GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
BIB IIRC from the opening statement, KD thought he was storing drugs and JP claims she didn't know what was in the bags. Perhaps KD thought the dog would smell drugs and didn't want it barking at the shed all week.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/couple-allowed-becky-watts-body-6589675

Just thinking, rather than pre-planning to keep the dogs in, what could have happened is... they take in the packages, either not knowing what it was or suspecting drugs. Then they let their dogs out and the dogs start reacting to whatever it is in the shed so they assume they're reacting to the smell of drugs and then keep them inside away from it.

BIB IIRC from the opening statement, KD thought he was storing drugs and JP claims she didn't know what was in the bags. Perhaps KD thought the dog would smell drugs and didn't want it barking at the shed all week.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/couple-allowed-becky-watts-body-6589675

Yes, I remember that comment from KD in the opening statement. So at the very least they did believe the packages were drugs and for that alone surely they will get a custodial sentence.
Plus JP presumably also knew it was drugs - otherwise, would she not have queried why the dogs could not go outside ? ( unless of course there is another reason for the dogs being kept in during that week )

New thread coming up, please be ready to move over.

:tyou:

Believe that initially the dogs were out in yard for day or two (after evidence placed in shed), then were no longer seen by neighbor out in the yard.

Could just be that the dogs were paying more attention than normal to the shed and KD/JP (thinking it was drugs) decided best keep them indoors. I would love to know if any of them, at any point, made a flippant/jokey comment about Becky being in there. There must have been a lightbulb moment for each of them, if only that moment could be replayed on camera.

I'm a few pages behind but exactly what I thought. I've never done jury service, do they take notes? How on earth do they remember who said and did what and when and how this fits with that etc.

Yes they are allowed to take notes in court. They can't take the notebooks home in the evening though. A lot will depend on how good the prosecutions summation is though and how well he reminds them of the evidence they have heard and what its relevance is.

Believe that initially the dogs were out in yard for day or two (after evidence placed in shed), then were no longer seen by neighbor out in the yard.
Ah that could fitwith what I just posted... that they don't keep the dogs in till they start reacting to whatever was in the shed and I guess they might not to do that immediately as the scent would build up the longer it was kept there . And even then they might think it's drugs the dogs can smell rather than a body, especially if there was no obvious smell to them.

So they can't take notes home to look back on? I would love to do jury service but I bet it can become all-consuming with cases like this one.

no, can't take any notes home. it is very frustrating because when there is a mountain of evidence, such as phone records, you really do want the time to read it all while not having to listen to witnesses at the same time and miss something. You will be required to turn to page 28 for instance and look at one message and then flip to another page.

however, you get as much time as you need to look over everything once you go into the deliberation room. that is when they lock you in and you can't come out until home time! unfortunately a few of us were smokers so the jury bailiff allowed us outside to a small courtyard twice a day for a ciggie, but the whole jury had to come out too and stand with us.

Could just be that the dogs were paying more attention than normal to the shed and KD/JP (thinking it was drugs) decided best keep them indoors. I would love to know if any of them, at any point, made a flippant/jokey comment about Becky being in there. There must have been a lightbulb moment for each of them, if only that moment could be replayed on camera.

Yup we're on the same page. I'd imagine NMs arrest would stop and make them wonder. Not sure they had any time between him being charged with murder and the police turning up at their door though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member