Defending the R's

claudicici

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I have never started a thread but in all the JB forum I have not really found what I was looking for yet.
If it was an intruder how can the actions and lies of the R's be explained away?

First question I have is :why did the R's say JB was asleep on their way home and never woke up after they got home?

The only explanation I got is they knew exactly who it was and why and that person/persons knew something terrible about the R's and that's why the R's kept their mouths shut.

or maybe something bad happened when one of them exposed JB ,a sexy photoshoot or something(that would have to be PR)

or maybe they and some other friends performed some kind of ritual on her that went bad (I still didn't find out who those friends were who attended PR's ritual,remember,the one she always said saved her from cancer?)

In both scenarios above the R's did not directly killed her but were a part of it and have reasons to cover up for the one/ones who did.

"meanwhile the pastor led the Ramseys and their friends in prayer in the living room holding hands as JB's body lay before them"

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Video/playerIndex?id=2326773

why were THESE particular friends called over?were they the same ones that attended PR's ritual?
dunno about you but it gives me the creeps,a bunch of people gathered around the poor kids covered body praying right after she's been found with a stick hanging around her neck(sounds fanatically to me,just try to visualize it)
I would have kicked the reverend out of there,the friends as well,no time for prayer,that was a crime scene and JB's body was a crime scene itself

BTW,did anyone supervise them while they were praying next to JB's body???

I have never started a thread but in all the JB forum I have not really found what I was looking for yet.
If it was an intruder how can the actions and lies of the R's be explained away?

First question I have is :why did the R's say JB was asleep on their way home and never woke up after they got home?

Well if we play along with an IDI scenario, then one explanation is that the R's put JBR to bed and then went to bed themselves and as far as they knew, JBR had not been up again. They just woke up the next morning and found her "missing".

That of course means someone else got her out of bed, brought her downstairs, fed her pineapple (from a bowl apparently not owned by the Ramseys - snort - coffee just came out my nose) killed her, redressed her, ...........all w/o waking anyone. Then left a nonsensical "RN".

Another possibility is the Rs are lying through their teeth. If they start explaining why they were up, and JBR was up, they put themselves closer in time to JBRs death.

claudicici,

Because thats the scenario that requires a minimum of answers if you stage an IDI homicide.

Also Burke Ramsey stated he saw JonBenet walk from the car into the Ramsey house. Curious statement if JonBenet was sound asleep, and he was involved in her death?

If it was an intruder then the actions of the Ramsey's can only be explained away as stupidity and bad luck.

yes,if IDI and the adult R's are telling the truth,that JB was asleep then Burke was lying.Why would Burke lie about his sister being awake?
RDI clearly makes more sense.The R's lied so they would not have to make statements about what happened after they returned home.
So if IDI believes Burke lied then what would be that explanation?
Why would he lie?

yes,if IDI and the adult R's are telling the truth,that JB was asleep then Burke was lying.Why would Burke lie about his sister being awake?
RDI clearly makes more sense.The R's lied so they would not have to make statements about what happened after they returned home.
Why would he lie?

Let's be fair. 9 year olds are not infallible witnesses. Burke may not remember the events accurately.

The Ramseys forgot one little detail.
After JB's death,if it was an intruder,it wasn't about them anymore,it should have been about her and justice.Not about them moving on.Not about them spending money on defence.
It's either they're guilty as hell or the most selfish self-centered parents on this planet and in my eyes it's pretty much the same cause because of them a killer is still on the loose.Whether it's one of them or the person they are protecting,what's the difference.A parent is a parent even after the child's death.No,these ones totally forgot about her."THAT CHILD",eh?Yeah,THAT child......
it's not only one thing that makes you go duh when it comes to them,it's TOO many,that's the problem.

Why would he lie?

claudicici,
9 year olds may not be infallible witnesses. Then again any prosecutor knows that any adult crime-scene witnesses are not infallible, and that children tend to have better memories than adults.

So if Burke suffered an episode of ramnesia, ask yourself did he sip tea with JonBenet while she snacked on pineapple. Did he see what JonBenet was wearing prior to bedtime e.g. a barbie nightgown?

I reckon Burke knows the answers to these questions, JonBenet may even have slept in his room , or shared his bed, this had occurred before.

One lapse of memory fine but episodic amnesia sounds like something else!

my bold

Can you please document these lies and their source so we can see exactly what we are discussing?

The "she was/wasn't asleep" is constantly raised as a lie by the Rs, but I have never seen where BR said she was awake. I feel this is another 'urine stain in the hallway' situation.

claudicici,
9 year olds may not be infallible witnesses. Then again any prosecutor knows that any adult crime-scene witnesses are not infallible, and that children tend to have better memories than adults.

So if Burke suffered an episode of ramnesia, ask yourself did he sip tea with JonBenet while she snacked on pineapple. Did he see what JonBenet was wearing prior to bedtime e.g. a barbie nightgown?

I reckon Burke knows the answers to these questions, JonBenet may even have slept in his room , or shared his bed, this had occurred before.

One lapse of memory fine but episodic amnesia sounds like something else!

Yes, he knows the answers to these questions. And he doesn't want to tell them- which is why he is refusing to meet with police.

ok,so I'll take that.The R's were telling the truth and Burke did not remember.

Another thing I can't explain at all is why would JR close the window in the basement and not report the open window to the detective?????

...the ONLY explanation I can come up with,is he lied,the window was never open to begin with,he made it up later to create a believable entry point for the intruder.
Why would he CLOSE the window?

In her interviews Patsy denies giving Jonbonet the pineapple. Shes very stern about it. Maybe Burke and Jonbonet got up after everyone was asleep. I dont think patsy is lying about the pineapple.

Another thing I can't explain at all is why would JR close the window in the basement and not report the open window to the detective?????

...the ONLY explanation I can come up with,is he lied,the window was never open to begin with,he made it up later to create a believable entry point for the intruder.

Maybe he closed the window because cold air was coming in. Maybe with all of the excitement of finding his daughter dead he forgot about the window until later.

just playing devils advocate here..

Was this the answer to my question cici? I think I asked where did RDI get the idea that BR said she was awake? I've heard this many times, but have never seen a quote from BR on any issue.

Who knows, but is this evidence of guilt? Or just someone who was in a controlled state of panic, doing a silly thing and forgetting to mention it?

Maybe he closed the window because cold air was coming in. Maybe with all of the excitement of finding his daughter dead he forgot about the window until later.

just playing devils advocate here..

This was earlier in the day when he first went to the basement, before he found the body.

This was earlier in the day when he first went to the basement, before he found the body.

oh..Thanks. hmmm..thats odd but i agree it doesnt make him the killer. When I see the Ramseys and read their interviews I dont see them as killers lying. I feel sorry for them having to go thru this horror and be blamed for the murder of their daughter..but I admit there are some really weird things. John going right to the wine cellar and finding her is weird and the RN is definitely really weird, but I think sometimes things are just weird and cant be explained. Truth is definitely stranger than fiction. I have no idea if the Ramseys killed JonBonet. Im not personally invested in the outcome. I wasnt there. No one here was there so everyones opinions are opinions and theories..
I dont think the other suspects were investigated appropriately. Gary Olivia and the other guy Holgeth maybe? The guy that killed himself.

At the time Elizabeth Smart was kidnapped from her home and used as a sex slave by those nuts , it seemed so odd and unplausible. But it happened. Theres crazy people out there and everything isnt always explainable.
On the other hand, I could be completely wrong and the Ramseys may be guilty. I really have no idea.

anyway..a long rambling opinion..

Was this the answer to my question cici? I think I asked where did RDI get the idea that BR said she was awake? I've heard this many times, but have never seen a quote from BR on any issue.

Who knows, but is this evidence of guilt? Or just someone who was in a controlled state of panic, doing a silly thing and forgetting to mention it?

BR was never quoted because as someone under 10, no conversation he had with LE would be made public, the way his parents interviews were. But that doesn't mean LE could not talk about what he told them.

BR was never quoted because as someone under 10, no conversation he had with LE would be made public, the way his parents interviews were. But that doesn't mean LE could not talk about what he told them.

Correct me if I'm wrong DD, but I believe you are one of the proponents of the "BR said JBR was awake when they got home" story?

If so, could you then please advise where you got this information, given that you admit BR was never quoted and LE could not talk about it.

Correct me if I'm wrong DD, but I believe you are one of the proponents of the "BR said JBR was awake when they got home" story?

If so, could you then please advise where you got this information, given that you admit BR was never quoted and LE could not talk about it.

Burke Ramsey seemed to have recovered his memory, but to me his answers seemed awkward and he was clearly uncomfortable. When asked how he thought JonBenét had been killed, he replied, “I have no idea.” In his first interview he had been explicit in describing what happened to her. He confirmed that her bed-wetting had been a big problem.
With his legs pulled up and his chin on his knees, Burke said he played some Nintendo on the afternoon of December 25. When showed a photograph of the pineapple and bowl, he recognized the bowl. That showed it belonged in the house and was not brought in by an intruder. He recalled nothing unusual at the Whites’ party other than getting a mild shock from the electric deer fence outside.
He said that his sister fell asleep in the car on the way home but awakened to help carry presents into the house of a friend. When they got home, JonBenét walked in slowly and went up the spiral stairs to bed, just ahead of Patsy. That was quite a difference from the initial and frequently repeated story that she was carried to bed. I felt that this poor kid was con-fused and that he really had no idea what had happened that night.
He heard the “house creaking” during the night, he said, and when he awoke, his mother was turning on the lights and in a rush, saying, “Oh my gosh, oh my gosh,” then his father turned the lights off again. Burke stayed in bed “wondering if something bad had happened.” He heard his father trying to calm his mother, then telling her to call the police.
Burke told the detective he did not get out of bed that morning and that a policeman looked into his room. He re-called thinking that when the police arrived “we would probably be tied up all day” and that he was disappointed the family would not be going to Charlevoix as planned.
When the three days of interviews about his sister’s murder were over, Detective Schuller asked the boy if there was anything he wanted to ask. Burke said yes and pointed to the detective’s wristwatch. “Is that a Rolex?”
JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation, pages 355-356

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back