.

It freaks me out to think that you could be right. Posts of others also have good points.

Once we find out what has happened i will write more about my thoughts on it from the beginning.

I feel quite sick about it - living in the area just makes it all the more real, and I've even met one of the daughters, a very sweet little girl.

Many good posts here.

Now we hear of a scratch on his face the day he reported her missing.

Sadly, it seems the outcome in this case is going to be bad one.
The police will have a ton of information and will methodically build a case.
The pressure on the perpetrator will intensify dramatically until it reaches breaking point.

On the news tonight it has been released that they have interviewed a close family friend of the husband who used to work for him. So it is getting stranger and more likely that she is no longer with us sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts