Was IK the Boca Raton Town Center Mall Killer??

I would also add: IK was a self-professed serial killer with a 14 year history ----- he was crafty, cunning, and a liar. Why should he not be suspect????

One thing that bothers me , in terms of Keyes being the Boca Mall killer:

I was just reading an article in which Keyes told FBI agents that before the Curriers and Samantha Koenig,(2012)
he had been really frustrated because none of his murders made the press: They were either viewed as accidents, or not discovered, etc.

OK, we know the 2007 Bocchichio murders really did make the news in a big way, as well as being aired on Dateline.

So there is something off there.

And yet the sketch.....any thoughts? :confused:

I was just reading an article in which Keyes told FBI agents that before the Curriers and Samantha Koenig,(2012)
he had been really frustrated because none of his murders made the press: They were either viewed as accidents, or not discovered, etc.

OK, we know the 2007 Bocchichio murders really did make the news in a big way, as well as being aired on Dateline.

Yes, I agree -- that's one of several pretty weighty arguments against that I see. (I'll try to post about some others a bit later.) Again, I'll say -- "If not for that sketch...." ... and the sketch could be just a fluke.

But...that sketch!

Yes, I agree -- that's one of several pretty weighty arguments against that I see. (I'll try to post about some others a bit later.) Again, I'll say -- "If not for that sketch...." ... and the sketch could be just a fluke.

But...that sketch!
Yes, wouldn't it be something, if that sketch were just a coincidence? :eek: and yet, the zip ties, the ruthless kills......I just don't know. And he also said something about not being able to "mess with kids" after his daughter was born. That is a strike against, also......Of course, he is a known liar........I wish there were some way to really know...... :waiting:

I believe hardly anything IK says, and I feel the only reason he let out his little bits and pieces was he knew he had to give them something when they had the FBI and etc. in on these meetings and that was a way for him to get out of his cell for an hour or so...Remember he was in confinement and there had to be 2 officers with him, even going to the bathroom and etc. plus Keyes was used to traveling a lot, getting out on his bike, running and etc...I feel he was beginning to loose it mentally due to being caged up...He was more like an animal to me and they hate being confined.
I think when all is said and done and if they truly stick to this case to try and find other victims, I have always said he will have some victims that were very high up (my words) in our society and I have always felt Keyes may have been a hired hit man by the training he received in the army....that would make him very afraid to talk of any high profile kills he may have done and I just feel he really enjoyed killing and got off track and started picking some of his own victims just for the thrill he got when doing these awful kills...but that is moo at this time.
I'm certainly not saying I know everything but I sure have sat for hours on this computer and read everything I could find....personally in my mind since he was friends with the Kehoe brothers and one of them being known to have driven a vehicle when the Oklahoma bombing happened...I feel Keyes was very involved in some way in this also....and it's not just me, I found 1 article on the web where a professional investigator says Keyes was involved in the bombing and I read that when this happened that witnesses came forward and tried to get FBI to take their information. there was at least 5 or 6 men seen running from that building the same time it happened and all of them were dressed in the black clothing like the main bombers were wearing, but they would not take this information because they did not want to re-open the case and from all I have read, I think Tim McVeigh kept his mouth shut and took a lot of the blame to cover up and not disclose others names, so therefore he paid the ultimate price for trying to keep info. inside....and if he was the one that kidnapped and killed the person that Dark Minds is going to reveal...that shoots Keyes theory that none of his victims got media coverage...this man was highly educated, in some way I take it he was some type interrigator because he spoke fluent other languages plus he may have been a spy because his mother stated when he called, he used codes...this would fit the theory that remains in my head...From all I have read, he tended to be one that hated Federal Government, I'm sure he knew of this man from his army stay and what all he stood for, if so I can bet he had a field day when he ran into this man on the trail that day....I just feel there is a lot more to IK Story that has never or may never be revealed to the public due to it being government related...but all is moo for now
and I DO NOT believe for 1 minute that he never went after children....I just think if he ran upon a random victim and they had a child with them or the child got in his way of killing, he would take them down also...I have nothing to base this on at this time, but remember he said what he did to that family cat caused all the kids there to run from him, the boys told their father and they were never able to play or go with him anywhere
My thoughts on the Bocchinos are I feel he was probably going to let them go as he did Jane Doe, but I feel he threatened this mother as he did Jane Doe, telling if they ever released info. he would come back and kill them....I just get a deep deep gut feeling he maybe put a gun to the childs head taunting this mother and Jane Doe said he did so at one point to her small boy and I feel this mother more than likely jumped in that back seat in defense of the daughter and this angered him, so he shot them both
And I feel that perhaps this really got to him (if that is possible) and maybe then he decided that he would not take down children anymore...but I truly don't think anything he said was the pure truth, I ask this question "Why would Keyes just up and tell those investigators Truth"???.......He knew he would either get the death penalty or spend the rest of his life in a federal prison...he knew one of them would be his fate.....So WHY would he choose to just come clean, tell the pure truth???....I just don't think he did or would he had nothing to gain by doing so because he was at a dead end either way they would have sentenced him...that is why when he didn't get his way or wish of being executed within that year, he was making sure they would get nothing more out of him and he cowardly took his own life I feel so they would not question him anymore and perhaps felt they would never find his victims from what little he had given him
and as far as the rental car being taken back late, I have no answer that would be truth, but Amtrak is all over Florida and other states....as you said No requirements for getting on one of those and no way to trace his travels if he did take Amtrak......I feel he was very acquainted with this type of travel since his father died in 2002 on a train going from Maine to California....this form of travel would be very hard to track anyone down from what I know about all this
Sorry I wrote a novel here!!! LOL

I believe hardly anything IK says, and I feel the only reason he let out his little bits and pieces was he knew he had to give them something when they had the FBI and etc. in on these meetings and that was a way for him to get out of his cell for an hour or so...Remember he was in confinement and there had to be 2 officers with him, even going to the bathroom and etc. plus Keyes was used to traveling a lot, getting out on his bike, running and etc...I feel he was beginning to loose it mentally due to being caged up...He was more like an animal to me and they hate being confined.
I think when all is said and done and if they truly stick to this case to try and find other victims, I have always said he will have some victims that were very high up (my words) in our society and I have always felt Keyes may have been a hired hit man by the training he received in the army....that would make him very afraid to talk of any high profile kills he may have done and I just feel he really enjoyed killing and got off track and started picking some of his own victims just for the thrill he got when doing these awful kills...but that is moo at this time.
I'm certainly not saying I know everything but I sure have sat for hours on this computer and read everything I could find....personally in my mind since he was friends with the Kehoe brothers and one of them being known to have driven a vehicle when the Oklahoma bombing happened...I feel Keyes was very involved in some way in this also....and it's not just me, I found 1 article on the web where a professional investigator says Keyes was involved in the bombing and I read that when this happened that witnesses came forward and tried to get FBI to take their information. there was at least 5 or 6 men seen running from that building the same time it happened and all of them were dressed in the black clothing like the main bombers were wearing, but they would not take this information because they did not want to re-open the case and from all I have read, I think Tim McVeigh kept his mouth shut and took a lot of the blame to cover up and not disclose others names, so therefore he paid the ultimate price for trying to keep info. inside....and if he was the one that kidnapped and killed the person that Dark Minds is going to reveal...that shoots Keyes theory that none of his victims got media coverage...this man was highly educated, in some way I take it he was some type interrigator because he spoke fluent other languages plus he may have been a spy because his mother stated when he called, he used codes...this would fit the theory that remains in my head...From all I have read, he tended to be one that hated Federal Government, I'm sure he knew of this man from his army stay and what all he stood for, if so I can bet he had a field day when he ran into this man on the trail that day....I just feel there is a lot more to IK Story that has never or may never be revealed to the public due to it being government related...but all is moo for now
and I DO NOT believe for 1 minute that he never went after children....I just think if he ran upon a random victim and they had a child with them or the child got in his way of killing, he would take them down also...I have nothing to base this on at this time, but remember he said what he did to that family cat caused all the kids there to run from him, the boys told their father and they were never able to play or go with him anywhere
My thoughts on the Bocchinos are I feel he was probably going to let them go as he did Jane Doe, but I feel he threatened this mother as he did Jane Doe, telling if they ever released info. he would come back and kill them....I just get a deep deep gut feeling he maybe put a gun to the childs head taunting this mother and Jane Doe said he did so at one point to her small boy and I feel this mother more than likely jumped in that back seat in defense of the daughter and this angered him, so he shot them both
And I feel that perhaps this really got to him (if that is possible) and maybe then he decided that he would not take down children anymore...but I truly don't think anything he said was the pure truth, I ask this question "Why would Keyes just up and tell those investigators Truth"???.......He knew he would either get the death penalty or spend the rest of his life in a federal prison...he knew one of them would be his fate.....So WHY would he choose to just come clean, tell the pure truth???....I just don't think he did or would he had nothing to gain by doing so because he was at a dead end either way they would have sentenced him...that is why when he didn't get his way or wish of being executed within that year, he was making sure they would get nothing more out of him and he cowardly took his own life I feel so they would not question him anymore and perhaps felt they would never find his victims from what little he had given him
and as far as the rental car being taken back late, I have no answer that would be truth, but Amtrak is all over Florida and other states....as you said No requirements for getting on one of those and no way to trace his travels if he did take Amtrak......I feel he was very acquainted with this type of travel since his father died in 2002 on a train going from Maine to California....this form of travel would be very hard to track anyone down from what I know about all this
Sorry I wrote a novel here!!! LOL
:goodpost: Thanks so much for this informative and illuminating post! Lots of info to mull over here, and many excellent points made. Thanks once more :D

It is interesting to ponder if being trained as a military hitman might give one a "taste for killing".

In so many ways, Keyes was a "normal" person, which makes his serial killer side more disturbing: Had he been lonely, friendless, rejected by women, schizophrenic, then one might conclude he was driven to the dark side, simply to have an identity.

As things stand, however, he had women who loved him and lived with him, he fathered a child, he ran a business, he was well-liked, he had a home, a family, etc., etc. Thus, what he did to the Curriers, Samantha Koenig, and others, is all the more horrific, IMO.

The story of what he did to his sister's cat, and his laughter while the other boy was traumatized, is very disturbing. Was he born to be a killer, the way some are born to be artists or athletes? Why can he have so much feeling for his daughter, but not a cat? Not a Samantha Koenig. Maybe he is just vilely, massively selfish.

ETA: This pic of Keyes does not look like him at all: (released when the Curriers were missing, and someone had seen Keyes driving their vehicle). Just compare it to the mall one:

(thumbnails)

Which is why the Boca Mall composite from Jane Doe's description is so compelling.

Attachments

• israel-keyes-31778.jpg
    israel-keyes-31778.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 78
  • rsz_keyes_florida_3.jpg
    rsz_keyes_florida_3.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 69
[video=twitter;648938137293574144]https://twitter.com/LaurenHillsTV/status/648938137293574144[/video]

That is relevant because 12 hrs after the murders, Nancy's cell and credit card were found in Miami-Dade County.

Police believe the killer may have connections to the Miami-Dade area.

https://twitter.com/LaurenHillsTV/status/648938518161530881

Also, the reward has been increased to $400,000.

No one has been arrested, but Boca Raton police believe the killings are linked to an August 2007 carjacking in which the victim survived. That victim provided information that led to a sketch of the man believed to be responsible.

Investigators believe that the plastic ties and duct tape found at the crime scene were purchased from a major home-improvement store in Miami-Dade County.

http://www.local10.com/news/fbi-police-announce-new-reward-update-in-town-center-killings/35553162

To me, the composite looks like Keyes. I don't believe for one minute that he never killed children....I think that if he had the opportunity to kill someone , he would not let the presence of a child prevent him from doing so.

This man was a "murdering machine" , he loved everything about it, the hunt, the murder itself and then reading about his deeds!

The timeline I feel is far from complete, his desire to kill was consuming him....no way were there gaps of several months that he did not kill.

Sorry for Off Topic, just noticed in the Bocchichio article:

The mother dialed 911 and hung up (of course she couldn't speak)
The dispatcher called the phone back, received no answer, and gave up.

I've read of 2 other cases like this, where a woman whose ex-husband was murdering her called 911 and hung up; and a girl in England who was being abducted, dialed their emergency number and hung up. Both were brutally murdered.

Question: Why can't the 911 dispatch ping the phone and come to assistance? Seems awful that no help came......

I’m a former detective, and with a cell phone on 911 the computer can only give you a general location based on the closest tower the call bounced off of, unlike a house phone that’s registered to an address. So unless the person says where they are, it’s hard to pinpoint exactly where to go. Dispatch at our PD always sent an officer to any 911 call with an address or the area of a cell phone regardless if it was a hang up or not.

Last edited:
I would also add: IK was a self-professed serial killer with a 14 year history ----- he was crafty, cunning, and a liar. Why should he not be suspect????
I am thinking Matthew muller fits the MO

I kind of feel the same way about this one as I do some of the other major unsolved cases he's involved with. If keyes was as capable and calculating and we suspect he was, I think it's a good possibility. But on the other hand I often find myself considering that he wasn't who he lead us to believe he was (in terms of control and perfection) and if that is the case I don't think there's a chance.

Reactions: dub
I kind of feel the same way about this one as I do some of the other major unsolved cases he's involved with. If keyes was as capable and calculating and we suspect he was, I think it's a good possibility. But on the other hand I often find myself considering that he wasn't who he lead us to believe he was (in terms of control and perfection) and if that is the case I don't think there's a chance.
I feel like the best way to look at Keyes’ capabilities is that he was in fact that capable and calculating in theory, but in practice he could only live up to that sometimes.

But regardless I don’t think he was responsible for the Boca Raton cases due to timing. For the first one, he was unaccounted for, but in the second, the one with the sketch, he was in Alaska the day before so it’s highly unlikely (though maybe not impossible).

And on the third one he was on the move, but his travel pattern at the time and in the prior month strongly suggests he was somewhere between Indiana and New York. I am pretty confident he actually did murder someone in New York the day after the third Boca case:
Edward A. Ratynski Jr. – The Charley Project

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back