VT - Release of Timothy Szad, Dangerous Sex Offender, Prompts Dire Warning

BunnyHop

Former Member
Reaction score
SPRINGFIELD, Vt. — The hours are ticking down toward the release from prison of Timothy J. Szad, a sex offender deemed so dangerous that Vermont authorities are taking the unusual step of not only warning the public but cautioning that blue-eyed, blond-haired boys of 12 or 13 could be in particular peril.

Some parents are worried in Szad's hometown of Springfield – where he was planning to move in with his parents, until they backed out because of threats – and the police chief in the community of 9,000 is urging people to be alert.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/25/timothy-szad-dangerous-sex-offender-warning_n_3650841.html

:banghead:

Holy c**p! This sends a shiver down my spine! These guys cannot be fixed! Why do they ever get out? I know I know the law and all that. When is it going to change? When a blonde haired boy ends up dead? JMO and all that.

I heard about this on the radio this morning it made me so mad. So they know he is high risk and there is nothing they can do until he offends again and some other poor young kid is hurt. Sick sick sick!

Very sad. I'm glad that they have issued the warning though.

I am glad they issued the warning too. There really needs to be tougher laws on SO, because we all know they cannot be rehabilitated (especially violent offenders). I'm not talking about 16 year olds having sex with 20 year olds (consensual so to speak). But these animals who brutally rape and kill children. There is NO cure.

I wish there was some kind of castration process for these freaks.

MOO

Mel

Well, there's a death sentence handed out to some poor boy - or a young life scarred to the bone. Sooner or later, something bad WILL happen and I truly believe those responsible for not keeping this monster locked up for good SHOULD be held every bit as much to blame for what happens next.

Because they have to know, as anyone with a modicum of intelligence must know, that this predator WILL offend again. And the suffering he causes will be horrible.

I hate these people. I hate them for their crimes, and I hate them for the fear and lack of freedom they cause the innocent.

And I -hate- them for causing me to hate them. Because I truly, truly do.

Sorry for the rant. Just.. yeah. Letting him out is a crime in itself.

The defendant could have gotten life in prison but was offered a seven- to 20-year sentence in a plea bargain to spare the boy from testifying.

From the above link. It's really sad that he could plea bargain down this much.

I am glad they issued the warning too. There really needs to be tougher laws on SO, because we all know they cannot be rehabilitated (especially violent offenders). I'm not talking about 16 year olds having sex with 20 year olds (consensual so to speak). But these animals who brutally rape and kill children. There is NO cure.

I wish there was some kind of castration process for these freaks.

MOO

Mel

Teenage girls who are manipulated into sex by men in their 20s can suffer LIFELONG horrible damage.

This is my hometown. I grew up here, graduated high school here. I haven't lived there for the last 36 years, but go back every 5 years for my high school reunions.

When I grew up, it was a bustling town. The majority of the population were employed by the various machine shops in town. In the 80's, they all left. Unemployment is high, the population actually dropped by 2000, and now they have a problem with drugs also.

It is a quaint post card looking town. The majority of the population has pride for their town, and are working hard to clean it up from the drugs. Now this. They have a right to be angry!

I read in the local news, his parents refusal to let him live with them, is due to their fear of reprisal.

Don't they have some type of civil commitment process? I know some other states do. It is where when a felon is released and is deemed to be such a danger that they are still confined. Sometimes to the grounds of the prison, sometimes to a mental health facility.

I know something like that was in place for one of the speed freak killers.

If they don't have this process in place, I would recommend that they do some quick investigation on it and then take it to the law makers.

Don't they have some type of civil commitment process? I know some other states do. It is where when a felon is released and is deemed to be such a danger that they are still confined. Sometimes to the grounds of the prison, sometimes to a mental health facility.

I know something like that was in place for one of the speed freak killers.

If they don't have this process in place, I would recommend that they do some quick investigation on it and then take it to the law makers.

Big controversy about that. IIRC, they mention it in OP.

Here in
NY this week:

George Pataki To Testify In Sex-Offender Trial; Ex-Governor Sued Over Forced Psych Transfers
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/23/george-pataki-sex-offender-trial_n_3639079.html?ir=New+York

Former Gov. George Pataki confided today that his push to have convicted sex offenders locked up in psych wards after they’d served their jail time got jump-started nearly two decades ago by an incident in which his own “family was exposed” to such a perv.

Defending himself in Manhattan federal court against a lawsuit challenging the psych ward incarcerations under his administration, Pataki recalled how he, his wife and his youngest son were walking with neighbors and other young children along a trail at Hudson Highlands state park near his hometown in Philipstown, in “1995 or 1996.”
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/wards_offenders_pataki_reveals_that_24WxQ6obSjOqGhgrtWX5KO

and here:
Former Gov. George E. Pataki at a Manhattan courthouse on Tuesday; a group of sex offenders are suing him and other officials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/24/n...offender-trailed-his-family-on-hike.html?_r=0

snip> “My family was fine — I had troopers,” Mr. Pataki told the jury in Federal District Court. “But I couldn’t help but think of a mother in a walk in the park with a child.”

He added, “It just made me personally aware not just of the horrors of these crimes, but the immediacy of the possibility.”

Dale Crook, the state Corrections Department's director of field supervision, says 53-year-old Timothy Szad is moving out of Vermont after his release Friday. Crook says the department is notifying local police in the place where Szad is going but isn't releasing the information publicly.

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/new...rried-over-sex-offender-s-release-4685773.php

Here it is:

Szad was sentenced in 2001 for aggravated sexual assault against a 13-year-old boy. Several states have a "civil commitment" law that can keep sex offenders who are considered a danger to the public in jail after their sentences have been served. Vermont is not one of those states.

State Rep. Alice Emmons chairs the House committee that oversees Vermont's prisons. She opposes civil commitment laws. "You're holding someone who has not committed a (new) crime. Do we as a society in Vermont want to do that?" she asked.

"It's terrible they're letting him out. Once a pedophile, always a pedophile," said Jaime Hooper.

Allen Gilbert, the executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union’s Vermont chapter, believes the public needs to accept that sex offenders like Szad will be released.

"We live in a society that operates by the rule of law," Gilbert said. "Courts have determined the appropriate sentence for him, he's served his sentence, and now he's getting out."

Szad only has no inform the state sex offender registry of where he is living to avoid going back to jail, Fox News reported. He will not be on parole.
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/soci...der-timothy-szad-causing-controversy-vermont#

Dale Crook, the state Corrections Department's director of field supervision, says 53-year-old Timothy Szad is moving out of Vermont after his release Friday. Crook says the department is notifying local police in the place where Szad is going but isn't releasing the information publicly.

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/new...rried-over-sex-offender-s-release-4685773.php

Here it is:

Szad was sentenced in 2001 for aggravated sexual assault against a 13-year-old boy. Several states have a "civil commitment" law that can keep sex offenders who are considered a danger to the public in jail after their sentences have been served. Vermont is not one of those states.

State Rep. Alice Emmons chairs the House committee that oversees Vermont's prisons. She opposes civil commitment laws. "You're holding someone who has not committed a (new) crime. Do we as a society in Vermont want to do that?" she asked.

"It's terrible they're letting him out. Once a pedophile, always a pedophile," said Jaime Hooper.

Allen Gilbert, the executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union’s Vermont chapter, believes the public needs to accept that sex offenders like Szad will be released.

"We live in a society that operates by the rule of law," Gilbert said. "Courts have determined the appropriate sentence for him, he's served his sentence, and now he's getting out."

Szad only has no inform the state sex offender registry of where he is living to avoid going back to jail, Fox News reported. He will not be on parole.
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/soci...der-timothy-szad-causing-controversy-vermont#

So. somewhere else, where they are not as aware, a bonde haired little boy will be his next victim.

Later Friday morning, Shumlin issued a statement saying he was pleased arrangements had been made for Szad to live in California.

Read more: http://www.wptz.com/news/vermont-ne...21177664/-/qiurriz/-/index.html#ixzz2aEGY6Q4q

http://www.wptz.com/news/vermont-ne...sed/-/8869880/21177664/-/qiurriz/-/index.html

Now, how do they get the word out to every blue eyed blonde haired pre teen boy in the state of CA that a predator is on the loose? They need to distribute the info in schools, at the library, at WalMart, kwim?

What a mess.

07-15-13-Szad.png

I wonder if this photo is still accurate?

not found on CA registry yet. may be on within 24 hours of move

Now, how do they get the word out to every blue eyed blonde haired pre teen boy in the state of CA that a predator is on the loose? They need to distribute the info in schools, at the library, at WalMart, kwim?

What a mess.

A huge, huge dangerous mess.

Plus how do they get the word out in each State he goes through to get there? Not to mention they can post his face on the back of one of those airplanes with a banner. Boys that age think they can handle themselves. So many won't pay attention.

Then we get to worry about the other ones out there.

It is times when they are in the process of moving that sometimes they get lost in the system too. Like someone forgets to tell Calif. that he is moving there, or Calif doesn't check up on him. Or doesn't believe he is the danger that he is. So somehow he gets lost. Until he gets caught again. How many kids will be hurt in the meantime?

IMO sexual offenders released from jail should live in a fenced and gated area like an old military barracks. They may leave for work or if they are in the signed custody of, picked up and dropped off by a relative for family functions. They should have to wear a monitoring device at all times so their location can be tracked. They should lose all freedom to move about in a civilized society for the remainder of their days.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lee k
Back