The Duct Tape Match #3

continue here.
PLease do not substitute derogatory variations on the names of the players. This will result ina TO because this has been an issue in this forum for over a year. thanks guys.

If any of you are new or have never read the rules of this forum and the whole forum, please take a moment to do so.

continue here.
PLease do not substitute derogatory variations on the names of the players. This will result ina TO because this has been an issue in this forum for over a year. thanks guys.

If any of you are new or have never read the rules of this forum and the whole forum, please take a moment to do so.
Even Casey?:behindbar

Ok from the other thread, regarding the metal gas cans and Osha standards and all that jazz we were discussing. I have gone and read all the data about the CARB standards and the EPA standards, and have googled the metal cans as suggested by one of our members and here is what I have found. The metal gas cans that I found were all five gallon cans. Many folks do not keep a five gallon can on hand. Almost ALL of the metal gas cans that I found were $40 plus dollars as well...Now, regarding the "standards" it has been determined, in some reports, that the permeation rate on a plastic can is far greater than that of a metal can. What this means is that if the cans are closed and sealed up, including vent holes, the plastic cans lose more vapors through permeation of the plastic than do the metal cans-thus making the metal cans more desirous for environmental purposes. The CARB standards and the EPA standards are changing, and a LOT of that is to do with child proofing gas cans so that children are unable to open the can or interact with the vapors whatsoever. Another problem with all the cans is spillage. Then there is the issue of spillage at the pumps and during refilling equipment (transferring the gas from the can to wherever it is going). There IS also the issue of potential for ignition of the gas or the vapors inside the can, although from all the reading that I did this has not been substantiated or proven that the gas inside the can will combust...anyhow...California is one of the only states that I could find who had stringently adopted some of these measures, although many were discussing it and considering it. However, for OUR purposes here, there is no "law" in place whatsoever which makes plastic fuel cans illegal to use or to sell.
Here are some of the documents that I read to come to these conclusions:
http://www.cpsc.gov/LIBRARY/FOIA/FOIA03/os/Gascans.pdf
http://www.nj.gov/dep/aqm/BBattPFC3.pdf
http://earth1.epa.gov/otaq/regs/toxics/420r07003chp5.pdf
http://www.epa.gov/OMS/regs/toxics/420r07001.pdf
http://www.cpsc.gov/LIBRARY/FOIA/meetings/mtg08/portfuel8_21.pdf

Now I realize this was not extensive research, but it was enough to tell me that these recommendations have not been deemed LAW in most places and are just that, recommendations...

So on the question of how old George's gas can may be? Still no answer...

I missed NG too because I was on the phone but I did see a clip regarding the duct tape. Does anyone know what she said? Anything new?

I dunno if this has been mentioned, but I have a thought here and wanted to talk it out: Do you remember who said that KC stole her duct tape? A girl? Missing duct tape that was in her purse? Was it Dante's girlfriend? Didn't Dante race cars? Would he use the tape?

I dunno if this has been mentioned, but I have a thought here and wanted to talk it out: Do you remember who said that KC stole her duct tape? A girl? Missing duct tape that was in her purse? Was it Dante's girlfriend? Didn't Dante race cars? Would he use the tape?

It was Amy Huizenga in a correspondence with Casey after the No Clothes party.

I don't know and have been trying to get some discussion going on this. In the interview from the latest document dump, Annie asserted that she had no knowledge of Casey ever having "packing materials ie duct tape". But in a series of text or pm messages, Annie complains about Casey having Annies' tape from the Anything but Clothes Party.

What kind of tape was she referring to...did she say duct tape? I can no longer remember.

I think you have Annie & Amy mixed up.....I believe it was Amy speaking of the Duct tape:waitasec:

Thank you - you are right !!!

Thanks reeseeva

Seriously.
It was good to see WS working there.

I missed the wrong name when Shaymus posted the question too. Good to have it cleared up so simply.

The tape that Amy uses is called "gripper tape"...and I don't know why she didn't clarify that. I remember this from month's ago...it was on this board. Amy uses it when she used to work for stage setup. It was missing and she believed Casey had it.

Here is a link to Gripper tape:

http://www.narrow-fabrics-manufacturers.com/gripper-tapes.html

Some links might be in order here. Links to Amy's statement.

Are you sure that Amy's tape wasn't "gaffer" tape. That is a minor variant of duct tape which would be in common use on movie sets, sound stages, event equipment set-ups, etc.

I'm quite familiar with your "Gripper" tape, and it is of no earthly use to anyone who is not installing or repairing wall-to-wall carpet.

ETA: My bad. Checked this product. Yet another Gripper tape and not what I thought. It's still not a tape that would be useful for anything but carpet/rug issues.

Thanks, Forty-Two,....Again I stand corrected....it was gaffer tape! Sorry, I was going from memory....not a good idea anymore...lol

22nd may 2008
8.37 am – good luck at your interview. Good luck hug from me and the little one.
9.28am – haha youre too funny
11.40 am- eh not great. Did you already have your interview?
11.42 am – ah the suspense is killing me.
11.51 am – good. You shouldnt be.
1.53pm why not leave it?
1.55 pm- Its prob pretty impressive
1.59 pm - Yeah makes sense.
5.27 pm – do you work tonight?

23RD MAY
- Do we have a time to look at the place today?8.41am I'll have to let you know when I get back from the doctors. I gave caylee my cold :(
- And your bruised rib? I didnt think those were contagious!poor baby.give her a hug for me.
8.46am at least her ribs are good haha. I know I feel terrible. I gave her some amy love.
- Good luck
- Dude. So yesterday Will teexted me saying he thought we should have sex. I texted back what? No response. He is my friend and I dont know if he was serious.
11.17am oh boy.as nice as it is for casual sex...with a friend is never easy.ric and I had it out bad yesterday. I'm never making that mistake again.
- Yeah i'm not about that. It screws stuff up.
11.19 am - big time. Stupid doctor. Waiting sux
- I'm under a table. Want to trade places?
11.30.haha in a heartbeat
- you have to keep your cold tho. Thats not part of the deal.
11.32 am - haha .damn what about the bruised rib?
- yours too I'm afraid. This is a positionary change only. And yes, I believe I just made up a word.
11.34 thats awsome. You crack me up
- I do my best. So after the show I' going to go home and shower. I'll just nap til we go.
11.41 sounds good. I'll be stuck here forat least another hour. So many kids
- well stop giving your kid colds! Geez! The show is about to end. I'll be here another 30-35 min. whatever works. Keep me posted
11.51. i'm trying! This is the first time she has ever gotten sick. We made it almost three yrs. I'll let you know.
- Its all good. You did well! 3 years is a good run. I'm totally flexible, whatever happens whenever.
11.56 - I tried. Thanks love.

12.54pm - what do you have planned for this w/end?
- Shows from 1230 to 930 tom, 1230 to 6 sun. tonight 5.30 to 9.30. no other plans. Why?
12.58pm if i'm healthy lets do something.nothiing crazy.i'm not really sure yet.
- Sounds good. I've been feeling more chill lately anyway. I go through periods of time where i'm wanting to party then chill times.
1.02pm - nothng wrong with that.i'm the same way.is definitely chill time.
- It's good timing since its moving time soon.
1.05pm -exactly and we're all supposed to be saving for this trip.
- True that.
3.47 pm - I officially have no respect for ricardo.itruely dont. I'm so sick of him thinking he's right about everything.he knows nothing about me or nor does he care.
3.59 pm - I dont think I can be friends with him anymore. I really dont
- just up froma nap. What happened? And whats with going to look at that place?
4.02pm - i'm honestly not feeling up to doing anything now. I dont want to keep putting it off but its going to have to b e laterthis w/end.
- I cant now anyway. Got to shower and go back to work. I just need to know you are serious about it. I have a date looming where I wont have a home and I need to know where i'm going soon. Its scarey.
4.03 pm we cant keep fighting. Yeasterday carried over into today and I cant deal with him disrespecting me constantly. We cant talk to each other unless its in person.its ridiculous.
- So keep it in person for now. You cant bounce back and not expect whiplash. Its takes time. 4.07pm - trust me.i'm serious. I've been to this house 4 times already. I'm pretty set.i asked the homeowner to wait til the end of the month so I can get everything this warranted.
- O.k I totally trust you, just wanted to make sure. I've never been in this position before. I dont like it.
4.07 pm - ng settled
4.10pm he blames me to jumping on him when he cant answer a simple question without an 'I dont know'
- Thats Ricardo tho.
4.10 pm - I know him! I'm going to get it done and done right
4.12 pm -well if he calls me a ***** again we cant be friends. I'm serious. I have nevern argued like this with someone outside my family and at least then it was
- Love you tons. Shower time tho, then work.
4.13pm -love you too!thanksd for hearing me out. Be careful!
- Let things go with Ricardo for a while. Dont talk to him for a bit. N ot childishly of course. But in a group setting be civil and otherwise let the friendship coast back to a normal speed on its own. I'm feeling very metaphorical today.
4.27 pm - you are very metaphorical today. I'm just not talking to him period.if I want to at some point, I will.i'm really done woith all of it.
- I'm sorry love. That sucks. No metaphor. It plain sucks.
4.30 pm - it does. Do me a favour and dont talk to him about it. No sense in getting in the middle of us both being idiots.
- I never would. Its not my place. Everything you tell me about him is between us. 4.32 pm - I know and I appreciate it :)
- Hugs. Now a drive to work. Fridays later if you are up for it?
4.36 pm - text me when you get out. I'll talk to my momma. I thinkl I need it..
- Thats what I was thinking.
4.38 pm - I know I cant drink but talking always helps.
- Exactly. And Fridays always has a good vibe. Its been known to have healing powers...the vibe that is and mentally
4.43 pm - this is true :)

7.48pm - I'm going to stay home. Raincheck for tomorrow night? I already cleared it with my Madre. I'm going to bed early.
7.49 pm -repeat above message.
- Awesome Tom it is! Get sleep!.
7.49 pm - Oh I am :)

24th MAY 2008
- I had me some firefighter last night.
Pm – Y ou are too funny!
2:47pm -What did we want to do tonight?
- Well...we could do Fridays or something of the like. Did you want to do dinner? At the moment i'm not feeling like drinking , but that may change. I dont remember a whole lot of last night. Which makes me very sad.
3:00pm I'm not drinking till i'm off my medication so I will be a few weeks. I'm down for whatever
Lets do dinner then. Its been forever since I've had a good sit down dinner. How do you feel about Olive garden or Outback?
Hows the kid doing with her cold?
5:51 pm- She's good. Barely sneezing anymore.
Good. Poor kid! I'm excited for tonight. So what are we thinking for food?
10.10pm- Where are ya?
- On my way. There was a puppy
10.11pm - Awesome. C u soon
10.31pm - Theres a lot of good man meat here
Your car is safe. Have fun. He is totally the hottest guy there. Sorry i'm such a bum! Darn sex I dont remember making me tired. Have fun at least? *************CHECK?
- - Home!Bed!

25th MAY 2008
10.51 am - So the cops came about 1.15 and broke up the party. How bittersweet.
- That sucks! I got home and fell asleep before I even figured out what was on adult swim. I was actually very tired. Have fun at least?
10:56 am - It was a lot of fun. I'm glad I finally got to c tony. He's a really sweet guy. And we kicked butt at beer pong. 3 and 0. did you have fun?i know you were exausted.
- Oh yeah. Thats why I left when I did. I was having fun but I wanted to go before that stopped.
10:59 am - Always a good idea. I'm still sleepy- 7hrs of great sleep!
- I'm totally ready for today !
11:01 am - Me too!
- So I think I have a great idea for this tape thing. I just have to go to walart or get some place to get a cheap tank top and skirt. That way I can tape up and cut it off and make a door for myself. I realized I will have to pee at some point!
1:21 pm - Haha. Thats a great idea
2:46 pm - you will officially see the american flag in all its glory tonight :D
- Nice! Im going to go to target to get the tank top. On sale for 6. want to go there with me? Or I can go there first.
2.50pm - you going right after work?
- unless I'm getting you first.
- Oh. And I have every intention of making out with a guy tonight. Its my goal.
2.57 pm- you will make out with someone tonight. Done deal
-Awesome
2.59pm - haha. oh I love ya girl!
6.26 pm - whacha singing?
- Wicked. Defying gravity
6.27 pm – Nice
- My fav song
6.29 pm -Amazing song- great play
6.33 pm - Water number 4
6.36 pm - I'm taking this all the way to dean
- Okie! I didnt feel the darn texts!
6.37 pm - No worries
- I see you!
6.41 pm - I see you too
- He fills me with joy every day
6.47 pm- I like your monkey
6.49 pm -I love monkeys .theyre always so happy

26TH MAY 2008

9.13 pm - Hows work?
9.13pm - No call. I talked to iassen and got a lot of info. Funny how you can sometimes get closure from someone not even involved. Stupid boys. I'm glad that I bo(incomplete)
- Leaving in a sec. Mike is here hitting on a blonde at the bar. I'm waiting for a kid I'm taking home. Painful without cigs. I'm glad you got some closure tho.are you ok?
9.18 pm- again stupid boys. Haha. I'm great actually. Sitting around all day waiting made me realise that I am not that girl and Ive never been that girl. I defitour a game seriously
9.18 pm - ely dont ever want to be that girl . Enlightening.
-Yeah i'm doing a little of that too. Sadly for me I can no longer scope out a guy at a party and go for it. I dont really want to. But I miss that.
9.22 pm- Same here. I get young kids hitting on me now or friends and thats just weird. We seriously are going to have to rejoin the grown up scene.
- Yeah those boys were too young last night. Even the older ones I wasnt attracted to. This sucks. I really wants a guy. I've never had anything real.Jasen really truly loved me but didnt know how to act. I want that love in agood guy. I miss that love so much
9.30 pm - I'm right there with ya. Thats how Ryan was.I want to be able to share my time and love with someone and have it be special. No more boys. We need men
- Yeah. Now I feel like crying this sucks.
9.32pm - No crying! I did enough of that for the both of us last night! I love you hun. Keep your head up
- I know. I just had to sit and there for 20mins and hear him hit on that chick. It made me want a good guy. I just dont know where to find them. So house tom?
10.37pm - House tomorrow. And a good guy will find you. No looking...well...maybe a litle looking
- Its hard not to. So, yeah. I dont work til 6. totally free until then.
11.03 pm- Awesome I'm in at 6am and out around noon. I love my early mornings.
- Icky. Its funny. I'll work from 6pm til midnight..just let me know when. I'llmake sure i'm showered and stuff before noon so I can head over whenever. Dude I am so hoping Mike calls tonight so I can be like, what strike out with the blonde?
11.12 pm - Congrats on your 1st day without cigarettes. I am mucho mucho proud of you!
- Thanks. I miss them
11.13 pm - Sounds good. I hope the arsehole does try. He screwed up bad enough last night. He really isnt that smart. If youre gonna play a game and at least bring ynestly gave up on all hope of anything a long time ago. I miss my friend.
-Yeah well the kid gets wasted. Ah well, its funny when it comes down to it. Where do guys hang out? There has to be a place we just dont know about.
11.18 pm- They are always mixed in with the losses unfortunately. We will find them one way or another.
- Sigh. This game bites.
11. 20pm- Agreed. At least neither of us is alone! We will conquer this together.
- Yup yup.this weekend will be great. I'll just miss you. Weekends are when I see you.
11.25 pm- I know!Glad I'm only out of town for a couple of days and its next week. I'll just have to come up and flirt with some blonde bartender :)
- I need to work on my flirting skills!
11.27 pm- Maybe we really should speeddate. I think it would help us both a lot
- It sure couldnt hurt
11.29 pm - I will look into that at work in the morning. It will be fun and new.
- Go for it. At this point I'm willing to try anything
11.31 pm- Done and done. I'm ready for a nice guy to settle down with
Hear hear!
27TH MAY 2008
9.36 am - I have the biggest news, and I mean huge! I'll call you when I get done thisafternoon. Wow seriously amazingly awsome news! Hope the added suspense helps :)
- Totally! Way excited!
4.29 pm - When do you leave for tally?
- Sometime Friday
4.30 pm- Awesome I have a date that night! Tony just asked me out to dinner.
- Sweet! I'll be drunk hopefully
4.32 pm- Haha I maybe too. I think i'm going to his club that night to check it out.
- Sweet. I'm so excited for you. I think I might do some interweb dating. Maybe.
4.35 pm - I've been thinking the same thing. If a cute guy that I actually get along with wants to take me out to dinner, why not?
- Of course. More power to you. I want a guy to take me out. Its been years!
4.38 pm- Outside of ric its been far and few between for me too. Its like guys dont know how to treat a lady anymore
- Its the damn feminists I tell you
4.39 pm- Haha youre not kidding
- They wanted equality and they sure got it. Sadly the rest of us have to deal as well.
4.42 pm- Agreed. Sucks majorly
- Sigh. Showertime. Photos are up. Work time pm - Awesome. Thanks love
10.31 pm I almost feel bad because ric invited me over like 4 times. He decides now of all times...after I finally got closure with him to start showing me that he cares GRRR
- That bites hun. Just remember he does not want a relationship. He probably misses your friendship. Which he should. Just keep it in groups for now.
11.56pm - And I will. Its finally nice to know that he cares. Honestly...I'm completely over him
and that entire situation. I'm so glad! And...i just talked to tony for almost 2 hrs. He's worth getting to know, oddly enough.
- Good. That makes me happy for you. You certainly deserve it. I miss smoking.

28TH MAY 2008
12.00 am- Smoking is bad! Thanks though.Its nice to have a nice boy and I new friend. So...poor ric is sick! He has the flu :(
- Boys and friends are good. Poor ric thats what he gets for running away this weekend!
12.06am- Haha thats what I wanted to say!
- Almost home! Got dish soap and iron supplements. Got gas. Ten more minutes and home!12.26 am - I'm not online now, right?
- Not home yet silly!
12.26 am -Haha nevermind my text! Be safe!
- Always. Dude I almost broke down at work. When we cut to closers I had made 8 dollars. I was freaking out. I ended up with 60. but the summer will involve a lot of picked up shifts.
12.31am - Yeah seriously.cheap *advertiser censored* people.
- Part was that. But I'd only had 3 tables by 8:00. but my sales were at 85. I ended with 340 in sales but the boys stopped taking tables at the end thank god
3.39pm - Good news. We have an excuse to get all your stuff out of storage. We will eventually need a pretty decent amount of stuff.
-Yay now i'm as happy as you! And I did everything on my list today! I may start on tomorrows!3.43 pm - Nice! I've been productive today too. It feels good
- That it does. My car has seats now! I'm going to get it detailed after this trip
3.45 pm - Awesome! :)
- Everything is clean for me to leave. And then pack deep clean and leave! I feel like this will be such an easy move but a long unpack. We will have all month that we can leave my stuff in storage if you wanted to do anything that requires space. Or a place to put whatever. I'll keep it until the end of june
3.52pm - Thats perfect. If anything once we move my stuff into my parents room we can use my room for storage and the garage too. There will be plenty of room.
Sweet. Ah life is good. Now houlihans just needs to pick up! Or it will be a boring summer for Amy.

MAY 30TH 2008
1.50pm - Have fun in tally!
- Thanks hun. Then its back and time to plan a move!
1.52 pm - Yes! I'm super excited!
- Me too! Life is good. Its day 5...going strong for now.
1.54pm- I'm so proud of you!
- Lets see how the weekend goes...this is the big test
1.56pm- . For sure
- Sigh . This drive sucks. Thank goodness its the last time! Hows the vacation going?
- J.p and ric have their tix. I called my dad again so hopefully I have mine soon. Wanted to make sure you were in the loop cause I wasnt
3.35 pm- I knew abou ric. I'll get mine this weekend then
- Now its really happening! Ah this will be great!
3.36 pm- I cant wait!
- Me either!
3.41 pm- Is jp home already?
- Just got in
3.47 pm- Nice

1ST JUNE 2008
- I maybe home tom. Will isnt calling me back. Are you guys going out tom night?
3AM- Not sure if I'm going out.I'll be with tony during the day.I really like this kid! Cant wait to see you :)
- I think I broke my toe. I had a dream where I kicked a bad guy and I woke up kicking a table and crying.

It wasn't duct tape either. It believe it was determined to be gaffer tape.

I have bolded and made RED the statement from May 25 of Amy's that I was attempting to highlight. Anyhow, I have gone through the forums in several ways and have not found the instance being stated herein where Amy calls her tape Gaff Tape. I have seen where Geraldo was calling the DUCT tape GAFF tape when this all first broke, and honestly I cannot even locate the message where Amy says something about the tape being stolen. I think it is important for us to establish this is a FACT and not just another of those "this grew from this into this when it never was that in the first place" type scenarios. Anyone who cares to help me hunt is welcome...

Was it a TEXT or was it in her statement to the police where Amy even discusses the tape?

I recall that the duct tape convo was a FB posting. I'm going to look for it and see if I can find a link.

ETA: link to FB duct tape post info

http://www.wftv.com/news/18301938/detail.html

http://www.wftv.com/news/18301938/detail.html
From this link:

"One specific posting in late May, from who appears to be Casey's former best friend Amy Huizenga, reads, 'You lost my duct tape. I was excited to have so much left. That's why (sic) I get for giving you my purse'."

So it was NOT in one of Amy's text messages...you see how information can become "fact" very quickly and it makes me appreciate WS policy of providing links when requested. Thanks chefmom!:blowkiss:

From the Casey Intentionally Killed Caylee thread,
post no. 139:
Marina 2:
QUOTE:
I don't think anyone is trying to implicate an innocent party with the suggestion that the tape may have been gaffers tape. They are most likely trying to link it to KC since text msgs between AH and KC have AH claiming that KC lost her (AH's) duct tape. I can see someone calling gaffers tape "duct tape". It's easier to say and type in a text msg. If it was gaffers tape found on Caylee it will look even worse for KC with those text msgs.
QUOTE:
I'm sorry but I'm not really sure why ANYONE is introducing the idea that the tape found on the remains is GAFF TAPE and not DUCT TAPE. Two TOTALLY DIFFERENT types of tape. All the reports from LE, etc. that have been reported in the media have referred only to DUCT TAPE.

Here is what gaff tape is: [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaffer_tape[/ame]
Here is what duct tape is: [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duct_tape[/ame]
Although both are pressure sensitive, one is backed with cotton material and the other vinyl.
PLEASE, PLEASE don't try to confuse the issue ... it makes me think that anyone that tries to say gaff tape was with the remains is trying to point the finger at someone who has not been implicated and is merely involved because she just happens to be a friend of the accused.
QUOTE:
I think I know where that came from, during the Q&A portion with Dr. G the day she announced that the remains found were of Caylee, a reporter asked the first question.
The first question posed to Dr. G was about Gaff tape found on the remains.
QUOTE:
The only person I have heard use the word "gaffer tape" is Geraldo. He has always said "gaffer tape" never once heard him say duct tape. In fact I had never heard the word gaffer tape before hearing him.

Also impossible to use duct tape with gloves they stick together!!!!
QUOTE:
I think the idea it might be gaff tape originally was not intended to implicate the friend/person abused and used by Casey, but rather to IMPLICATE Casey (based on the web postings about taking and then losing the friend's duct tape, with some assumptions made based on the friend's background). When I heard this, that's what I thought: Casey bad and what else did she steal. But it never hurts to remind people of the havoc already wreaked on Casey's friends and to be cautious.
QUOTE:
I don't think anyone is trying to implicate an innocent party with the suggestion that the tape may have been gaffers tape. They are most likely trying to link it to KC since text msgs between AH and KC have AH claiming that KC lost her (AH's) duct tape. I can see someone calling gaffers tape "duct tape". It's easier to say and type in a text msg. If it was gaffers tape found on Caylee it will look even worse for KC with those text msgs.
Originally Posted by seagull65
Yeah and nothing wrong if someone heard it could possibly be gaff tape and mentions it here, that's the whole point of this board, no one said it was confirmed that it's gaff tape, obviously we're all just waiting for confirmation of these details to come out. Thanks for your post Lisabet.
QUOTE:
GR repeatedly called it gaffers tape a couple of weeks ago on his Sunday night show . He is the only one I have heard use the it.
QUOTE:
Thank you, Seagull. In no way at all did I intend to suggest the involvement in this crime to anyone other than Casey. If I knew how to post links, I'd go looking for them and post them, but from memory alone, and from a text message from Amy to Casey, Amy complained to Casey about taking and using up her "gaff tape". I was curious about that at the time because I had no idea what gaff tape might be, and I learned it was used to hold their costumes together at the "No Clothes' party, that it belonged to Amy and that she had it left over from when she worked on the cruise ship. If anything at all, Casey helped herself to Amy's tape, but the original discussion was only about TAPE......what kinds there are and if they would hold fingerprints or other forensic evidence. There was no intention to implicate anyone else in this horror.
QUOTE:
Having been in the business of producing videos, you are correct, BUT, Gaffer's tape is often casually referred to as simply duct tape, particularly by the uninitiated. I'm not sure that it would be unusual for LE to casually make this reference. The importance, imho, would not be to implicate someone else, but, if it really is gaffer's tape, it might be the tape KC took from her friend Amy -- another direct link to KC -- and less common than household duct tape.
QUOTE:
Excellent point---not sure how or who started this "gaff" tape nonsense.
QUOTE:
I believe it was the inimitable Geraldo who first said Gaff tape. I remember rolling my eyes when he said it.
QUOTE:
Just after Caylee was found to have tape on her Geraldo was giving an impromp-to 'breaking news' deal. He was the one calling it gaff tape. He called it that several times. Michael Baden was there with a roll of duct/duck tape and was calling it duct tape and doing a demonstration of just how good the tape was at collecting prints and tissue. He also pointed up that it would be nearly impossible to use with latex/rubber gloves too. Baden also demonstrated tearing the tape with his teeth and leaving DNA evidence behind.
So...blame the Gaff tape on Geraldo. I was watching 'live' and I honestly couldn't understand why one of them was saying duct and the other gaff. I didn't even know what Gaffer tape was.
QUOTE:
I remember it as being Geraldo who brought the Gaff tape up, too.

No big surprise since, imo, he evidently is working with the defense in such a close way. He hasn't been too anxious to push any of the real facts of this case unless it favors them in some remote way or he can spin it towards them, IMO.

I brought all of these over in this manner because unfortunately once a thread is closed you are no longer able to use the conventional method of quoting a passage or a post. Anyhow I brought all of this over to remind us all to be vigilant between what is fact and what is an unknown yet to be established...:blowkiss:

This thread seems to be in flux or something. I went on the main page to the duct tape match #2 and it did not bring me HERE. I went into my own personal posts and arrived here...where IS here when the other thread has the very same title and this one is not it?

There are 2 threads with the very same title...

I think the other thread was locked as it was about 30 pages, but is now somehow unlocked. Seems like there were a lot more posts on that thread that are gone now too.

That other one should be #1, or this should be #3, or something...

Looks like this is something for JBean? :)

I think the other thread was locked as it was about 30 pages, but is now somehow unlocked. Seems like there were a lot more posts on that thread that are gone now too.

That other one should be #1, or this should be #3, or something...

Looks like this is something for JBean? :)
Yeah it is a metamorphisizing thread! (I know that is not a word, and if it were that would not be how you spell it, but...we are Somewhere In Between here!). Yep, JBean to the rescue?>:blowkiss:

Under today's article in the Orlando Sentinel about the defense's filing motions, there are some comments. the one I found interesting and am wondering if I have missed it posted somewhere else, if it is true, rumor, or false, is that this duct tape was "pinched from the Lexus Dealership" where GA worked.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back